Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Stay the course its not a "crappy vehicle".
No, not a crappy vehicle, but a crappy management of a situation that has failed to deliver on orders since December, upcharged those who submitted orders before the refresh announcement, and continues in silence expecting people to wait without even producing a timeline other than what was originally supposed to be March and April. Some sales advisors have been good about trying to keep us abreast, but given that this is, essentially, an executive's responsibility, they're doing a rather miserable job of keeping clients happy. Musk et al made a mistake in getting rid of the PR department.

Reactions: golferguy
No, not a crappy vehicle, but a crappy management of a situation that has failed to deliver on orders since December, upcharged those who submitted orders before the refresh announcement, and continues in silence expecting people to wait without even producing a timeline other than what was originally supposed to be March and April. Some sales advisors have been good about trying to keep us abreast, but given that this is, essentially, an executive's responsibility, they're doing a rather miserable job of keeping clients happy. Musk et al made a mistake in getting rid of the PR department.
I know I am waiting for my Model X and agree not a lot of other options that offer what these vehicles do.

Reactions: TrevTremaine
Did anyone else receive a welcome email from their service center with next steps? I also received a text message from my SA saying to complete all tasks within 72 hours as they prioritize customers based on who has submitted all of their required items.

FYI - I ordered a Black Model X, 22s, black interior.
I put my order in on 4/16. I finished all the steps except the insurance part before my SA sent his initial email. My order shows June for delivery. Nothing from the service center.

Reactions: bhramabull
Stay the course its not a "crappy vehicle".
With all due respect, a vehicle with 1980s panel gap trouble in 2021 is a crappy vehicle in my book. Not once have I seen a Tesla with straight panel gaps. I can post random pictures, the panels are so maligned that it strikes you like baseball bat even when observed driving on a freeway. A vehicle with plastic dash and door liners is a crappy vehicle. A vehicle that depends on a scam to sell (run credit at time of order, then lapse the pre-approval after 3 months when they know they couldn't deliver in that time) is a crappy vehicle. A vehicle that requires occupants to warm themselves with blankets on cold winter morning is a crappy vehicle. I was willing to concede some of the upper class finishings in a luxury vehicle for more of the 'street charm' of having a MODERN vehicle, but thus far, the experience has been nothing but CRAP. And lastly, treating your customers like crap - NOT a single update as to delivery delays - says everything about where this Musk guy has his head. Everyone thinks this guy is a genius, but in fact, all he did was throw the money he scammed off Zip2 and PayPal at some Chinese guys to deliver cheap batteries. Electric motors have been around for over 120 years- Musk did not invent them. Alas, in my book, my Model X is worse than a crappy vehicle - in fact, it is a CRAPPY NON-EXISTENT vehicle. I cancelled my order just now and wish all of you that you fare better. I, for my part, don't have the time to keep checking a website as to how far behind my order would be - and they didn't even tell me that.

With all due respect, a vehicle with 1980s panel gap trouble in 2021 is a crappy vehicle in my book. Not once have I seen a Tesla with straight panel gaps. I can post random pictures, the panels are so maligned that it strikes you like baseball bat even when observed driving on a freeway. A vehicle with plastic dash and door liners is a crappy vehicle. A vehicle that depends on a scam to sell (run credit at time of order, then lapse the pre-approval after 3 months when they know they couldn't deliver in that time) is a crappy vehicle. A vehicle that requires occupants to warm themselves with blankets on cold winter morning is a crappy vehicle. I was willing to concede some of the upper class finishings in a luxury vehicle for more of the 'street charm' of having a MODERN vehicle, but thus far, the experience has been nothing but CRAP. And lastly, treating your customers like crap - NOT a single update as to delivery delays - says everything about where this Musk guy has his head. Everyone thinks this guy is a genius, but in fact, all he did was throw the money he scammed off Zip2 and PayPal at some Chinese guys to deliver cheap batteries. Electric motors have been around for over 120 years- Musk did not invent them. Alas, in my book, my Model X is worse than a crappy vehicle - in fact, it is a CRAPPY NON-EXISTENT vehicle. I cancelled my order just now and wish all of you that you fare better. I, for my part, don't have the time to keep checking a website as to how far behind my order would be - and they didn't even tell me that.
Did you pre order one this time? Just cancel it and move on. Tesla is too crappy for you.

