Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My reservation says August, what does that mean?

Disclaimer: I have no special insight.

That said, the Tesla person who was speaking optimistically about the S ramp and potential X ramp said X deliveries would start in September. So what I view as moving in the right direction (September beats January) you might view as moving in the wrong direction (not August).

Disclaimer: I have no special insight.

That said, the Tesla person who was speaking optimistically about the S ramp and potential X ramp said X deliveries would start in September. So what I view as moving in the right direction (September beats January) you might view as moving in the wrong direction (not August).
That makes sense. After waiting almost a year, another month is nothing. I wouldn’t mind waiting at all, if Tesla would just keep the community updated.

I placed my order online and got a text follow-up from a CA number. No idea what the person’s job title is. When we texted again today she said:

The new Model X's will start being delivered in September. When you ordered, I believe the website said January-February. Model S production has really ramped up recently which is a good sign for the upcoming Model X production.​
I can’t say whether this person has any special insight, but it’s better than nothing. :)
I think you should give that information as much weight as a homeless person pushing a grocery basket on the street yelling out dates. Delivery Advisors and Service Advisors are notorious for either not knowing anything or saying inaccurate things - without attributing any bad intentions.

Has anyone else received a text like this recently? I just got it today and have received similar texts in the past but nothing that referenced my upcoming Model X delivery.

Attachments

• F9540FB1-59C1-4465-8D5F-F4E69C3D9A16.jpeg
    F9540FB1-59C1-4465-8D5F-F4E69C3D9A16.jpeg
    409.1 KB · Views: 99
Reactions: TallBill
Well WOW here is something interesting that happend on my account today!
The EDD line which as been at October for a few months has disappeared, replaced by a very bold PREPARE FOR DELIVERY!
It also said my trade- in quote has expired and asked me to enter the current mileage of my GLS450. Then said we will contact you with delivery instructions.
Mine is Red Cream FSD standard wheels 5 seats

The EDD line which as been at October for a few months has disappeared, replaced by a very bold PREPARE FOR DELIVERY!
It also said my trade- in quote has expired and asked me to enter the current mileage of my GLS450. Then said we will contact you with delivery instructions.
Do you have an assigned VIN?

Show a screenshot, I highly doubt it..