Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Unless you're like me in my youth, you're slowing down to a crawl for a U-turn. At that speed there is no safety issue.
When I see a video of somebody doing burn outs, I’m like “did you pay for those tires? Ok just wondered… cool. ‘Cuz they have more waiting for you.✌🏻
😄🙄

I mean if I turn onto our street at 15 mph in the Y, she’s like “OMG you’re ruining the tires” and I’m like “hmm I did sense slight lateral acceleration.” 😆 Maybe I’ll be more gentle in my X. Maybe not. 😄

Keep in mind we both averaged 97 safety scores before we got FSD.

Last edited:
niogyn said:
View attachment 764504

I can’t help myself. Sawyer Merritt is tabloid trash.

I agree dafaskunk. Further, if you make such a bold statement about someones character, you need to back it up. Merritt is like a quasi publicity dept. That doesn't make him tabloid even with a bad tweet. Tweet back at him then. Niogyn you need to support your very opinionated statement.
To be clear, I was agreeing with @niogyn 🤷‍♂️

Today is delivery day! Normally when we’ve gotten our previous Teslas we had so much ordered and ready to install (mats, glass screen protectors etc) but there hardly anything available right now that seems decent.
Still excited to get the car this afternoon :cool:
Good luck with your delivery today! I have an order with the Palm Beach location that I placed early last month (MXP, MSM, 20" wheels, black interior, FSD). My EDD was briefly moved up to this month, before being moved back to October, which is fine with me.

Today is delivery day! Normally when we’ve gotten our previous Teslas we had so much ordered and ready to install (mats, glass screen protectors etc) but there hardly anything available right now that seems decent.
Still excited to get the car this afternoon :cool:

Good for you!

Have had the PPF since January. SA told me I'm soft-matched to a VIN for a second-quarter delivery.

Riiiiight...

Looking forward to hearing how you like yours.

Best,
Bob

2022 Model X Plaid | Red | Cream | 5-seat | OD 10-23-2021 | EDD 07-2022 | VIN Soft Match 01-16-2022
2021 Model 3 P | White | White | OD 09-06-2021 | DD 09-20-2021
2021 Model Y LR | White | White | OD 08-27-2021 | DD 11-01-2021

Good for you!

Have had the PPF since January. SA told me I'm soft-matched to a VIN for a second-quarter delivery.

Riiiiight...

Looking forward to hearing how you like yours.

Best,
Bob

2022 Model X Plaid | Red | Cream | 5-seat | OD 10-23-2021 | EDD 07-2022 | VIN Soft Match 01-16-2022
2021 Model 3 P | White | White | OD 09-06-2021 | DD 09-20-2021
2021 Model Y LR | White | White | OD 08-27-2021 | DD 11-01-2021
Ah we have a new term!
Soft matched. 🤣

Because you’re a CA resident. If you’re not a CA resident and choose to take delivery in California, you’ll pay the local sales tax. Some states will recognize taxes paid in California and waive their use tax (Nevada will do this).

Georgia has a one time ad valorem tax in lieu of sales tax and it works differently, long story short you can’t recognize sales tax paid out of state.

The only state California has a reciprocal vehicle purchase tax agreement is Arizona.

Unbelievable... I am in NJ as well but I refuse to order the more expensive Plaid and play right in to Tesla's greedy hands. This company's tactics are really really turning me off.
Actually Tesla is doing EXACTLY what they said they were going to do, and what they have always done in the past. The most expensive higher margin units are being delivered first. 6 passenger Plaid and LR. After that, the 7 passenger units, and finally the 5 passenger. The only thing a little different this time around is they completely removed the 5 and 7 passenger Plaid from thy product line. But they did step up and offer folks the chance to change to a 6, for free. Which is oddly generous of them.

Absolutely normal practice. I am in line for a 5 myself, and see nothing unusual here at all.

