Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It seems odd that Tesla isn’t in a position to deliver any 5 or 7 seaters. Speculation: maybe they decided to redesign the 2nd row to include a pull down center arm rest and those aren’t available yet.
I’d love that. Can’t believe there isn’t a pull down armrest.
Doesn't it already have a center pull down armrest for the 2nd row?

Model-S-refresh-2021-Q4-2020-Tesla-2-c.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: KidsEyeDr
It seems odd that Tesla isn’t in a position to deliver any 5 or 7 seaters. Speculation: maybe they decided to redesign the 2nd row to include a pull down center arm rest and those aren’t available yet.
If they needed to redesign... They would have done it... You know, in the past year! 😂
But seriously, I imagine that Major design elements like that we're worked out in 2020.

• Funny
Reactions: KidsEyeDr
I made that mistake once. Canceled my pre-refresh, January order only to turn around and re-order in May. Ugh!!!! Sent me to the back of the line.

No it didn't. There is no line - just the crazy logic Tesla uses to deliver cars. No one understands it, but there is a ryhme and reason.....we think.

Either way, you'll get your car about the same time regardless.

I wish they would start working on black… did it have regular or dealer plates if you saw?
Haven’t seen anyone with black on the thread- all from yesterday looked like white only
I didn’t notice plates. Had people checking it out and seemed like a family was getting in. I would have stopped if my wife and kids weren’t with me. Definitely a new X with a yoke.

Reactions: shamberann
So I decided to throw it at the wall to see if anything stuck and called the 888 number. The guy was really friendly. My order has been blank since everyone else's went blank. Interestingly, it was blank on his end, but he intimated that the car is in a stage that precedes production. I can't remember his words, but he was very encouraging.

I have a Plaid on order. I brought up to him that I heard there were issues with Plaid and that only LR were being delivered. He acted surprised and suggested I was misinformed - that both are being delivered. He was careful not to say too much, but was proud that he was offering "inside" information you can't get on Reddit. I quickly corrected him and told him that I get all my information from the center of the universe: TMC.

He hinted that I may got mine before the end of the year. He couldn't say for sure, but seemed optimistic. Before hanging up, I said: "So you're sayin' I got a chance...." I think he was too young to get the reference.....

So I decided to throw it at the wall to see if anything stuck and called the 888 number. The guy was really friendly. My order has been blank since everyone else's went blank. Interestingly, it was blank on his end, but he intimated that the car is in a stage that precedes production. I can't remember his words, but he was very encouraging.

I have a Plaid on order. I brought up to him that I heard there were issues with Plaid and that only LR were being delivered. He acted surprised and suggested I was misinformed - that both are being delivered. He was careful not to say too much, but was proud that he was offering "inside" information you can't get on Reddit. I quickly corrected him and told him that I get all my information from the center of the universe: TMC.

He hinted that I may got mine before the end of the year. He couldn't say for sure, but seemed optimistic. Before hanging up, I said: "So you're sayin' I got a chance...." I think he was too young to get the reference.....
Sounds a lot like the dude I talked to. I wrote him off as clueless. Keep in mind that they are learning more and more with our calls. We are the internet and information for them, not their internal system.

Been lurking around here getting hyped about some people getting calls to switch to a 6s and finally got it today. Was told that guarantees a delivery before the end of the year, cars starting to ship next week. Had a LR 5-seat order from early February - in California. Max excite
Could you share your order date ? and was it 6s any color config ?
Edit: You already wrote February, thanks!