Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a neighbor working at the Fremont production line who I didn't like much for some reason. He lives in one of the apartment units down the road. This is the 2nd time I saw him years living here, I happened to see him smoking nearby so I talked to him to see if I can find out more information. I didn't want to do it but I'm so tired of waiting. He told me that they are not making any 5 seats so far. Only 6 seats are made right now. All the plaid x are going to be 6 seats only. I asked him if they are going to produce more than 5 seats soon. He couldn't confirm that. He told me pretty much he does not see any 5 seats in the factory but they do plan to ramp up the production. I also asked him why is the quality so bad, he laughed. he told me that a lot of people get injured at the factory. I'm not sure how getting injured is related to the quality of the car, but I'm guessing he is being sarcastic about the tesla factory.
Anytime there is personnel shortage due to covid and/or injuries, it can 100% affect quality. It does for every single manufacturing client we have.

Why? BMW did not give me free gas for life or oil changes on a 9-month delay getting a 6 series.
I ordered dominos pizza yesterday and found myself checking that tracker they have same as I’ve been checking my Tesla app and this chat room! 🤣 an hour wait turned into a 3hr wait for my pizza …. And I didn’t get it Free either 😂.
Everything is behind these days !

Do you need everything completed to get a Vin? We haven't said yes or no to the trade in section. So that's only thing we don't have complete.
I’d recommend completing it. Say you’re paying cash and when you get your VIN, contact Tesla to change it if needed. It’s what I’ve done and many others are doing just so it’s complete.

I have a Plaid 5 seater on order. I reached out to [email protected] and they are upgrading me to 6 seat for free. So 5 and 7 seat plaid orders can also email them.

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out.

We will not be making the Plaid Model X in a 5 or 7 seat option. You are invited to upgrade to a 6 seat option and by doing so we’ll offer a $6,500 price adjustment (which affectively is no change in price based on what you have on order.)

Do you want to change to the 6 seat option?

I have a Plaid 5 seater on order. I reached out to [email protected] and they are upgrading me to 6 seat for free. So 5 and 7 seat plaid orders can also email them.

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out.

We will not be making the Plaid Model X in a 5 or 7 seat option. You are invited to upgrade to a 6 seat option and by doing so we’ll offer a $6,500 price adjustment (which affectively is no change in price based on what you have on order.)

Do you want to change to the 6 seat option?
This is gonna cause controversy with those of us who were told to upgrade to 6 seat in order to take delivery sooner… like me.. so they talked me into paying the upgrade cost then made the upgrade free. I’ll be fighting this one if it’s true that people are being upgraded for free but I don’t believe it till I see someone with the credit

I ordered dominos pizza yesterday and found myself checking that tracker they have same as I’ve been checking my Tesla app and this chat room! 🤣 an hour wait turned into a 3hr wait for my pizza …. And I didn’t get it Free either 😂.
Everything is behind these days !
Even if they had delivered something, it was Dominos so there was never any possibility it was gonna qualify as a pizza.

This is gonna cause controversy with those of us who were told to upgrade to 6 seat in order to take delivery sooner… like me.. so they talked me into paying the upgrade cost then made the upgrade free. I’ll be fighting this one if it’s true that people are being upgraded for free but I don’t believe it till I see someone with the credit
It’s definitely true

Reactions: zapparino