Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why would you have more right to be here than him? Show us that rule. He seems to understand the current state of the EV transition that you're not accepting. From the beginning, guys taking refresh deliveries stick around and give aid, comfort, and tons of good and some bad revelatory info to those still waiting. You trying to stop tradition? Car companies that put out 1/100th the amount of EV's that Tesla does, will have more time to wipe us new car buyers backsides-- a lot. They have plenty of time to do that since they're not making many EV's. He's been watching and listening to the 1000 industry troubles of ALL makes trying to follow Tesla and make EV's in volume and failing, he's just putting it all together. We want guys here in this space that reflect. I'm all for that.
Then you completely missed my point.

I’m all for guys staying in here. Tons of people like Stro and others who added value after they got delivery. But I don’t remember anyone else talking down to others and mocking people about wanting their cars.

Nothing he said in his post was ground breaking. We all know those things already. We know there are shortages. I agree with all his points. But I don’t need them explained to me like I’m 5. Go back and read his post. It’s literally dumbing everything down.

Anyway, that’s all. I don’t want to keep detracting from the purpose of this thread.

For what it's worth, turning the seat cooler on makes a very noticeable difference to my back, which otherwise often gets sweaty against car seats in warm/sunny weather. I can feel the cold air from the bottom of the seat too, it's just my back that's traditionally less comfortable.

Also, TeslaFi reports that one Refresh X got the latest FSD Beta, and it's a 328xxx VIN which means it was delivered this year... so for anybody waiting on the beta: it's at least possible.
@Stro I just re-enrolled and started driving like grandma yesterday. Put 200 miles on Safety Beta last night, hopefully it'll sit and catch the Beta again while I'm on vacation.

• Funny
Reactions: Stro
So now the question is why haven't any MX refresh received FSD beta yet?
Refresh X's started delivering in the gigantic void of 'no Beta being given out' from Dec/January up to now. Refresh S's started delivering last spring/summer and caught the Beta wave fall of last year when I got in with my 2018. Unless you're a refresh X in Canada since Beta came to Canucks there recently, you probably don't have Beta.

Then you completely missed my point.

I’m all for guys staying in here. Tons of people like Stro and others who added value after they got delivery. But I don’t remember anyone else talking down to others and mocking people about wanting their cars.

Nothing he said in his post was ground breaking. We all know those things already. We know there are shortages. I agree with all his points. But I don’t need them explained to me like I’m 5. Go back and read his post. It’s literally dumbing everything down.

Anyway, that’s all. I don’t want to keep detracting from the purpose of this thread.
Point now taken. My apologies.

Reactions: kaze, EV3_ and zk19
Has anyone here removed a trade-in from their order and seen it affect their EDD? I'm contemplating removing mine and selling private party, but only if it wouldn't affect my current EDD (6/3-6/24)...
I don't think it would affect it. The text from Freemont that I got actually suggested removing it until I get a VIN and said it wouldn't slow down a delivery date. They can evaluate my trade once I get closer to delivery of my X. The only problem with this is that if they low ball me, I'll need to be in a position buy the X outright and sell my other one to carmax and get my money back if I can't get the funds from Carmax in time.

Seriously, wtf is this pretentious bs? You got your car. Why are you even here and still reading? Does it make you feel better? You added no value. Move along.

And don’t try to explain things like we’re 5 and justify why we should or shouldn’t be feeling certain things. Your whole post comes off like you’re a know it all and we are toddlers that have no idea what’s going on in the real world. Gt***
Hmmm. All I was trying to do was point out some reasons why stuff happens. I do have several years experience dealing with Tesla, this is my 2nd X. IOW, trying to help folks beat the frustration by adding a little info, not talking down at all.

I've followed Tesla closely since 2015 because I consider this company's success fundamental to beating climate change. We don't beat that nothing else much matters. Tesla makes outstanding EVs. Not everyone follows them as closely as I do so I was sharing some things I've learned from actual experience and way too much research for my own good.

Dealing with Tesla
1. I've seen complaints about Tesla service/customer interaction for years. My experience has been the exact opposite. The staff has always treated me with courtesy, been reasonably to outstandingly responsive, and attempted to be helpful at every turn. The downside is when it comes to deliveries the SAs aren't really kept up to date. (Did you know only 3 people at Tesla have access to the delivery schedule list? Musk and two others. I found that out talking with an SA once).
2. I see anecdotes that Tesla tries to weasel out of legitimate warranty issues. I've never experienced that. When I ordered, I waffled between an S and an X, initially choosing the S. Thinking about it some more, I dropped by and asked if I could change it to the X. The sales rep said sure and took care of it for me on the spot, no delay on delivery. On my 2017 90D, the driver's window started making a popping sound when rolled down. Tesla fixed it without complaint. I pushed one of the scroll wheels on the steering wheel too hard and busted it. Tesla dropped by my house and fixed it, no argument, no charge. Early X's developed a problem called judder from a design flaw, meaning the car would develop a shudder when you pushed the accelerator quickly. Tesla replaced the half shafts with no argument, I dropped the car off and had it back the next day. When I took delivery of my new one, I discovered a scuff mark on the dash in a an out of the way place. Took a picture, forwarded it along with a service request and a mobile unit was supposed to drop by today to fix it. Three days ago, they sent me a message indicating the part hadn't come in yet and asked if they could push the appointment to June 9. Sure. So when I see posts complaining about how Tesla treats customers I scratch my head, not my experience at all. I think they're pretty good -- excepting predicting delivery dates.

When I accepted delivery on 5/7, my SA was named Rebakah. She turned me over to someone in service name Erin because he was more familiar with the X than she was, she was a new employee. I asked for Erin, got him, and we had the paperwork done in 10 minutes. Rebakah made a point to come out and say hi and make sure I was happy. She stuck around while we inspected the X and learned about the new stuff. We actually had a great time doing it.

