Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Visit your service center and talk to them. Maybe it may dislodge whatever is holding your order up. Or speed it up. Nothing to lose.
I tried that this week. Fellow at reception desk asked me if I had a VIN assigned. I do not. He then said there really is nothing he can do. If I had a VIN, he could follow it.

I am not sure they really know. Hopefully the part is not coming from overseas!
I finally received a credible (or seems to be credible) update after a manager called me back today. She said my vehicle is awaiting a part but she has been told by various teams that they expect the car to be completed in the next 48 hours and shipped out. I have also been assured that I should have the vehicle in hand by Wednesday, May 18, next week. Hopefully this stands!

5 seater folks... what all-weather floor liners have you decided on? I currently have "LDCRS" all weather mats from amazon for my MY that are great but I don't see anything comparable for MX. I don't like Tesla's mats as they don't have side walls.
Please let me know what you find. I’ve seen weathertech mats have the driver and front passenger available for 5-seater, but that’s about it.

Reactions: JimBob 909
I finally received a credible (or seems to be credible) update after a manager called me back today. She said my vehicle is awaiting a part but she has been told by various teams that they expect the car to be completed in the next 48 hours and shipped out. I have also been assured that I should have the vehicle in hand by Wednesday, May 18, next week. Hopefully this stands!
Is your VIN 342?

That seems a bit high but it depends on your locale. I imagine CA is way more expensive than SC for example. Partial PPF (full hood, bumpers mirrors luggage guard etc) with xpel and full ceramic is around $4500 here in SC.
Fwiw, I have a younger brother who is trying to get me to DIY a full body PPF. He claims it‘s relatively easy, and apparently the actual materials are only a few hundred dollars (a huge roll of the stuff which is enough for doing it twice over)….

for me though, I’m like ok I don’t want to spend a day or two of my life on doing that/may as well pay somebody and do what I’m good at lol.

The only ACTUAL issue i have with pro shops doing a PPF is that we had a highly rated local pro shop do a PPF on the Model Y… and while I just ‘dealt with it’ and didn‘t ‘Karen’ them at ALL, there were several obvious detail errors in the PPF job that no way in *SUGAR* would I have tolerated if I did it myself.

But then again, I do deal in micron-level details all day lol

Last edited:
I think you’re right but I don’t know for sure because I just don’t know enough. Can someone chime in who knows better? I’m waiting for a July 7 seater but really hoping it has the new lights.

I think the way you can tell is the matrix lights have a large lens which looks very much like an old school incandescent\halogen bulb.

Stopped by my Tesla Center tonight and found my car. It's dirty and still has shipping tape on various places. Snapped a few pics. I didn't examine it closely but the things that mattered to me seem fine - FWDs handles line up, interior looks good. No glaring issues to my untrained eye.

I'll post more pics once it's delivered.

Edit: additional info - 3 new MXs were there. A black/white plaid - and a blue (didn't notice if plaid or seat color)

Attachments

• 67400593842__B1BC9C2C-8041-4DF3-B48B-63FA0DAEDD4E.jpg
    67400593842__B1BC9C2C-8041-4DF3-B48B-63FA0DAEDD4E.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 123
  • 67400585141__C5BFF158-4A7E-41EA-8F56-1FE49487F94E.jpg
    67400585141__C5BFF158-4A7E-41EA-8F56-1FE49487F94E.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 99
  • 67400571933__FAFB4E64-55DE-4FCF-9879-024F22DFBC85.jpg
    67400571933__FAFB4E64-55DE-4FCF-9879-024F22DFBC85.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 96
Stopped by my Tesla Center tonight and found my car. It's dirty and still has shipping tape on various places. Snapped a few pics. I didn't examine it closely but the things that mattered to me seem fine - FWDs handles line up, interior looks good. No glaring issues to my untrained eye.

I'll post more pics once it's delivered.

Edit: additional info - 3 new MXs were there. A black/white plaid - and a blue (didn't notice if plaid or seat color)
You in central Indy?

The white plaid should be mine! Happen to grab any pictures? 😂

Reactions: Jbell