Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now if that is the case, and I think it is, they should have told us. They should say we will not be able to make the 5/7 seat configuration until X month.

If my order was not at the lower pre-refresh price I’d cancel my order tomorrow. But since it is I might as well hang on and get the car delivered whenever that might be. I’ll either keep it or sell it for a profit. Just really really frustrated with Tesla at this point.

Now that it’s clear the model X plaid is the primary car being built, I might as well get on the list for Rivian R1S. We’ll see which one arrives first. Either way by that point Tesla will have opened up the supercharging network.
yeah maybe that Riven might have the speed you're looking for that the base Model X lacks :)

Got the call from Giovanni today about my Plaid 7 seaters. He went through how they are simplifying production on the Plaid so it’s only going to be offered in 6 seats. He said he can move me to a six seaters and get 3k adjustment going from 7 to 6 seats “upgrade” and as an inconvenience credit (aka the free upgrade to 6 seats). I declined and the only option I have is to change to the LR model with current pricing. I am very disappointed with them.

Last edited:
I wonder if I'll get a call soon? I also ordered a 5 seater Plaid in Nov 2021 and have an August ETA. Did they say what the new ETA is now?
He told me to expect an updated ETA in a month. Not sure why it would take a month to update ETA unless they just do it only on a monthly basis, as online my order reflects the Six Seat option already. ETA still shows August and my current 2017 Model S has just over 150k miles and I need something newer. Still drives as nice at 150k as it did at 100. Autopilot is upgraded to HW3.0 so probably 115x better than when I got it though i did not ever get the FSD I paid for out of it. Looking to pick up a performance Y in the meantime if my order ends up getting pushed into 2023. Going to be insanely annoyed if this gets delayed after being required to change from 5 to 6 seater though

Reactions: Beacher#8
1) The car goes to sleep in order to save the battery. When it goes to sleep, it does not have a persistent connection to the Tesla service. The car will periodically check in with Tesla to see if it is needed for anything. When you open the app and the car is asleep, it tells Tesla to wake the car up next time it checks in. At that point the delay is where the car is in its sleep cycle. If you go up to the car then bluetooth from your phone will tell it to wake up immediately.

2) This has been an issue since Day 1. Tesla simply doesn't store where you were when it powers down. You would think it would be an easy software fix but after 9 years?
I also recall a setting that tells the car to always remain connected. I assume you have that set?

Reactions: John in LB
Personally, I like my passengers to suffer and not feel so comfortable they start doing wild things like taking their shoes off, trying to change the music, or engage me in small talk.
The only thing I hate more than a passenger who spends the entire trip on their phone is the one who utters even a single word to me

I’m starting to see things… even at my keyboard… this is the closest I’ve been to a Model X refresh experience even after almost a year 😂.
Can you see the dash? 🤪

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    504.6 KB · Views: 90
So after drive home from Pittsburgh my initial impressions are - it’s amazing - I have a 2020 x basically the exact same except 7 seater and black interior. This new one fit and finish is so much more premium feeling. The doors close better the drive is smoother. Won’t bore you with it all but to wait as long as we all have and (some still are) getting the vehicle I am so happy I am not disappointed. Tesla definitely has a lot of customer service and communication issues to work out, but product…. Absolutely getting better with each of there vehicles

Personally, I like my passengers to suffer and not feel so comfortable they start doing wild things like taking their shoes off, trying to change the music, or engage me in small talk.
The only thing I hate more than a passenger who spends the entire trip on their phone is the one who utters even a single word to me

This guy knows how to seat six.