Long time lurker first time poster. I have a quick question. Majority of all those X sitting in the grass are probably 2021 models. At least 250 of them when I decide to stop counting. Assuming they finally ship those all out by april can Tesla force someone to take a 2021 model so late into 2022? (By force I mean, accept this vehicle or we cancel your order. Since we are only allowed to put our orders on hold for a couple times) because if most people keeps rejecting the 2021s so late in 22. They will have lots of X un sold unless they reduce the price to sell them.
One carrot they could offer to move the 2021 is unlimited supercharging for the original purchaser. That also may discourage that owner from turning around and selling right away. We rec'd that on our 2019 MS in August 2019 when they we wanting to move Model S's. I would opt in for that. Plus I'm at a low price since I ordered my X in Nov. 2020, pre refresh.

This is the best one… I ordered mine which is sitting in my garage, in the box, with no car to apply it to.
I don’t see any reason why you would ever need a screen protector for any Tesla.. it’s not like a phone that you’ll drop or put in your pocket with things that could scuff the screen.. none of my teslas have any scratching on the screens after years of use with multiple young kids

I don’t see any reason why you would ever need a screen protector for any Tesla.. it’s not like a phone that you’ll drop or put in your pocket with things that could scuff the screen.. none of my teslas have any scratching on the screens after years of use with multiple young kids
Well its not about that, if you get the matte screen protector, you won't see fingerprints and glare

Actually Tesla is doing EXACTLY what they said they were going to do, and what they have always done in the past. The most expensive higher margin units are being delivered first. 6 passenger Plaid and LR. After that, the 7 passenger units, and finally the 5 passenger. The only thing a little different this time around is they completely removed the 5 and 7 passenger Plaid from thy product line. But they did step up and offer folks the chance to change to a 6, for free. Which is oddly generous of them.

Absolutely normal practice. I am in line for a 5 myself, and see nothing unusual here at all.
So you think that prioritizing customers who spent more and provide higher margins even if they just ordered a month ago, versus someone who has been waiting close to a year is normal practice? I get that they've been doing it for a long time, but that still doesn't make it right. It's not illegal but it's definitely shady and will come back to bite them once competition catches up and people get tired of their little schtick.

Just because it's never happened to you does not mean that the millions of others who own Tesla's don't need it.... There are many scenarios where a screen can get scratched by mistake. At the end of the day a $60 screen protector that you will never notice is there is not a bad thing for peace of mind.... It would drive me nuts to see a scratch on that screen and replacing one I have to imagine is very expensive.

I love Halo.
Except using my thumbs to walk around and aim etc is SOO DUMB. I’ve always hated it.

I want full body immersive gaming, Microsoft!!! Hello!?! Can Microsoft step up to the plate please?

(ultimately Neuralink; for now give us a Microsoft equivalent of Oculus Quest plus Kat VR or Virtuix Omni plus Haptx gloves etc)
Microsoft? Yeah...that'll be a no. Experienced their "UI" in a Ford Explorer where, yes it was updatable, but you had to figure out whether the update actually applied to your vehicle, had to validate it through a secondary program before initiating, had to have it on a USB in the right file format and it usually took 30 minutes with the car running to complete. The only thing worse was that in order to do a reset of the car you had to pull the fuse. Good luck with that! You needed to be a contortionist. The fuse box was placed directly under the steering wheel but far underneath on the top side, with a small access panel that needed to be unscrewed first, the fuse panel itself buried too deeply to reach the friggin fuse. Usually needed to do the reset about monthly because of glitches. Absolutely hated that vehicle by the time I got rid of it.

• Funny
Reactions: w0ger and KidsEyeDr
Well its not about that, if you get the matte screen protector, you won't see fingerprints and glare
Maybe. A little. We got matte and maybe it’s the brand but I mean plenty of fingerprints and if the sun’s the right angle you have to shade the screen to see the backup camera feed.

I think an adjustable screen position (cough cough, Tesla) would be more useful.