Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Based on that I would say any of us East coasters that are hoping to get what they promised of year end delivery would need to get some vins in the next week in order to make that happen. I am starting to think that is not looking good based on the rate we are seeing, hope I am wrong.
I think this applies to most of us, not just East coasters unfortunately.

Reactions: Fulkth and BenSutt
Based on that I would say any of us East coasters that are hoping to get what they promised of year end delivery would need to get some vins in the next week in order to make that happen. I am starting to think that is not looking good based on the rate we are seeing, hope I am wrong.
The current timeline puts me at just under 3 weeks from VIN assignment to delivery so you can still receive a VIN in early December and get the car by end of year. Keeping my fingers crossed for you guys...

What are your impressions now after a day? Any dislikes or things you didn’t expect?
Got about 200 miles on it already. Not many dislikes honestly, it's what I expected having been around other 6 seaters but has all the positives of the 3/Y with the sleek minimal design. I'm still getting used to the UI. I also can't seem to find any way to have the driver door autopresent without the key fob, seems to be fob only? I haven't spent much time getting that figured out though.
Are you planning to wrap your MX?
Nope, I wanted the white as I live out in the desert heat and sun. Every summer is months on end of 110+ heat and brutal sunlight without a cloud in sight. My 3 struggles to keep the car comfortable with everything at max on the hottest days. I've been thinking about wrapping my 3 though as it is MSM, although I love how the MSM looks up close (I'm not a fan how it looks from far away though).

Got about 200 miles on it already. Not many dislikes honestly, it's what I expected having been around other 6 seaters but has all the positives of the 3/Y with the sleek minimal design. I'm still getting used to the UI. I also can't seem to find any way to have the driver door autopresent without the key fob, seems to be fob only? I haven't spent much time getting that figured out though.

Nope, I wanted the white as I live out in the desert heat and sun. Every summer is months on end of 110+ heat and brutal sunlight without a cloud in sight. My 3 struggles to keep the car comfortable with everything at max on the hottest days. I've been thinking about wrapping my 3 though as it is MSM, although I love how the MSM looks up close (I'm not a fan how it looks from far away though).
Could you confirm if the headlights still have the lower hash mark lights like in this photo? This is one of my favorite features of my current X I think it looks so cool at night

Attachments

• ED2FCAFC-E7B6-4498-B99B-31EE801FAEC3.jpeg
    ED2FCAFC-E7B6-4498-B99B-31EE801FAEC3.jpeg
    87 KB · Views: 85
That is, as explained, specific to the U.S, and the rest of the world does it slightly different (as so many things in life) Luckily, the Model X instruction vid specifically says the hitch is U.S specific and that it varies per country so that is good to know. I assume that, for the Dutch market at least, we are getting the 'ball' hitch as is custom with all cars here.

That just leaves us with how the yoke works when doing roundabouts. In short; when doing a roundabout 3/4, we indicate our turn signal to the left. Note that this is not something that is dictated by law, but makes using a roundabout so much easier and safer that most people do it. At the moment you are about to leave the roundabout, you do have to indicate that with a turn signal right (this is mandatory by law, though most people still ignore it sadly).

Now, the new software for the yoke has made adjustments to the signal indicator behaviour (i.e it detects when you are done with the manoeuvre and then turns the turn signal off as opposed to leaving it on when not doing a full turn with the yoke) so I am kinda hoping that works with the described roundabout turning, but in the off chance it does not; I have no clue how you are going to be able to turn on your turn signal mid manoeuvre which is kind of problematic.

@Fulkth , if you do get the chance to test something like that out (not on a roundabout persé, but in a similar situation on a parking lot or whatever) that would be fantastic. That is the only worry I still have for a yoke steering wheel here in NL (and yes; we have roundabouts EVERYWHERE) so its not like we can shrug it off as 'meh' )

P.S still 0 indication as to an expected delivery date on the cars here. Booh!
NewZealanders are a capable bunch. Imagine they will master the Yoke Steering Wheel quickly. I have even seen them steer tractors and tanks with two large levers to command Skid Steer. Round abouts there are designed not to eliminate accidents (which there are many) but to reduce deaths (which there are few) compared to 90 degree intersections.

They must be missing a part as it’s the only explanation for virtually no cars leaving the factory and all those X's parked outside. The question is when are they getting the part in? I’m happy to go and search all the cargo ships parked outside the Long Beach harbor Elon. Just put me in the front of the line and give me lifetime supercharging 😄

• Funny
Reactions: lexus26
View attachment 731356
If you have any time could you measure how many inches between the green and the purple areas?I can't find anything online for even the pre-refresh.would be a great place for a nap and maybe an electric fridge!
Purple is 12.75 inches, green is 16. It's 35 inches from back display to the third row base.