Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It just dawned on me... With all of those built MX's sitting in the lot (from the flyover video) wouldn't that mean that a bunch of people got Vin numbers? I thought accounts got assigned VIN numbers as soon as the vehicle was built..........So even if these are missing a part or 2 shouldn't the owners have gotten VINs once it came off the line?

I just find it odd that in the population of orders on this forum and reddit, we have only seen 2 people getting VIN numbers.
Not necessarily. They won’t post a vin to your account unless it matches AND is intended for delivery at the end of production. I suspect that holding lot is waiting on some sort of part before it can be cleared for delivery and/or they’re Plaids with no regulatory approval yet.

Reactions: JER85
Well it really only leaves the high-range Lucid as an option since Rivian is only 300 miles range itself… and then Lucid doesn’t have a supercharger network (let alone that you’ll be towing with a sedan) so you’ve gotta wait on Tesla to open the Supercharger network to other EVs… basically there is no good SUV towing option at present. 😔
This is fair. I’d hold tight for a few more months if you can. Either the MX comes out, or I hear the BMW iX and MB EQG is expected out mid 2022.

Reactions: KidsEyeDr
I’m getting really pissed about this refresh. Not even because of the wait, I expected that. But 2 of the main uses we plan for the X are road trips and carrying our e-bikes. Now I’m seeing the range at 348 vs 371 of the previous model (I know, subject to change, software, real world rating, etc.). And this morning I’m reading the tongue weight limit is only 120 lbs?!? We carry 2-3 e-bikes at a time and that alone would be over the limit, let alone the weight of the heavy bike rack itself. My QX60 was easily able to handle that and so does my friend’s 2018 X.

I’m at the pre-$15k price increases level, so I don’t want to just cancel my order. But at this point, I wish I could just sell my reservation for $10-15k and apply that to a Raven X. Plus I prefer the vertical screen instead of this stupid Y/iPad style screen. Everything about this refresh feels, to me at least, like it went backwards, not forwards in progress.

This happened today! Only problem is when I push the button the tank doesn't open....Now I just need my X!
20211103_130531.jpg
20211103_115823.jpg

I really thought we would see some movement this week, I understand not everybody getting vehicles is on this forum but at this rate even all the people we have on here that switched to 6 seaters are going to be struggling to get before the end of the year
I have a day one six seat order in California and my delivery advisor continues to tell me most will be Jan - March with just a very small amount Nov and Dec. As with all DA/SA’s, who knows what any of them know but she’s been pretty accurate for me so far other than my original delivery date in Feb or whatever it was. I don’t even remember any more but whenever my account changed and I asked I was told not to get my hopes up since then.

I have a day one six seat order in California and my delivery advisor continues to tell me most will be Jan - March with just a very small amount Nov and Dec. As with all DA/SA’s, who knows what any of them know but she’s been pretty accurate for me so far other than my original delivery date in Feb or whatever it was. I don’t even remember any more but whenever my account changed and I asked I was told not to get my hopes up since then.
I'm sure Tesla will make a push to deliver as many MX as possible before year-end. But they are likely constrained by their production capacity of MX. When I received the call to switch from 5 eats to 6 seats, I asked if they'd promise to deliver it within the year if I switch. They refused. It's probably a good bet that most will get theirs in January because it appears that many had taken the bait and switched.

This happened today! Only problem is when I push the button the tank doesn't open....Now I just need my X!View attachment 728898View attachment 728897
Ha... I just got my charger installed yesterday too and I'm getting rid of a Lexus SUV. The firmware/software story on these gen 3 wall chargers is pretty confusing -- ie, are those the same thing (I believe so) and what is the latest version (its certainly not what they load onto the charger when it leaves the factory, and furthermore the version number doesn't even resemble the current version number) and how to upgrade the software/firmware (they say it will do it itself but evidently only if you want months and months, otherwise you have to force it to upgrade) and last, if there any benefit to upgrade if you aren't concerned with power sharing (doesn't seem so).... Tesla makes things so clear and easy. NOT

I’m getting really pissed about this refresh. Not even because of the wait, I expected that. But 2 of the main uses we plan for the X are road trips and carrying our e-bikes. Now I’m seeing the range at 348 vs 371 of the previous model (I know, subject to change, software, real world rating, etc.). And this morning I’m reading the tongue weight limit is only 120 lbs?!? We carry 2-3 e-bikes at a time and that alone would be over the limit, let alone the weight of the heavy bike rack itself. My QX60 was easily able to handle that and so does my friend’s 2018 X.

I’m at the pre-$15k price increases level, so I don’t want to just cancel my order. But at this point, I wish I could just sell my reservation for $10-15k and apply that to a Raven X. Plus I prefer the vertical screen instead of this stupid Y/iPad style screen. Everything about this refresh feels, to me at least, like it went backwards, not forwards in progress.
Same I feel you. This was going to be our third Tesla but stuck debating what to do since we want to tow a small teardrop with a roof top tent. Looking at the Bean stock vs taxa tiger moth.

I hope someone can confirm the tongue weight specs, because if it’s 120 that’s a no go for us. Even my 75d is close to 200 if I remember right.

Reactions: nBar5EV1 and Fulkth
Today my Model 3's control arm started going out for a second time and sounds like Optimus Prime is about to transform... and my 12V battery has gone to crap after 13 months of Tesla changing the last one. I really hope these issues aren't expected with the MX as often as I've had to fix my Model 3. I told myself that maybe this is a sign that the MX is coming as my savior, but nope. The next service appointment to get them fixed is in last November.

The Range Rover is sounding more and more attractive to me.

Same I feel you. This was going to be our third Tesla but stuck debating what to do since we want to tow a small teardrop with a roof top tent. Looking at the Bean stock vs taxa tiger moth.

I hope someone can confirm the tongue weight specs, because if it’s 120 that’s a no go for us. Even my 75d is close to 200 if I remember right.

According to page 94, its 350/500 lbs for max tongue weight?