Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The eagle has (almost) landed! I just got a phone call from my delivery person in Fremont that I can fly up and pick up my new Model X Plaid on Friday! I'm doing actual delivery at the factory (not the delivery center a few miles away). I'll make sure to take pictures and post them on here. It's almost a year from my original order date.

Correct - HOWEVER my SA is saying that NO plaid orders that are 5 & 7 seat have EVER been contacted for the FREE change to 6 seats. I’m asking for any PLAID order that received the FREE change to graciously share their RN so I can give that to my SA for PROOF ;-)
I got the call and sadly made the free switch to a six-seater. MXPlaid. There are so many pages here that it's impossible to keep so not sure if you've resolved this. If not, let me know. Side question for the group- any 'risk' in sharing an RN#?

Reactions: FLScubaLife
I got the call and sadly made the free switch to a six-seater. MXPlaid. There are so many pages here that it's impossible to keep so not sure if you've resolved this. If not, let me know. Side question for the group- any 'risk' in sharing an RN#?
Congrats. Looks like you will get your updated XP soon.
You don't have to share full RN. Just RN plus four digit is good enough.

Reactions: FLScubaLife
I contacted both Freemont and my local SA (Las Vegas). Both informed me that no "free" upgrade was available for anyone. I have a July 2021 Mx LR 5 Seat SFD. Based on this, I would echo with the previous comments to get such a gratuitous offer in a text or email.

I contacted both Freemont and my local SA (Las Vegas). Both informed me that no "free" upgrade was available for anyone. I have a July 2021 Mx LR 5 Seat SFD. Based on this, I would echo with the previous comments to get such a gratuitous offer in a text or email.
I believe (as I was told by the Tesla rep) it's ONLY for ModelX Plaid. They will continue to produce 5/7 for the LR. He said if I wanted to keep my 5-seat config, that I would have to switch to an LR.

Edit- and moments ago went from Feb. to TBD

When I try and add FSD there is a button that says I acknowledge I can make no further changes to my vehicle... or something to that effect... so I don't have the guts to pull the trigger given 1) no idea it if will really help get my car any faster and 2) there is no way I want to pay for "FSD"... Maybe I should have more faith.... ?

Does anyone know if the old Model X wheels will fit the refreshed model?
According to the manuals, wheels for the pre-refresh should fit.

Attachments

• 682CCBAB-73C8-48C4-8EDB-CCF4D1ABBCF7.jpeg
    682CCBAB-73C8-48C4-8EDB-CCF4D1ABBCF7.jpeg
    62.9 KB · Views: 89
  • FE968FE1-BE11-4C12-A3BD-0C4CCA70C8CC.jpeg
    FE968FE1-BE11-4C12-A3BD-0C4CCA70C8CC.jpeg
    182.6 KB · Views: 68
Long time lurker, got text this morning that I have a VIN.

MX Plaid, White, Black, 6 Seat. No FSD Ordered 2/11/21.
RN1144861XX
VIN 7SAXCBE6XNF3315XX

Any one know how long it's taking to take delivery in Renton WA once you get a VIN?
Congratulations!!

According to the Order Tracking spreadsheet, of 31 MX deliveries time from VIN to delivery averages at 9.8 days.

everyone talking about the MXPlaid... People that ordered their MXLR a year ago JUST got their vin....
I ordered my MXLR 5/2021... looks like its going to be awhile before anything comes out for LR?

Kinda hard to keep on this thread isn't it? Initial refreshed Model X deliveries were all LR. It's only fairly recently (in a relative sense) that Plaids have been getting delivered. Much speculation (and no hard information) as to what the mix of production and delivery will be for LR vs. Plaid going forward.

Bruce.

everyone talking about the MXPlaid... People that ordered their MXLR a year ago JUST got their vin....
I ordered my MXLR 5/2021... looks like its going to be awhile before anything comes out for LR?
I ordered MXLR on June 21 and honestly not expecting it before may/June 22...obviously its just a guess and Tesla gods may knock on the door earlier or might be asleep till end of year. at least we're locked on those old prices

Reactions: FDEWEESE