I've been told 2 different things. Was on the phone with sales rep to finalize the registration of my car and whatnot. Asked about the delay and they indicated with my order date it will likely be late Q1 or early Q2.

Went to the Tesla dealership to test drive the Y (there's a small chance I change my order from my MSM MXLR w/ white interior to a MSM or Blue MYP). Sales rep at the dealership told me to be prepared for August/September delivery. My order was placed April 12.

I've been told 2 different things. Was on the phone with sales rep to finalize the registration of my car and whatnot. Asked about the delay and they indicated with my order date it will likely be late Q1 or early Q2.

Went to the Tesla dealership to test drive the Y (there's a small chance I change my order from my MSM MXLR w/ white interior to a MSM or Blue MYP). Sales rep at the dealership told me to be prepared for August/September delivery. My order was placed April 12.
I just heard "maybe July." I'm close to cancelling. The only reason I was in a hurry to get it was for summer road trips. If it's not going to appear till the middle of summer, that removes the hurry. Given Tesla's history of launch issues which are fixed in later builds, cancelling then ordering again in the fall after any post launch bugfixes seems like the better move.

Sorry to see you are getting a lot of negative comments at you. While I disagree with the cold weather blankets comment, that is not unique to Tesla or EV's. I lived in northern climates and having to wait 5 minutes for ICE cars to warm up is normal when its 20F or below overnight. And the scamming by Musk is not called for. Keep the message on S and X, please. Musk has done much good for the world but could use Customer Service and PR help.

But as an owner already, I am also disappointed at the whole experience with refreshed S and X. Local stores blame Tesla Corporate, they actually don't take ownership of the problem, because they can't. Our other vehicle is a Lexus which would be an X if they ever ship soon. At Lexus, I said to the SA, you look familiar and he said he was recently at Tesla. I asked why change to Lexus? He said he just got tired of disappointed customers as he was powerless to do things.

Imagine if Lexus ever came out with an EV. Lexus showed that customers will pay for quality and service, 30 years ago, They could change the game

Sorry to see you are getting a lot of negative comments at you. While I disagree with the cold weather blankets comment, that is not unique to Tesla or EV's. I lived in northern climates and having to wait 5 minutes for ICE cars to warm up is normal when its 20F or below overnight. And the scamming by Musk is not called for. Keep the message on S and X, please. Musk has done much good for the world but could use Customer Service and PR help.

But as an owner already, I am also disappointed at the whole experience with refreshed S and X. Local stores blame Tesla Corporate, they actually don't take ownership of the problem, because they can't. Our other vehicle is a Lexus which would be an X if they ever ship soon. At Lexus, I said to the SA, you look familiar and he said he was recently at Tesla. I asked why change to Lexus? He said he just got tired of disappointed customers as he was powerless to do things.

Imagine if Lexus ever came out with an EV. Lexus showed that customers will pay for quality and service, 30 years ago, They could change the game
It’s a bit hard to imagine, given that Toyota is basically dead last in EV development/marketing when compared to any other car brand.

Customers, for the most part, keep putting up with the delays, etc. because Tesla is so far ahead on the tech, charging, etc.

The recent Toyota renderings for their ev lineup is terrible. For now, I'll deal with Tesla's delays and oddball feature release schedules to have the current EV standard
It’s a bit hard to imagine, given that Toyota is basically dead last in EV development/marketing when compared to any other car brand.

Customers, for the most part, keep putting up with the delays, etc. because Tesla is so far ahead on the tech, charging, etc.

Reactions: Breischaft

So you’re going to go from one of the most technologically advanced cars to one of the least? I don’t think anyone has a worse infotainment system, particularly considering the price, than Lexus.

I'm hoping we get some information about the delay during the earnings conference call this week, but I also wouldn't be surprised if we don't.

As we are all aware, the Model S and X are now relatively insignificant to the present and future of Tesla earnings. They are the flagship vehicles, but merely an afterthought in terms of sales.

It isn't important enough for an analyst to ask during the Q&A, so it would be nice if Elon addressed it during his opening remarks (in case you are reading this thread EM!).

Wow. Why on earth would you have EVER ordered such a “crappy vehicle”? I am sure most of here would love to here that! If it had the feelings you are exhibiting I would have never clicked “order”. Just odd.....