Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, now there are 143 brand new M3 SR RWD available for purchase in inventory. This after a large number of Plaid MS in inventory available for purchase. I do not know if this ties into MX deliveries, but somehow hundreds of cars are showing up in Tesla inventory.

This whole Tesla thing is a joke. I cancelled my Model X order back in April when it was apparent this is nothing but a scam. If you fancy yourself a car company - DELIVER THE EFFING CAR.
I drive a Taycan now - and boy, is that an amazing ride. I have an EQS on order - and both are actually nice inside and luxurious. Tesla is yesterday - As long as Musk is more focused on daydreaming and going to Mars than delivering vehicles, nothing will change. And all those morons funding this guy by pumping money in Tesla stock will have a rude awakening. Musk did not invent anything - electric motors and lithium batteries have been around for decades and centuries. To pack it into a vehicle with software brains is a short throw away from what was pre-existing, and Musk had his few years in the spotlight. Now, shoot the guy to Mars and move on with vehicles that actually exist and are built to the standards we have become accustomed to.
Imagine cancelling the order for a TayCan’t back in April, switching to Tesla and enjoying it thoroughly. Would you even remember to go back to the Porche Motors Club forum to rant?? You’re closely monitoring the discussions here because deep down you know; you know. Only a matter of time before we have you back!

Imagine cancelling the order for a TayCan’t back in April, switching to Tesla and enjoying it thoroughly. Would you even remember to go back to the Porche Motors Club forum to rant?? You’re closely monitoring the discussions here because deep down you know; you know. Only a matter of time before we have you back!
Yeah, I subscribed to Porsche Drive for a few months to scratch the Porsche itch. The 992 911 is one beast of a car and honestly one the finest gas cars I've ever driven. Everything from the feel of the switches and door handles to the exhaust note to the precision by which everything is tuned is by my opinion, as near perfect as it gets.

Unfortunately, though, I'd still choose my MX over the Taycan simply because of the charging network, the Autopilot (Porsche innodrive w/ALK is rubbish in comparison), the space and the price. Maybe one day my garage will be graced by a 911 and an MX Plaid :D

Reactions: DIL
Yeah, I subscribed to Porsche Drive for a few months to scratch the Porsche itch. The 992 911 is one beast of a car and honestly one the finest gas cars I've ever driven. Everything from the feel of the switches and door handles to the exhaust note to the precision by which everything is tuned is by my opinion, as near perfect as it gets.

Unfortunately, though, I'd still choose my MX over the Taycan simply because of the charging network, the Autopilot (Porsche innodrive w/ALK is rubbish in comparison), the space and the price. Maybe one day my garage will be graced by a 911 and an MX Plaid :D
The day Porsche announces an electric 911 Cabrio, they have my money. And my wife's. And my kids' college funds.

hello from China.
Ordered model X LR in January with the EDD in Q3 of 2020, after which it bumps to Q4.
Now my EDD shows Q1 of 2022. And guess what, new orders show the same delivery time for now.
So like Im gonna have to wait for one whole year to get my car while other guys get theirs withe me at the same time??? even I oredered 6 months ahead of them??

hello from China.
Ordered model X LR in January with the EDD in Q3 of 2020, after which it bumps to Q4.
Now my EDD shows Q1 of 2022. And guess what, new orders show the same delivery time for now.
So like Im gonna have to wait for one whole year to get my car while other guys get theirs withe me at the same time??? even I ordered 6 months ahead of them??
Yes. As long as Tesla manufactures any model - in this case the X - only at Fremont then they will prioritize deliveries to buyers who are in proximity. In fact, the language Tesla uses is in your order confirmation page:
Delivery time frame is based on order date, profile submission, delivery location and vehicle configuration.

The primary reason is for financial accounting. If Tesla sticks a Model X on a ship to send to China, that's going to take weeks to arrive. Then it has to clear customs, transported close to the buyer, then delivered. That long delay versus delivering it to someone that can come to Fremont and pick the car up means Tesla cannot book the sale.

The way Tesla ultimately handles this is that they ship any non-US deliveries early in the quarter so they arrive and can be delivered before quarter end. Then those close to the factory are delivered towards the end of the quarter.

