Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My EDD changed today from April 2022 to 1/24 - 2/12 so hypothetically I have 2 days to get finances in order for the car lol wth
Can everybody please remember to list what they ordered and their order date when they post an update. Not trying to get on this poster in particular but posts like this don’t do anybody any good.

Please List on all order updates:

LR or Plaid
Order Date
Configuration
Vin # If you got one

Thanks Everybody

Just picked up my MSM Plaid X at the factory delivery center. Although I could tell that the car must have been in the outdoor storage lot awaiting parts (by the not-so-clean exterior), it seems to have no missing parts (floor mats, trunk covers, etc). I spent a few minutes looking everything over. Falcon wing door alignment and operation seem good, interior fit and finish are good and except for the exterior dirt, everything seems acceptable. I'll be driving it back home to Los Angeles tomorrow so I guess I'll find any issues on my drive. Maybe I just can't find it in the menus, but is creep no longer an option? I hate having to press the accelerator when reversing. It's much safe to have creep enabled. I've attached a few pictures of my pickup experience.View attachment 758602View attachment 758603View attachment 758604View attachment 758605View attachment 758606View attachment 758607
congrats
Just picked up my MSM Plaid X at the factory delivery center. Although I could tell that the car must have been in the outdoor storage lot awaiting parts (by the not-so-clean exterior), it seems to have no missing parts (floor mats, trunk covers, etc). I spent a few minutes looking everything over. Falcon wing door alignment and operation seem good, interior fit and finish are good and except for the exterior dirt, everything seems acceptable. I'll be driving it back home to Los Angeles tomorrow so I guess I'll find any issues on my drive. Maybe I just can't find it in the menus, but is creep no longer an option? I hate having to press the accelerator when reversing. It's much safe to have creep enabled. I've attached a few pictures of my pickup experience.View attachment 758602View attachment 758603View attachment 758604View attachment 758605View attachment 758606View attachment 758607
congrats
is the interior cream or white? i am just not decided which one would be better

I left this forum for like a week+ somebody just let me know has anything changed? 😂 I quit going crazy over my X (haha get it?) anyways cause its pointless. Imma just live my life til whenever it decides to arrive
Soon enough, the world will be confused as Model X owners start talking…

“It’s a bit embarrassing, but I’ve never loved another person like I love my X. I waited so long for my X. I never want to lose my X or be without my X again.”

—> “Waited so long for your ex? Huh? Why’s s/he your ex if you love your ex so much & want to be with your ex?!”

“Huh right back to you! That’s the whole reason I keep my X. I’ll never get rid of my X. At least not until I have another X. My X is so perfect.”

Etc. descriptions could get risqué…. 😝

Last edited:
My EDD changed today from April 2022 to 1/24 - 2/12 so hypothetically I have 2 days to get finances in order for the car lol wth
Wouldn't fret about this... my car has gone from "today + 3 days" for the last 4 days without actual delivery date. Waiting to do my financing until have a for real time set. Today say Jan 22-26. See sig below for details.

Last edited:
Can everybody please remember to list what they ordered and their order date when they post an update. Not trying to get on this poster in particular but posts like this don’t do anybody any good.

Please List on all order updates:

LR or Plaid
Order Date
Configuration
Vin # If you got one

Thanks Everybody
Lol chill out. To be more helpful -
Plaid
Ordered 10/2021
Blk/blk/22/no fsd / 5 seat convert to free 6 seat
No vin, socal.

Trust me I know the differences lol, had this discussion ad-nauseam before ordering…. She refuses to ever drive a Tesla in Regen so having creep mode as an option was the deciding factor in me ordering the X…. Now I don’t even know what to do…. I’m really starting to hate this company, this is my first Tesla
But... those are two completely different settings. Are you saying that the concession for missing "regen off" setting was that at least it would have creep on?

Also, this is your first Tesla. I don't know of anyone taking more than ~two days to get used to the regen\stopping mode settings... I did use to prefer creep mode, but it hasn't been an issue with "hold" mode once they added obstacle aware acceleration. Don't tell her and I bet she won't notice.

