Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered MXLR on June 21 and honestly not expecting it before may/June 22...obviously its just a guess and Tesla gods may knock on the door earlier or might be asleep till end of year. at least we're locked on those old prices

Biggest worry for us I think still remains the complete absence of 5/7 seaters and lack of any info; even if we just saw one in the wild (like as in delivered to one of us), those doom and gloom potentially 2023 deliveries fears would alleviated for those of us that ordered in 2020 and early/mid 2021.

I've also tweeted/retweeted some of the earlier tweets to the Tesla-fluencers that we've seen in the forums, but they also have been silent I think due to them not knowing anything re: this.

I ordered MXLR on June 21 and honestly not expecting it before may/June 22...obviously its just a guess and Tesla gods may knock on the door earlier or might be asleep till end of year. at least we're locked on those old prices
i ordered the same date as you. got my VIN 2 weeks ago and have not heard anything since.

MX LR
6 Seats
Black / Black
VIN assigned 2 weeks ago
Bay Area Colma for pick up

2 Calls and Emails i got is the car is in fremont waiting on inspections.

but taking a look at the time line here in the bay area its 20+ days from VIN assignment to delivery.

i ordered the same date as you. got my VIN 2 weeks ago and have not heard anything since.

MX LR
6 Seats
Black / Black
VIN assigned 2 weeks ago

but taking a look at the time line here in the bay area its 20+ days from VIN assignment to delivery.
I forgot to mention I ordered a 5 seat cause I need the space...choosing not to do the 2nd row folding is beyond my understanding.
every captain chairs 2nd row we previously had was just awesome and we loved it so thesla can't claim that non folding seats are more comfortable

MX LR
6 Seats
Black / Black
VIN assigned 2 weeks ago

The best part is at least you have a VIN. I am sure you will have your delivery soon. Rest all are still waiting for VINs including me.:rolleyes:

Kinda hard to keep on this thread isn't it? Initial refreshed Model X deliveries were all LR. It's only fairly recently (in a relative sense) that Plaids have been getting delivered. Much speculation (and no hard information) as to what the mix of production and delivery will be for LR vs. Plaid going forward.

Bruce.
Should there be a separate thread for MX Plaid only (similar to MS forum), and potentially another for 5/7 seats MX LR, based on current situation?

I got the call and sadly made the free switch to a six-seater. MXPlaid. There are so many pages here that it's impossible to keep so not sure if you've resolved this. If not, let me know. Side question for the group- any 'risk' in sharing an RN#?
Thank you so much for letting me know.

If you feel comfortable messaging me I'm happy to either send you my email, cell or my Tesla SA's cell number if you prefer to text him directly your RN and in your words about the Tesla call with FREE change to 6 seat with your plaid order.

I appreciate it and don't worry, I'm 100% trustworthy.
- Candace

everyone talking about the MXPlaid... People that ordered their MXLR a year ago JUST got their vin....
I ordered my MXLR 5/2021... looks like its going to be awhile before anything comes out for LR?
Initially all deliveries were MXLR, and then near the end of Dec it transitioned to almost all Plaid, but it seems to be swinging back towards MXLR now. However, all of these have been 6 seat configs. You likely have quite a while to wait for a 5 seat config, unless they make another random switch and start producing those instead of the 6 seaters.

Thank you so much for letting me know.

If you feel comfortable messaging me I'm happy to either send you my email, cell or my Tesla SA's cell number if you prefer to text him directly your RN and in your words about the Tesla call with FREE change to 6 seat with your plaid order.

I appreciate it and don't worry, I'm 100% trustworthy.
- Candace
Candace call this Inside Sales SA.....725-867-6124

Reactions: FLScubaLife
Hi Johnny Mac, is this the number to reach someone who is calling plaid orders for the free upgrade to 6 seats?

We paid the $6,500 back in Oct to switch our plaid 5 to 6 seats for a faster end of 2021 delivery, thanks for clarification before I call :)
Correct but based on you changing it when you did they probably won’t honor the current offer. But you can try. Good luck.

Reactions: FLScubaLife
My order still shows $10K option to add FSD. I doubt it will go up on an existing order that never selected it to begin with. If I didn't add it at the time of order I either don't want it or I'm on the fence and still thinking about it. If the latter, what are the the chances that raising the price to $12K will push me firmly onto the side of not choosing it? Very high. So leaving it at $10K where I might choose to add it provides them with a potential extra 100% margin on $10K since the hardware is already included even when you don't add FSD.

Regarding FSD and insurance on totaled cars.
Since FSD is a software license, if a car with FSD is totaled and THAT owner acquires a replacement regardless of whether they bought it second hand or from Tesla, Tesla should actviate FSD on the replacement for free provided that the totaled car will never again have it even if the title is rebuilt.