Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Appre
He meant when you log into your Tesla account, you have the option to “Manage” your reservation which when you click the word “Manage,” takes you to your reservation page.

Then once you are viewing the reservation page, you can view the source code for the page by pressing the “Ctrl” key on your keyboard at the same time you press the “U” key on your keyboard.
Appreciate the clarification though it doesn’t work for me. Maybe bc I’m using a Mac as opposed to a PC?

Reactions: KidsEyeDr
Oh hey man the thing you're hearing when backing up is the pedestrian awareness system required by the government for all new vehicles sold. It emits a whirring sound when you're in reverse from an externally mounted speaker. So there should be nothing wrong with yours. :)
Oh man. I forgot they added those. Mine will have an unfortunate accident with a rock soon after I take delivery.

Finally…getting excited, but now trying to figure out whether to lease or finance my MX 5 seat. Every brand has its quirks about one being a better financial deal, or maintenance proposition long-term. I’m wondering if there is any common wisdom about Tesla?

Curious to hear what your number crunching (or previous experience) has you thinking about lease vs. finance?

Do Tesla owners face any long-term maintenance issues since there are fewer moving parts?

Is obsolescence an issue since Tesla pushes regular software updates?

Thanks for anyone’s insight on this one.

Reactions: KidsEyeDr
Finally…getting excited, but now trying to figure out whether to lease or finance my MX 5 seat. Every brand has its quirks about one being a better financial deal, or maintenance proposition long-term. I’m wondering if there is any common wisdom about Tesla?

Curious to hear what your number crunching (or previous experience) has you thinking about lease vs. finance?

Do Tesla owners face any long-term maintenance issues since there are fewer moving parts?

Is obsolescence an issue since Tesla pushes regular software updates?

Thanks for anyone’s insight on this one.
Leasing only makes sense if you are only keeping the car for a very short period of time to account for that sudden decrease in value the moment you drive a new car off the lot. Especially if you plan on keeping it for the term of a finance you can sell the car and actually make some money back where with a lease you are left with nothing but an experience.

Also if maintenance is a concern even if you go with a 5-year finance option you are covered for 4 years of which on the standard warranty and 8 years on the drive unit + battery

• Informative
Reactions: DIL and Empty tank
@sunnyvaletree can you confirm whether the front door is automatically opened when you approaching closer or you need to press the handle? I watched the tutorial, and it looked like the lady had to press it to open the door.

Automatic Doors​

Front doors automatically open as you approach with your phone. Easily close the driver’s door with a tap of the brake pedal, and control the Falcon Wing Doors, front trunk and rear liftgate from the center display or your Tesla Mobile App.

The X front doors open automatically and close by pressing the brake pedal upon entering.

Reactions: Elixir
What is it on a Mac?
What's a Mac?
Mac as in Apple MacOS.
Macs in general are so confusing. Secondary functions could be Command, Control, Option, Alt, Shift or Fn. Which changes based on the application you are using. Other operating systems default to Control for a secondary function on all applications.

• Funny
Reactions: c_v_h and ammulder

Automatic Doors​

Front doors automatically open as you approach with your phone. Easily close the driver’s door with a tap of the brake pedal, and control the Falcon Wing Doors, front trunk and rear liftgate from the center display or your Tesla Mobile App.

The X front doors open automatically and close by pressing the brake pedal upon entering.
Including the passenger?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Mine is a Plaid midnight silver, 6 seat, 20" wheels, cream / carbon fiber configuration. Ordered on January 27th, 2021. I've done factory delivery on all of my previous Teslas because I loved doing the factory tour, picking up my car, and then taking it for the long drive home back to LA. Although they have said they haven't started the tours again, I still wanted to pick it up at the factory and do the drive home.
Awesome. Would love some news that the Plaid got past the regulatory hurdle!

While waiting on my new X…. I test drove the Audi Etron. It’s a beautiful car, luxury, nice touches. The poor sales guy was pointing out features that my 2019 X has better, rear camera, satellite gps view. We then drove the car, I got on 95 and the guy says punch it so you can “feel” the power! I looked at him and grinned, I was punching it, the poor Audi is no match VS. my X for driving enjoyment.
I really wanted to buy the Audi as it’s more luxurious and a quiet ride. The terrible range and lack of power was the deal breaker for me.

Now I have a Tesla race waiting to see what comes in first, my LR S or my X, hoping it’s the X, not sure if I want to go back to opening doors the old way again.
I have an e-tron, beautiful but a POS. I had a bad battery pack and numerous hardware and software bugs. The software is pathetic. Tells me I need an oil change and all updates require a visit to the dealer. Avoid the e-tron. To top it off the range is pathetic. Replacing with an X ASAP.

Including the passenger?
On our 2020 it’s only the driver door that opens on approach but when you push the break it will close BOTH driver and passenger. The touchscreen also has a button you can push to close any door or all at once.

I turned off the open on approach because I park in the garage and I would have to close the door every time I walked by. What’s really neat is that it senses the cars parked next to it so it won’t hit them in tighter spots. If I could turn off that function at home I would use it.

Anybody else have a change to the estimated delivery date? Early Feb MSM, Cream, 6-seat, non- upgraded wheels, and no FSD (I like FSD but I’m not happy the 2020 X doesn’t work well since the wreck even though it works perfect before. Tesla and the certified repair shop say it’s “in spec” and the other issues are “software bugs”. I’m out the FSD on the 2020 and don't want pay it again…).