Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not mine. I saw this on Facebook.

3994A2AE-E2D7-4787-AB62-6A40B4ABE448.png

• Helpful
Reactions: KidsEyeDr
You have had VINs for 3 weeks with no delivery day set? Have they moved your EDD window?

I’ve had a VIN since December 31st. I live 20 minutes from the factory. My EDD range has moved three times. Pretty sure I was a GM executive in a past life and killed the electric car. This is my punishment.

Last edited:
That's funny. Tesla will call you from Fremont when they want to - they called me when they did the 6 seater change. I had asked some questions about delivery that they were able to answer. This is purely evasive because they don't want to answer you. This makes me suspect that "March" is merely a placeholder (again).
Am thinking of just changing to the BMW IX. At least I’ve never had bad Customer service with BMW

Am thinking of just changing to the BMW IX. At least I’ve never had bad Customer service with BMW
I have never had one with Tesla. And BMW never came to my house and worked on any of my more than 12 BMWs in my garage. Not leaving home to get your car serviced is a huge luxury.

Yes, for the most part customer service is good, but their vehicles are a whole other issue as far as I'm concerned. Won't go near another one again.

I have an X5 waiting to be replaced with MX LR, love my X5 and hoping not to get disappointed by the MX. we also have MY which we love as well. will keep you posted around 2024 probably since I just ordered MX in June 2021

i have a deposit down for an iX just in case. But it has some cons to consider

- no supercharging network so it would be an issue for road trips. For instance, there are no non-tesla fast chargers in mammoth lakes and only 1 chargepoint that is only available for people at a certain rental

- storage is lacking in the trunk

- no frunk

- questionable front design that most hate

Bright side: it has CarPlay, probably much better build quality, probably more quiet and softer ride although it doesnt have dual pane windows.

If you dont have a deposit, certain dealers are going to mark it up. 1 dealer I spoke with said if there is no deposit, they are marking up $20k

Reactions: T3slafan2500
Good luck on yer charging on trips.
OMG I can’t even. I mean can you imagine.

It actually makes me hate traditional car mfrs because they won’t do a supercharger network even though it’s absolutely a sine qua non.

Or at least, an integrated charging network is extremely significant.

Using a new technology ought to make your life better. It’s that simple. In the ways it inconveniences you, it is inferior (range for towing, Tesla).

Reactions: DelPhonic1
I’ve had a VIN since December 31st. I live 20 minutes from the factory. My EDD range has moved three times. Pretty sure I was a GM executive in a past life and killed the electric car. This is my punishment.
You know what they say about karma. Wow, that is discouraging. I really thought I was on the homestretch. Even though it’s only been four days, I guess I will prepare to join the “VIN but no car club.”

Reactions: niogyn
OMG I can’t even. I mean can you imagine.

It actually makes me hate traditional car mfrs because they won’t do a supercharger network even though it’s absolutely a sine qua non.

Or at least, an integrated charging network is extremely significant.

Using a new technology ought to make your life better. It’s that simple. In the ways it inconveniences you, it is inferior (range for towing, Tesla).
While Tesla has the best charging network now, I am hoping for alternatives. In Florida, Tesla raised the price 3x in the past year to .34/kwh. At peak, even more. Competitive ChargePoint, and FPLEvolution are .30 kwh. As gas stations give us the ability to price shop, we need this in EV's too. Tesla got greedy, and as it approaches .50 kwh ICE has better arguments.

Granted home charging is the EV advantage but whether it is CCS or Tesla, home costs are the same but road trips with CCS are less costly, at least in my State.