Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not surprised, but disappointed. I'll be contacting my SA about this on the 1 year anniversary (same as yours), even though I did convert to a 6 seater for "promised 2021 delivery". I doubt we'll even get any guidance from today's Tesla report beyond "it's hard to manufacture" crap yet somehow there's people here who get deliveries despite their orders being significantly later. Crickets from Tesla except when they want something from you.

I've put an order in with Rivian. If/when Tesla delivers and it's not up to snuff, I'll just walk away and be done with it - 18 months is beyond ridiculous.
How long before you pick up that Rivian?

• Funny
Reactions: focher
Okay... Finally it happened, yesterday I accepted a delivery of 2022 Tesla Model X LR, 6 seats, White/Black, 20", No FSD.
  • 02/21/2021 - Ordered
  • 11/30/2021 - Received a VIN
  • 12/5/2021 - Scheduled delivery
  • 12/5/2021 - Delivery is postponed to TBD due to a failed inspection
  • almost 2 months of waiting and a lot of sugar that car will be ready tomorrow (every day is tomorrow)
  • They gave up on 2021 VIN and gave me a new one 2022 (which is incredibly good news)
  • 1/25/2022 09:00 - Received a new VIN
  • 1/25/2022 12:00 - Scheduled a delivery at 3:00pm
  • 1/25/2022 3:00 - Accepted a delivery
The car is great, well worth the wait. I want the best electric SUV on the market, and Model X is surely is.
However, the steering wheel is a joke terrible. This is probably the thing you need to get used (if it's possible to get used to it).
I came from Mercedes, so the interior is simple, like Honda Civic simple and I had to close my eyes for some scratches and imperfections.

The tech though... is unbeatable!
View attachment 760527
check back with us in 3 weeks and give us an update on your feelings on the yoke.

Woke up to a VIN today for 2022 Model X Plaid Black/White. Received a text asking if I can pick up today. Still had to sell my 2018 Model X P100D and submitted for an appraisal. Was expecting $80k from Tesla and the quote came back at $94900. I am over the moon with that offer. Here's hoping everything goes smoothly with delivery.

Ordered 7/3/21
VIN 7SAXCBE69NF3315XX
Ok everything all set and delivery set up for Monday 1/31 @ 10am. Hoping for a smooth, flawless delivery. 🙏
Going right from Tesla to shop to get full XPEL Stealth wrap and Ceramic Tint!

I've applied to so many jobs at Tesla now but I'm heavily over qualified, I guess. I just want to get hired, have access to a computer, and look at my order... learn why I'm hated, and quit. It's impossible to do.

Someone should volunteer for ”Operation: Trojan Source”, and they look up all of our orders.

I’m located in NJ. Stopped by my local Tesla store today after seeing my Plaid order change to 2/4-2/21. No vin yet, but they said to expect one within 7-10 days. They also said delivery would be 2 weeks from getting the VIN since that’s how long it takes to get the cars out there. They said they have delivered 6-8 refreshed MXs, but all LR and all in 2021. No refreshed deliveries this year so far. Push is on for Plaids right now, they don’t expect to see a lot of LRs coming through. We ordered the Plaid on 6/11/21 (6-seat), with only a “March 2022” date on our pre-refreshed MXLR order (always been a 6-seater).
Which SC was this in NJ? I guess I won't be seeing my LR any time soon lol.

Does any one know if changing delivery centers will push me back in line? Texted the 510 number that I received a message from when I first ordered. Their response was “quite possibly” but it’s probably a SA on the other end so we can’t take their word for it. Haha.

Does any one know if changing delivery centers will push me back in line? Texted the 510 number that I received a message from when I first ordered. Their response was “quite possibly” but it’s probably a SA on the other end so we can’t take their word for it. Haha.
Well, as we have seen throughout this thread, none of us knows anything when it comes to Tesla operations. However, I have to believe that if you are pre-VIN then they can change your deliver center. post-VIN they are probably trying to get batches together to fill out a truck or whatever and changing may push you back into the next truck.

Update (26-Jan):
Received a call to inform that the car was at the store, but no appointment available for another week.
Scheduled to pick up on 2-Feb in Renton, WA.

Car Details:
Plaid, Red/Black, 20", No FSD

Timeline:
Original order (5 seat + FSD): 5-Aug-2021
Removed FSD: Nov-2021
Proactively emailed to change to 6 seat: 12-Jan
Received VIN: 22-Jan

Question:
Entered Trade-in details earlier today; does anyone know how long it takes usually to get an estimate on the trade? Thanks!

If Tesla was smart they could solve a pretty loud PR problem by just delivering to the active users in this forum 😅 Take care of the squeaky wheels perpetuating all the bad PR. (heck, all 400 of us in the spreadsheet)

We have already established from the past 975 pages that Sawyer Merritt, Ryan Shaw, InsideEVs and Teslarati all get their info directly from this thread 🤷‍♂️;)

Well, as we have seen throughout this thread, none of us knows anything when it comes to Tesla operations. However, I have to believe that if you are pre-VIN then they can change your deliver center. post-VIN they are probably trying to get batches together to fill out a truck or whatever and changing may push you back into the next truck.
Yeah that makes sense. Certainly did not get a vin yet. So I think I will change the center. Out of all the socal deliveries, nothing has been delivered to the Buena Park dc. So I’ll be changing to Irvine.

I wouldn’t mess around if you can help it. Knowing Tesla any little disruption in their already terrible non-sensical logistics could be a disaster.