Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Long time sleuther…first time poster. We ordered a LR, white on white 7 seater on 3/7/21, got impatient and bought a 2019 Model X P100D 7 seater, in August with super low miles (7K). We love it! Originally weren’t sure what we were going to do with our refresh reservation but everyone said don’t cancel so we haven’t yet.

Got the call last Monday to change our configuration to 6 seater and “guarantee” delivery by end of year..we agreed. I do think getting in the 3rd row is very clunky with the 7 seater and see the benefit now of captain chairs and the space in the middle….2 kids are 5 and 7.

Now we are trying to decide do we sell our 2019 as soon as we get a VIN or keep the 2019 and sell the refresh once delivered. Ideally we would keep the refresh and sell the 2019 but we are worried about losing money at this point. Any thoughts?

Fascinating. I wish I could factually observe what you’ve observed.

I’ve watched quite a bit of FSD footage and even the parts where it’s a dumb teenager I’m kinda impressed. I think it’s worth getting in the X refresh.

I mean it’s not perfect but it is of logical origin and has continually-improving logic. 🤷🏼‍♂️
Like I’m talking turns into wrong lane, getting into left turn lane to make a right hand turn, extremely slow on turns.

It needs a ton of work to be ready for mainstream America. They need to do a TON more testing outside CA.

Overall it’s still years ahead of anyone but I think most Tesla owners would be disappointed if they saw the current status.

And the deaths of several people who misuse it (and even those who weren't misusing it)? It is unavoidable that you will have people who abuse the technology.

Edit: re-read your post and I think you are saying that it is hard to abuse it now with the latest software builds. That said, my point is the same: a computer may be nearly infinitely faster than a human mind, but does not bear rationale thought or reasoning capacity. It's what makes us human. I believe (only my opinions) that even if the realization of a safe FSD were possible, the ramp to get there is just too dangerous.
There have been zero deaths related to FSD. You're conflating people who have had Autopilot enabled with FSD, which most definitely was not in any of the cars. There have also been a lot of deaths related to cruise control in a cars over the last 40 years, likely because it was being misused at the time. But that has nothing to do with FSD.

By that logic we should all be walking to our destinations.
Really, you suggest a car should be able to drive itself or it's not a useful instrument of transportation?

It's hard enough to change hearts and minds of family members, let alone people you don't know. So, instead, I propose we find someone willing to grab some drone footage and give us an update on what the lots look like in Fremont!

There have been zero deaths related to FSD. You're conflating people who have had Autopilot enabled with FSD, which most definitely was not in any of the cars. There have also been a lot of deaths related to cruise control in a cars over the last 40 years, likely because it was being misused at the time. But that has nothing to do with FSD.
I can't dispute facts, as I do not know them. But if what you are saying is true, that cruise control has led to a lot of deaths, then wouldn't one assume that there will only be more deaths with technology that induces the driver to pay even less attention and take even less ownership of the vehicle than that of a person using cruise control?

Long time sleuther…first time poster. We ordered a LR, white on white 7 seater on 3/7/21, got impatient and bought a 2019 Model X P100D 7 seater, in August with super low miles (7K). We love it! Originally weren’t sure what we were going to do with our refresh reservation but everyone said don’t cancel so we haven’t yet.

Got the call last Monday to change our configuration to 6 seater and “guarantee” delivery by end of year..we agreed. I do think getting in the 3rd row is very clunky with the 7 seater and see the benefit now of captain chairs and the space in the middle….2 kids are 5 and 7.

Now we are trying to decide do we sell our 2019 as soon as we get a VIN or keep the 2019 and sell the refresh once delivered. Ideally we would keep the refresh and sell the 2019 but we are worried about losing money at this point. Any thoughts?

have you seen what used 2018s and 2019s are going for? you will not lose money, you can make so much in the used market right now... I would 100% sell the 2019 and keep the refresh. Unless someone makes you an offer you can't refuse on the refresh which is certainly possible given the delays and price increases.

22” rims are 🤤

Attachments

• F7072173-205F-4AAF-84A8-29DAF617AB6A.jpeg
    F7072173-205F-4AAF-84A8-29DAF617AB6A.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 78
  • 0165D724-0510-467F-9B8B-684DB27A081C.jpeg
    0165D724-0510-467F-9B8B-684DB27A081C.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 61
I can't dispute facts, as I do not know them. But if what you are saying is true, that cruise control has led to a lot of deaths, then wouldn't one assume that there will only be more deaths with technology that induces the driver to pay even less attention and take even less ownership of the vehicle than that of a person using cruise control?
Quite the opposite. Enhancing cruise control to the currently available traffic aware cruise control is considerably safer, because it reduces the vehicle's speed as appropriate. And it's constantly monitoring the situation. Humans definitely don't do that.

Suggesting that driver assist features are inherently less safe because, in a world of perfect drivers, it provides no benefit seems a rather extreme argument. It's based on an entirely false premise. Humans are inherently not perfect. Technology never is too, but it is much more consistent. Once technology incorporates a solution then it applies that solution pretty consistently, especially in comparison to a human.

----

And just to keep back to on topic, I declined the 6 seat upgrade and also have the January showing now in my account. I find it at least slightly more believable than when I had April then September. The only time it was more believable is when it was blank.

• Love
Reactions: TWENT2 and Hebert
Quite the opposite. Enhancing cruise control to the currently available traffic aware cruise control is considerably safer, because it reduces the vehicle's speed as appropriate. And it's constantly monitoring the situation. Humans definitely don't do that.

Suggesting that driver assist features are inherently less safe because, in a world of perfect drivers, it provides no benefit seems a rather extreme argument. It's based on an entirely false premise. Humans are inherently not perfect. Technology never is too, but it is much more consistent. Once technology incorporates a solution then it applies that solution pretty consistently, especially in comparison to a human.

----

And just to keep back to on topic, I declined the 6 seat upgrade and also have the January showing now in my account. I find it at least slightly more believable than when I had April then September. The only time it was more believable is when it was blank.
@focher, I hear you. I very much appreciate driver assist features. I will never buy a car that does not have radar cruise control. I have been saved by lane change warnings. That said, in my humble opinion, driver assist features are far different from "Full Self Driving".

I agree - let's get back to the shared misery of waiting the waiting room!

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
So I just call the 888 Tesla number to see if I could get any info, the lady I spoke with did not know much and said that no Model X deliveries have taken place yet. how does she not know that some have been delivered if she works at Tesla?
Internal comms are awful.

I also just got rid of my 22s as I quite like the 20s and it isn’t worth the $5500 extra.

So I just call the 888 Tesla number to see if I could get any info, the lady I spoke with did not know much and said that no Model X deliveries have taken place yet. how does she not know that some have been delivered if she works at Tesla?
Are you new here? Because you are adorable!

Asking a Tesla employee not named Elon about something at Tesla isn’t usually helpful. And asking Elon is … aspirational.