Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 1/21 order for a Black 6 seat LR. I have a very nice discount. Will I lose it if I ask for a plaid instead?
The dude that put out that Youtube with the Plaid X got me to thinkin'. Tesla sales guy told me today on the phone that I'd lose my place in line(new orders have an Oct EDD), as well as my discount. He said they frowned on doing a second order for a plaid, but there was nothing stopping me from doing it.

The dude that put out that Youtube with the Plaid X got me to thinkin'. Tesla sales guy told me today on the phone that I'd lose my place in line(new orders have an Oct EDD), as well as my discount. He said they frowned on doing a second order for a plaid, but there was nothing stopping me from doing it.
I see, that is interesting to know. Is there any word on whether doing a second order on a plaid will affect the first order in any way in terms of priority if you dont change the first order?

I also ordered a second plaid order recently, ok to lose $250, if I decide to decline it eventually. I will likely stick with my original "discounted" LR order, whenever it comes, but had a serious discussion with wife in case the Plaid would come in much sooner just in time for my current lease to end in March.

Reactions: UCF3 and DelPhonic1
Why

Thank you so much for your honest reviews. I strongly believe in those you just said. Tesla quality is very bad. Ignoring the fact that I like home charging and I do not have to fill gas tank at gas stations. I do not know why people are targeting you for your reviews but thanks. It is very useful information.
Honest review? 🤣🤣🤣

That’s seems really odd — I would have thought they would love to sell as many plaids as possible in lieu of LR’s….

I'm also in Houston with the exact same configuration ordered on 1/14/21, but I'm sitting on a March 2022 EDD. Someone speculated that early orders got lost in the system, but I didn't think anything of that theory until now... 🙄
Welcome to the club. I just stopped caring and don’t expect the car anymore. I’ve moved on.

Picked up my LRY last weekend - it has been pretty flawless. Compared to my 2017 X, it is much better in terms of fit and finish. Looked inside, under Frunk and cable routing and equipment placement was much better - indicative of significant manufacturing process improvements.

As far as customer service: My experiences have been positive, with mobile service being a huge plus.

So my personal experience with 2 vehicles over 4 years has been pretty positive....

Issues that I see:
- Really bad projections / communications of when a new car is being delivered.
- FSD is a work in progress with too big of a gap between marketing hype and reality - even ghost braking is something that should not be happening now (other cars with adaptive cruise control, do not have as much trouble with it.)
- Automated windshield wipers are not as good as current competitors.
I think the key thing is that tesla has improved manufacturing and quality - but not at Fremont. The old factory is hampered by poor design and I think they haven’t been willing to truly rework it due to the major production hit they’d take.

Let’s all hope they really do move model Y exclusively to giga Texas so they can rework Fremont lines to improve quality. I fully expect the cars coming out of Texas to be better quality than Fremont very quickly.

Reactions: UCF3
Hello All,
I took delivery of MX on 12/30/21 and have driven over 1K miles without the wheel inserts on the 22". I added the wheel inserts this weekend and will drive another 1K miles to see what differences I get in Wh/Mi. For those interested in comparison of appearance I attached some images of before and after. I also attached a screenshot of my Wh/Mi. I'll post again after another 1k miles to see how much more efficient the wheel inserts make the MX.
Are the inserts included? How are they attached? individually?

I have a MXP order from April 2021. Black exterior, white interior. 20". Agreed to change to a six seater at no cost on Jan 12.

My EDD was February for a long time. It changed to March about three weeks ago. Today it says "January 29 - February 19."
that's just because you have Plaid on order. It seems from the last 3 weeks plaids have higher priority of delivery than LRs. Typical Tesla.

Hello All,
I took delivery of MX on 12/30/21 and have driven over 1K miles without the wheel inserts on the 22". I added the wheel inserts this weekend and will drive another 1K miles to see what differences I get in Wh/Mi. For those interested in comparison of appearance I attached some images of before and after. I also attached a screenshot of my Wh/Mi. I'll post again after another 1k miles to see how much more efficient the wheel inserts make the MX.
Looks like you got all season tires. I hope mine comes with all seasons...it looks like the 22s are getting delivered with 3 different tires one of which seems to be the pirellis

Final update and ill probably will come back here once i get the car.

Delayed again till next Monday 1/31. At this point, this process has been a *sugar* show. for some reason i cannot change my delivery location due to the fact my car is in some Delivery Lot in Fremont where no one can access to except a 16 wheel trailer. I also pressed this guy about what else is holding up the delivery, he insist that its just the delivery. i asked him how about the panel gaps he mentioned the day before the reason its being held back - he suddenly switched tone that yes we are going to address that also. I keep pressing him is it the panel gaps the issue or is it the delivery and he wont give me a straight answer.

I also ask what is the process of getting the car change location for delivery, he said and i kid you not - im going to lose my VIN and have to start the process again. I told him im going to keep the delivery date and he also told me that theres no factory pick up - which again i told him i picked up my last car at the factory pick up.

jesus i get these guys are over work, underpaid and probably at this point just getting shove whatever information its given to them - but if we ask a question and they honestly dont know the answer - please just say so we get it. i came from a customer service background so i get it. But dont treat us like bunch of dumb idiots.