Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anybody else got movement on their Source code?
Looks like mine is showing a Build tag rc 202110211346
I'm thinking that's 10/21 2021

Attachments

• 20211026_115315.jpg
    20211026_115315.jpg
    706.6 KB · Views: 95
Tesla is apparently going to offer new colors. Will those of us waiting have more choice? Doubtful as the colors likely won’t be offered out of Fremont. But another thing to hope for.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Tesla is apparently going to offer new colors. Will those of us waiting have more choice? Doubtful as the colors likely won’t be offered out of Fremont. But another thing to hope for.

This would be cool but I would probably end up wrapping anyway so doesn't really make a difference for me....

Long time sleuther…first time poster. We ordered a LR, white on white 7 seater on 3/7/21, got impatient and bought a 2019 Model X P100D 7 seater, in August with super low miles (7K). We love it! Originally weren’t sure what we were going to do with our refresh reservation but everyone said don’t cancel so we haven’t yet.

Got the call last Monday to change our configuration to 6 seater and “guarantee” delivery by end of year..we agreed. I do think getting in the 3rd row is very clunky with the 7 seater and see the benefit now of captain chairs and the space in the middle….2 kids are 5 and 7.

Now we are trying to decide do we sell our 2019 as soon as we get a VIN or keep the 2019 and sell the refresh once delivered. Ideally we would keep the refresh and sell the 2019 but we are worried about losing money at this point. Any thoughts?
I’m in the same boat with our 2020 X. We had no plans of buying a refresh until the wreck. Then I was worried it would get totaled so I ordered one in early Feb. I actually wanted a pre-refresh just to have an X since it’s hard to go to an ICE. It wasn’t totaled and we got it back late Sept but it’s not the same and feels dangerous at times. The body shop says go to Tesla, Tesla says it’s either fine or see the body shop.

I thought of selling it now but with current new order deliveries estimating so far out I’m hoping it won’t make much of a difference if I wait. It’s hard to drive a non-Tesla while we wait.