Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m very very tempted to order a model Y while waiting. But now I feel like we’re going to be getting our Xs soon with Elon publicly admitting the refresh roll out has been awful.
I like the Y much more than I thought I would. I don't have a Raven X but the ride is better and it's quieter inside than my current X. Best of all, there are no squeaks or rattling. You're much more optimistic than me lol

Reactions: John in LB
I also have an order for both. If Tesla will hurry up and open the supercharger network then the only reason I chose a cybertruck to begin with will be a null point.
It's doubtful that will happen any time soon in the USA.

In Europe, it's quite a bit "easier" because all Tesla vehicles and the Superchargers there use CCS connectors and not the proprietary Tesla one.

• Informative
Reactions: lexus26
Ordered early November 2021. Plaid, red, white interior, 20", FSD. Florida. EDD on the website when ordering was August. EDD was August ever since November but on 2/5 it changed to February 22 - March 13. Today, 2/9 I got my VIN!

Super lucky to be honest. I also just picked up a M3P today and coincidentally got a VIN today as well. Honestly not ready for 2 cars within the same month. Obviously I have to take delivery now and not hold right? Honestly wish it was any other day than today because I just got another tesla lol.

VIN range is 3330xx. Is this new or a reject? Haven't asked about build date yet
View attachment 767207
I called and they said the build date was today 2/10 at 11:00 am eastern! So it's not a reject. And looks like they assigned the VIN before it was done being built

Reactions: lexus26
Is your app showing July 2022? Not sure I understand. Most of us were pushed to April 2022, not July.
Honestly at this point if I get pushed past past an April delivery, I will just ask to be pushed until July 2022 - in Illinois, that is when you become eligible for a 4K rebate. Might as well get some $$$ for all this waiting.

So, anyone tempted with this option?

This is alarming on so many levels.

The fact that someone is willing to alter THE most critical user-interface to a 3rd party after-market model, of which is not approved or tested by Tesla OR the NHTSA is frightening.

Not only is this extremely dangerous to the driver but to others on the road that may be injured when this custom-mod fails.

Warranty - Try taking your Tesla into the service center. If your SC explicitly follows the warranty policy you have just voided the warranty for the life of the car.

Insurance - If your insurance company found out about this they would drop your policy.

Liability - If you're in an accident and the other party found the car had a wheel modification this could be enough to tip the at-fault scale.

Why would you expect it to be different from what they have already done with the Plaid X orders? I received a call asking if I would accept a 6 seat in place of my 5 seat order at no additional expense. I had no reason to decline.
You ordered a Plaid in September. So you are at the super high top pricing, they’re already making plenty of money off you. But to those of us in the long range category with original 2020 5 seat orders, I don’t see them being so reasonable. If they were going to be reasonable I’d still have my original 2020 pricing and supercharging. They make the rules, they change the rules, we just live in their game.

Reactions: Mermaan
American Media has unfortunately never been kind to pioneers and Tesla in particular though they are responsible for the EV revolution today. Though we have our beef with Mr. Musk for delaying our cars and the comms(lack of) mess, this article reeks of the usual smear fest.
Never? I can attest to kindness and honesty in media at times and sometimes lack of honesty. Many folks have been conditioned to the "fake news" if it doesn't fit my paradigm.

FSDbeta is dangerous unless you are paying 110% attention. I find the fan boys such as Silicon Vally Tesla Owners more dishonest. Never a bad video or real criticism. Thats wrong.

Reactions: mr-dmitry