Other EV companies do better? Really? I just went out to see what I could order today if so inclined picking a few at random. Here's what they say about getting one of their EVS (copied from their websites):

Be the first to know when the 2023 Mustang Mach-E is ready to go.
Orders are currently closed for the 2022 Mustang Mach-E, but sign up now for exclusive notifications and be among the first to know when orders open for the 2023 Mach-E.

RESERVE YOUR NEW 2023 CADILLAC LYRIQ AT HENNESSY CADILLAC…
Reservations open September 28th. Be first to experience the all-new 2023 Cadillac LYRIQ when it arrives at Hennessy Cadillac later this year. We’re located at 3377 Satellite Blvd, Duluth, GA 30096 and proudly serve motorists in Duluth, Lawrenceville, Suwanee, Johns Creek, Peachtree Corners, Buford, Sugar Hill and Gainesville, GA.

RIVIAN
Deliveries for new reservations are expected to begin in late 2023.

Reserve your Lucid Air
Your fully refundable reservation for a Lucid Air will secure your place in line when deliveries begin.

IOW, the entire industry, ICE/EV alike, is experiencing problems. It's hard for all of them to make cars right now. Tesla is actually lauded for finding workarounds to keep its assembly lines running, but even Tesla isn't completely immune to what's happening in China with its Zero COVID policy.

As for a know it all, what do you think you're doing? Try to help people deal with their frustration, which I went through right along with everyone here, and I get... you. Thanks a lot.

I'm not sure what's happening to my delivery, it was supposed to be delivered on May 17th!
SA called me and said that the car is having some cosmetic damage that happened during transit and they are waiting for parts to be replaced.
And he said it will take me two more weeks. and my VIN got pulled.
I followed up with him constantly for the past two weeks and he started giving me vague updates...
And last Monday I could see a new VIN assigned to my account.
SA says they will deliver the car next week Thursday but I'm wondering whether it will be the car with the new VIN or the old one I'm going to get!!

Hmmm. All I was trying to do was point out some reasons why stuff happens. I do have several years experience dealing with Tesla, this is my 2nd X. IOW, trying to help folks beat the frustration by adding a little info, not talking down at all.
My response came off way harsher than it should have. I apologize for that and also apologize for misinterpreting the tone.

Anyway, I feel like this is becoming a distraction to the group so hopefully this will be my last response on the matter.

Dang. Jealous of everyone that ordered after me and getting it before me.

My order date was today! 6/1/2021. My anniversary! Red/Black int/20”/7 seater/no FSD

Like everyone, my EDd moved from 7/2022 to Jan-apr 2023 and then to 6/11-7/2 and then yo 6/8-6/24 a few days later and hasn’t changed since. So being hopeful and the date sticks! Checking app every hour for VIN LOL
My sentiments exactly! Order date of 3/8/21 and it's starting to wear on me with the deliveries for orders months after mine!!!

Got an E-mail this morning to schedule my pickup for June 6th.

Ordered 12/25/21. RN1162801xx

Quite a shock since I thought it was going to be January.

Red, Black FSD with five seats and being picked up in Idaho.

This is my second refreshed X. Still loving the first one. Checked CarGuru and my current X is worth 130K ask ... not selling.

Wondering if the economy is causing some people to drop out of the queue? Seems likely to me that I'm a replacement for another res holder.

Good luck everybody on their deliveries, you're going to love the car.

I'm not sure what's happening to my delivery, it was supposed to be delivered on May 17th!
SA called me and said that the car is having some cosmetic damage that happened during transit and they are waiting for parts to be replaced.
And he said it will take me two more weeks. and my VIN got pulled.
I followed up with him constantly for the past two weeks and he started giving me vague updates...
And last Monday I could see a new VIN assigned to my account.
SA says they will deliver the car next week Thursday but I'm wondering whether it will be the car with the new VIN or the old one I'm going to get!!
Your app should show you the VIN. Also your MVPA document should show it. Are those showing a new VIN?

One interesting thing i'm noticing from the spreadsheet is that very few orders with 22" wheels are getting VINned recently. Cream interiors and orders in the Pacific region are kind of in the same boat. Hopefully that is just due to batching and not supply issues, and things pick back up. Given we are hitting the 3rd month of the quarter the general expectation is that Pacific deliveries start ramping up.
I have cream interior and in the pacific NW. I watched @NWBill get his car with black interior three weeks ago and he ordered about a week after me. Everything else was the same except for the interior cream color is am waiting on. I do have a June 18th to July 23 window so hope is growing.
One interesting thing i'm noticing from the spreadsheet is that very few orders with 22" wheels are getting VINned recently. Cream interiors and orders in the Pacific region are kind of in the same boat. Hopefully that is just due to batching and not supply issues, and things pick back up. Given we are hitting the 3rd month of the quarter the general expectation is that Pacific deliveries start ramping up.
I helped @NWBill pick up his car about three weeks ago in Lynnwood, identical to mine other than I have cream interior to his black. His order date was about a week after me. I do have a June 18th to July 23 window so hope is growing. Hang in there @Philip_Seattle, hoping yours come soon as well.

I have cream interior and in the pacific NW. I watched @NWBill get his car with black interior three weeks ago and he ordered about a week after me. Everything else was the same except for the interior cream color is am waiting on. I do have a June 18th to July 23 window so hope is growing.

I helped @NWBill pick up his car about three weeks ago in Lynnwood, identical to mine other than I have cream interior to his black. His order date was about a week after me. I do have a June 18th to July 23 window so hope is growing. Hang in there @Philip_Seattle, hoping yours come soon as well.
Thanks, I appreciate the support. I’m just glad to see a few PNW orders coming in. Sounds like you’re up next in line!