Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The manual also still mentions the 120 pound vertical load limit on page 93:
1635966977401.png

This is why I asked. The video from OCDetailing made it seem like it was all exactly the same. I can imagine there being some minor differences for the front seats because of the center console with the charging pads, etc.

I guess I will just wait for now though. I just don't want to wait too long and then have them all sold out when refresh orders start rolling out.

I had the same question about the 20" snow chains. One SA told me that they wouldn't work for the refresh X and then after getting feedback from the service team, they will work with the refresh X 20" tires.

Thanks @Stro !
that guy from OCDetailing... its cool that he is giving us glimpses. But its evident he doesn't have an X and rarely drives one. But acts as if he knows it intimately ;-)

in two years our wait will seem like a small blip in time.
It's getting to be a pretty big blip. While it's my own doing, I've been without a car for going on 10 months because I semi-trusted that deliveries would begin by mid summer 2021. I'm now looking at waiting OVER 1 YEAR for a car that was originally promised in April. Look, I love Tesla's products, believe the company's mission is critical, all that... But they must be more realistic and start treating loyal customers as just that versus cult members that will accept price increase after price increase -- for a product that is supposed to FALL in price as economies of scale take hold – and delay after delay in actually getting your vehicle with one broken promise after another. This ain't good PR. It ain't good Customer Relations. It ain't healthy for Tesla.

It's getting to be a pretty big blip. While it's my own doing, I've been without a car for going on 10 months because I semi-trusted that deliveries would begin by mid summer 2021. I'm now looking at waiting OVER 1 YEAR for a car that was originally promised in April. Look, I love Tesla's products, believe the company's mission is critical, all that... But they must be more realistic and start treating loyal customers as just that versus cult members that will accept price increase after price increase -- for a product that is supposed to FALL in price as economies of scale take hold – and delay after delay in actually getting your vehicle with one broken promise after another. This ain't good PR. It ain't good Customer Relations. It ain't healthy for Tesla.
I'm pulling the trigger on this range rover if there is no news this week. Tired of waiting myself. Yea, yeah... same price as the MXP without the power. Don't care for power if the vehicle doesn't exist.

1635968899248.png

I'm pulling the trigger on this range rover if there is no news this week. Tired of waiting myself. Yea, yeah... same price as the MXP without the power. Don't care for power if the vehicle doesn't exist.

View attachment 728978
If it makes you feel better, it’s less than the plaid depending on your options. Mine is something like $139k so you are getting a bargain!

On the other hand, I have a feeling you won’t see the Range Rover until May ‘22 at the earliest.

Damn it! You're right. Just called them and they said they had to give back all deposits for reservations as they "don't know when they'll be arriving". Well damn the devil. Damn the devil to hell.

I had a 2010 and outside of some reliability issues was a very nice car. Ride quality still much better than my current X, at least from memory. I can imagine these being worth the $

I thought the new MX fka (formerly known as) LR had the same battery size as the old MX LR, 100 kw. Is that not correct?
No actually they did reduce capacity. :)
The pre refresh X pack had an energy density of 165 wh/kg at the pack level, and weighed 625 kg, giving a capacity of 103,125 wh; ~103 kWh.
The new pack has an energy density of 186 wh/kg at the pack level, weighing 537 kg. This gives a capacity of 99,882 wh; ~99.9 kWh. 😁

The manual also still mentions the 120 pound vertical load limit on page 93:
View attachment 728948
Given the fact that this is the same as the Model Y 6 and 7 seater config with 21" wheels, I wonder if this is just sloppy OR that the spec/manual assumes a 6 or 7 seat config.

Quote:

The maximum trailer weight (including all cargo and additional equipment), and the trailer tongue weight depend on the number of occupants in your vehicle and the tires being used.

I cannot imagine that the X as such a low weight tolerance.

However, I agree that it can go either way at this stage without someone confirming. I doubt that anyone at Tesla actually knows tho...

Edit: hmm, the online manual for the refresh also states 120 lbs and is indeed dependant on passenger load

Last edited:
Try getting one of those Rivians. I hear they're making their cars at the rate of say, 1 per week. You should have it in no time. 300 years at this rate :p. We shouldn't assume that Tesla is the only one having issues getting new cars. My wife has been waiting more than 6 months for her upgraded Navigator. And remember what the Hertz guy said, "Tesla is the only one that can build them at scale".

No actually they did reduce capacity. :)
The pre refresh X pack had an energy density of 165 wh/kg at the pack level, and weighed 625 kg, giving a capacity of 103,125 wh; ~103 kWh.
The new pack has an energy density of 186 wh/kg at the pack level, weighing 537 kg. This gives a capacity of 99,882 wh; ~99.9 kWh. 😁
Knew it, but never wanted to hear it out loud. Thanks for that lol. They dropped the weight for the refresh by around 300lbs including the smaller, but 1/3 more powerful as they say, battery. My range heart just took a nick to the side. Dammit all too hell! I'll for sure be upgrading to 4680 when it comes to the X, as long as the range is there. Range, range, range. range.

range.

Range.

range.

Low range is the biggest problem. 85% charge is 145 ish miles (233 km) - BUT... Since it's just a daily driver/grocery-getter I have never had range anxiety. The only problem came up when I wanted to drive to Laughlin, NV for work (from Chandler, AZ) - I could have easily made it to the Wickenburg Supercharger (#unlimitedsuperchargingforthewin) but ABRP (A Better Route Planner) said that I'd make it to the next supercharger with 10% charge... I DO NOT TRUST any prediction under 20% in this car. It has 140k miles (225k km) and tends to lose range at 7/8 projected.

As far as speed... HA! this thing is SUPER FUN! (Mind you, my previous car was a 2007 Prius with 360,000 miles 😂 ) I mean, It's not scaring passengers with whiplash or anything, but I gave my wife's grandfather a turn behind the wheel and he never stopped giggling the entire time! For context, he used to work on the production line at GM for 40 years... He kept punching it and giggling, trying to surprise me. It was amazing!

But it still feels like a new car. The white perf'd leather is PRISTINE. If I didn't know better, I would say it was a 2019. I LOVE it. I JUMP at the opportunity to go run errands because I want to spend more time driving it! 😂
What he said... Since you ordered the Rivian, any feedback or estimated delivery date (hahaha)? I've tried, unsuccessfully, to try to get a ballpark estimate, however, they are also being very coy and evasive.
I asked Rivian also and could not get even a ballpark estimate. My January EDD fake as it is seems better than we have no clue.

Given the fact that this is the same as the Model Y 6 and 7 seater config with 21" wheels, I wonder if this is just sloppy OR that the spec/manual assumes a 6 or 7 seat config.

Quote:

The maximum trailer weight (including all cargo and additional equipment), and the trailer tongue weight depend on the number of occupants in your vehicle and the tires being used.

I cannot imagine that the X as such a low weight tolerance.

However, I agree that it can go either way at this stage without someone confirming. I doubt that anyone at Tesla actually knows tho...

Edit: hmm, the online manual for the refresh also states 120 lbs and is indeed dependant on passenger load

I’m hoping this is the case too and it’s just a sloppy copy and paste job. 120 just seems absurdly low. I think most cars would be around that low. 350/500 seems a lot more accurate. I’m going to hope that’s the case because it’s the difference for us in being able to take our bikes around or not.

Reactions: KidsEyeDr and Notna