Wouldn't fret about this... my car has gone from "today + 3 days" for the last 4 days without actual delivery date. Waiting to do my financing until have a for real time set. Today say Jan 22-26. See sig below for details.
You are smart. Through this year long ordeal, I was at least smart enough to not apply for financing. When my three week window appeared, I went ahead and applied for it. I really hope I was not premature! With all these people now ordering plaids on top of their LR's, who knows what can happen!

Good morning. I am still stuck at March 2022 so I thought I'd create something to help some recent VINners. Here's an average time from VIN to delivery by delivery location.

1642868790580.png

Of course, you will see the issues with bad data ... Bay Area, San Jose, San Francisco currently split out. Nevertheless, something to kill my time waiting for some movement on deliveries. More importantly, something to keep me off the deposit for Plaid :)

This and more to geek out on here (page through multiple views).

I just realized that I likely won't get my vin before page 1,000...
Damn... That's pretty heavy.
I made this joke sarcastically back on page 500.
Quoting page numbers is probably akin to curses, so that translated to 1000 curses upon you!

Perhaps each post you write takes 1 away. It'll be interesting to hear what you've got to say...

🤪

MX LR White/Cream 5 seater, Southeast US, Ordered 11/30/2020, turned down offer to change to 6 seater, Delivery Date just changed from March to TBD.

I honestly don't ever expect to get this car. It's been 418 days, I've gotten divorced and moved to a different state, and I'm not sure it even makes sense anymore. But mostly, I expect to hear that they aren't making the MX LR in 5 seat configuration anymore and the other seat configurations don't work for me.

I log onto Tesla.com every day to check the delivery date, knowing it means nothing, and every day I resist the urge to order a Model 3, just to get a Tesla. I can do that and keep my 2015 BMW X5 with 125k miles on it to haul the dogs around in. The only thing stopping me from putting down $250 and ordering the M3 is the chance that it comes quickly and I haven't fully given up on the MX yet.

June '21 order here as well.. got pushed out to March this morning.. :oops:

Woke up to this... Getting ready

Ordered JUNE '21
Model X Plaid
Solid Black
22'' Turbine Wheels
All Black Premium Interior with Carbon Fiber Décor
Six Seat Interior
Yoke Steering Wheel
Autopilot
Full Self-Driving Capability
Pay-as-you-go Supercharging

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20220122-084949_Tesla.jpg
    SmartSelect_20220122-084949_Tesla.jpg
    247 KB · Views: 80
Omg are you serious! Tesla got rid of creep mode? My wife absolutely refuses to drive with regenerative…. My main selling point on buying a Tesla was that she can put it in creep mode and drive it like a regular car… SUGAR!!!! this is an absolute disaster for me…. It was hard enough to sell the damn yoke, and now this too
A wife not wanting to use regen and beat the hell out of the cars brakes and hurt its range is grounds for divorce if you ask me

MX LR White/Cream 5 seater, Southeast US, Ordered 11/30/2020, turned down offer to change to 6 seater, Delivery Date just changed from March to TBD.

I honestly don't ever expect to get this car. It's been 418 days, I've gotten divorced and moved to a different state, and I'm not sure it even makes sense anymore. But mostly, I expect to hear that they aren't making the MX LR in 5 seat configuration anymore and the other seat configurations don't work for me.

I log onto Tesla.com every day to check the delivery date, knowing it means nothing, and every day I resist the urge to order a Model 3, just to get a Tesla. I can do that and keep my 2015 BMW X5 with 125k miles on it to haul the dogs around in. The only thing stopping me from putting down $250 and ordering the M3 is the chance that it comes quickly and I haven't fully given up on the MX yet.
That’s the first 5/7 seater go to ‘TBD’ I’ve seen here. Anyone else remember seeing that? Could be good news or else mean nothing.

Y are you not considering a Y?

• Funny
Reactions: KidsEyeDr
Soon enough, the world will be confused as Model X owners start talking…

“It’s a bit embarrassing, but I’ve never loved another person like I love my X. I waited so long for my X. I never want to lose my X or be without my X again.”

—> “Waited so long for your ex? Huh? Why’s s/he your ex if you love your ex so much & want to be with your ex?!”

“Huh right back to you! That’s the whole reason I keep my X. I’ll never get rid of my X. At least not until I have another X. My X is so perfect.”

Etc. descriptions could get risqué…. 😝

Haha. “I can fit so many children in my X all at once, and it’s so easy to get them in there when my X opens all the way”