In the case of the X right now, no one outside the US is going to see the X any time soon. But if it makes you feel better, that's probably also true for US buyers.

How was the Porsche Drive subscription experience? You were able to cancel after a few months?

Congratulations! You are now ruined for life! There isn’t any other car that drives like a 911. You will be buying one within 12 months

Reactions: VLTWGGN
Tesla is not even a tech company. It's a company that uses technology to convert energy in cars for mobility, in powerwalls for use at home and in Teslabots for routine, daily chores. It aims to do this thru finely crafted software, apps that are at this moment 10X better than its competitors. Anyone that uses Autopilot can see the jumps in capability even in the last 2 years. Powerwall is out of this world for making solar power into something that is useable at all times of the day. Teslabot I have no doubt will be amazing. I will buy it if I can to keep supporting this amazing, incredible company and the quirky, unusual and brilliant human behind it -- Elon Dogecoin Musk -- that is single handedly moving the human race forward. Amen.

Tesla is not even a tech company. It's a company that uses technology to convert energy in cars for mobility, in powerwalls for use at home…
Trueish. One could argue about the tech company.
…and in Teslabots for routine, daily chores….
Many of us think it is very unlikely this gets done.
…It aims to do this thru finely crafted software, apps that are at this moment 10X better than its competitors…
I think the mobile apps are world class, but the other vendors apps would have to be pretty poor for Tesla to lead by a magnitude. Not all Tesla software meet this bar. Tesla BMS? Also world class. USB music functionality? A magnitude worse that open source code from ten years ago. Tesla code for estimating delivery dates? Also not finely crafted.
…Anyone that uses Autopilot can see the jumps in capability even in the last 2 years…
No.

Last edited:
Does anyone have an opinion on whether or not Tesla will eventually allow the vehicles to function as a back up battery source? My guess is, probably not, as it would cannibalize their Powerwall business. Just wondering if anyone else has heard anything on this or has an opinion?
Cybertruck will allow a primitive version, since it will likely allow 240v high amperage out. You’d still need a transfer switch to disconnect your house from the grid.

Will Tesla adopt a standard vehicle to grid model? Will they release a charging connector that connects to their meter collar? They’ve said no, that cars are bad batteries, but I think that eventually happens.

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
Does anyone have an opinion on whether or not Tesla will eventually allow the vehicles to function as a back up battery source? My guess is, probably not, as it would cannibalize their Powerwall business. Just wondering if anyone else has heard anything on this or has an opinion?

I think the problem is less about cannibalization and more about battery lifetime. If the car is down 20% on original rated mileage because you've been using it heavily for V2G, I don't think Tesla wants to replace it under warranty.

If there's a larger switch to LFP or the "million mile battery" otherwise comes to be, maybe there's a greater chance of seeing V2G.

Congratulations! You are now ruined for life! There isn’t any other car that drives like a 911. You will be buying one within 12 months
Funny, every time I try a 911 (and I've now driven one trim or another of every generation but the 930, 993, and 992) I think this is awesome...but no thanks. I keep giving that car a chance because I want to love it, but I don't.

The Boxster/Cayman, on the other hand, is a happy place. A friend's 991GT3 didn't even light the fire. Awesome car, but his GT4 was better imo, loved that thing to death. Hopefully he doesn't read the tesla forums because I'm indebted to him for the test drives lol

• Funny
Reactions: lauraut
Tesla is not even a tech company. It's a company that uses technology to convert energy in cars for mobility, in powerwalls for use at home and in Teslabots for routine, daily chores. It aims to do this thru finely crafted software, apps that are at this moment 10X better than its competitors. Anyone that uses Autopilot can see the jumps in capability even in the last 2 years. Powerwall is out of this world for making solar power into something that is useable at all times of the day. Teslabot I have no doubt will be amazing. I will buy it if I can to keep supporting this amazing, incredible company and the quirky, unusual and brilliant human behind it -- Elon Dogecoin Musk -- that is single handedly moving the human race forward. Amen.
lol anywhere else this would be satire

After ordering my X, my husband had to one-up me and ordered a '22 Porsche 911 GT3 Touring. The Model X will beat it off the line, but the GT3 will win over time. The real race is to see which car arrives in the driveway first.