Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I feel like I have survivors guilt... Im still TBD but do have a vin. Waiting until after the 10th (the rumored delivery date of the cars at Schaumburg) to call for an update. Sorry to hear all of you still waiting.. I'll admit the wait has sure sucked the excitement out of this whole thing for me... Hoping the car lives up to the hype I used to have
I'm in the same boat... Have been told twice by two different CS reps that my car is to be in Schaumburg on the 10th. I'll believe it when I get the text message to schedule delivery, but I'm hoping beyond hope that it's correct!

I bet he made a change… color, tires…. So the date changed. He’s still screwed being pushed back in line. 🤦🏼‍♂️
It's fake. This dude... Come on! First, his RN# is the same first 5 digits. NO WAY that'd be the case for an order almost a year apart. Secondly, look at the price for an order placed in 2020. It had a price increase back then? I call bs.

Edit: Not that it matters. But looking at it again, maybe i'm misreading this RN... but that still doesn't explain his pricing.

A Nema 14-50 outlet will not push 40A charging with the current GEN 2 mobile chargers that have been shipping with vehicles for about 4 years. It is limited to 32A by the mobile charger. 48A is 50% more, that is significant on a 100KW battery charging.
You can use the corded mobile connector to get up to 40A charging speeds, I use this at my weekend home and at my in-laws as it was cheaper to install 14-50 outlets at multiple locations. It is quite often out of stock.

But his RN is 114196984 which assigned late 2020. Weird, did Tesla changed the order date to 2021?
Our Model X that was ordered in December 2020 had a February date since we accepted the change after the refresh was announced. Our Model S that was ordered in January 2021 shows a June order date because we changed the wheels. Both are locked in at the end of January prices.

Reactions: JBTMX
Trying to look at this glass half full...

I think it is good news we all got bumped to February.

They only pushed us one month, production has started "ramping" and deliveries have started. We're all so overtaken by an EDD delay of 1 month that we are not really taking into consideration that for all intents and purposes they could have made it say July. Only pushing by one month says they are close to production at scale but just need to iron out one more tweak.

Yes, I know EDDs mean nothing. But some positive encouragement nonetheless! 😄

Trying to look at this glass half full...

I think it is good news we all got bumped to February.

They only pushed us one month, production has started "ramping" and deliveries have started. We're all so overtaken by an EDD delay of 1 month that we are not really taking into consideration that for all intents and purposes they could have made it say July. Only pushing by one month says they are close to production at scale but just need to iron out one more tweak.

Yes, I know EDDs mean nothing. But some positive encouragement nonetheless! 😄
haha how wonderful it must be to think this! You know that Feb is just another place holder and for anyone who ordered after 01/21 will almost definitely get pushed back many more months especially if not a 6 seater order.

I had a VIN that was yanked and was told I was on “priority” list….mine says February. I just don’t see a pattern that really helps give info we all want.
I wonder if it’s the same type of “priority” list my engineers put on client issues. Where everything is a priority and thus makes nothing a priority 😂

But EDD does mean something. It means you ordered a vehicle and it'll be here sometime in the future.
Well… even that technically hasn’t been proven yet 😂. It’s honestly crossed my mind that they’ll scrap the whole model in the middle of all this and try to get everyone into a Y or Cybertruck or some other version of the X. Anything is possible at this point.

It's fake. This dude... Come on! First, his RN# is the same first 5 digits. NO WAY that'd be the case for an order almost a year apart. Secondly, look at the price for an order placed in 2020. It had a price increase back then? I call bs.

Edit: Not that it matters. But looking at it again, maybe i'm misreading this RN... but that still doesn't explain his pricing.
Plus they didn’t have Plaid to order back in Oct 2020, right??

If we are all in this together for another 2-6 months, we may have to come up with some fresh stuff to talk about. Drone videos and subsequent speculation about said videos are great, but can only help so much in passing the time. I know, I know - go on walks, hug spouse and kids, volunteer, read, invent something, organize the basement. I hear you. But, you are all part of my extended family at this point, and I certainly don’t want to neglect my family.

Feel free to toss out some ideas.

Here‘s one: Your Favorite ICE Driving Experience. It can be a one-time experience or a car you owned. For me, two come to mind:

1. A 1980-something black convertible Corvette. It was my dad’s and I had the occasion to take it out. Incredible engine sounds.
  2. Dodge Challenger. Yes, you read that right. A Tesla die hard who previously owned a Chally. I actually had a reservation on the MS literally before the car was released. I got cold feet, cancelled and bought the Challenger. It was a great value and a lot of fun. I then came back to my senses, sold it and re-reserved a MS. By the way, they put me back to the front of the line because I agreed to the highest trim level… But, I digress, we are talking about anything but Tesla’s here!
I owned a Magnum Hemi before. Yes so fun, it fit perfectly other than a gas hog, and was surprisingly very reliable.

Reactions: jbrowdy
Hello there. First time posting here ever.........

I have my Model X Plaid 6 Seater Black with White interior and 22" wheels on order since October 12, 2020 !!!!!!!!!!
Am just so very tires of how long I have been waiting and am running out of steam at this point.......
I am a fan as I also have the Model Y Long Range but have no confidence any longer and this is because of the lack of communication from Tesla. I wish they would treat the loyal customers like we deserve.

View attachment 742424

Hello there. First time posting here ever.........

I have my Model X Plaid 6 Seater Black with White interior and 22" wheels on order since October 12, 2020 !!!!!!!!!!
Am just so very tires of how long I have been waiting and am running out of steam at this point.......
I am a fan as I also have the Model Y Long Range but have no confidence any longer and this is because of the lack of communication from Tesla. I wish they would treat the loyal customers like we deserve.

View attachment 742424
YOUR ORDER is dated 10/12/2021 ???????? Your statement that you ordered in 2020? You better look at date on the order attachment you posted here...😲