Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did you select cash payment at some point?

I did, because I didn’t want to keep having my credit pulled.

Anyway you can call your service advisor or chat with Tesla support (NOTE: the chat option on the website only appears when you attempt to start a new Tesla order. Just make sure you have your RN# ready.) and inform them you would like to use Tesla Financing. I did this today.

I froze my credit years ago and still was approved by US Bank.

Everyone else called and sent letters trying to get my loan but I didn't want my credit pulled. US Bank approved within 1 minute without pull based on my car loan from 2016 (also Tesla) and my income. I've got the cash but loan makes more sense given future investment opportunities.

Have any MX refresh owners experienced a brief shudder around 40 mph? It’s happened to me twice now — at first I thought it was a lane departure warning but I don’t think the car has that functionality… ?
Not that I recall. But yesterday I was sitting in the parking lot with the car on park. The car shaked for a few seconds on its own. It was kinda weird. It wasn’t wind or a tremor. No clue what made it do that.

• Informative
Reactions: lsds
Not that I recall. But yesterday I was sitting in the parking lot with the car on park. The car shaked for a few seconds on its own. It was kinda weird. It wasn’t wind or a tremor. No clue what made it do that.
Kinda like a dog that is waiting for the command to chase a ball - it just wants to get up and run. Next time just throw one out front and see what happens. See if it wags it's tail.

Seriously, it might be either the air suspension or maybe the a/c? Keep the windows open and see if there's anything you can hear.

Kinda like a dog that is waiting for the command to chase a ball - it just wants to get up and run. Next time just throw one out front and see what happens. See if it wags it's tail.

Seriously, it might be either the air suspension or maybe the a/c? Keep the windows open and see if there's anything you can hear.
I was just reading on line and it described a vibration for lane departure system — could it possibly be that?

Did you think or wish Ill upon Mr Musk by any chance?? They have a sensor and dojo checks that in the refresh….

That or the ghosts of the VINs that passed on….

Charge to 100% first peeps, to calibrate that battery. 💯
"Tesla has already issued an internal memo recommending new owners charge their LFP battery to 100% as soon as possible after taking delivery."

So this applies to MX — we should charge to 100% once shortly after we take delivery of the car? Then do we need to drive it down to 10% or below?

So this applies to MX — we should charge to 100% once shortly after we take delivery of the car? Then do we need to drive it down to 10% or below?
No, US made Tesla's don't have LFP batteries. They are supposed to start making the standard range M3\MY with LFP but not sure if or when they have started. LFP batteries are safe to charge to 100% all the time. Other tesla batteries are not. Don't charge them to 100% except right before a road trip.

Long time listener, first time caller..

Order Date 6/29/21 LR, Black Exterior, 6 Seater, White Interior, 20", FSD

EDD has been pushing back like everyone else. Last week on Thursday EDD Changed from July to 3/8 - 3/29 (no VIN) and as on this morning went back to July.

Anyone else have this experience?
Order date 3-13-21 just jumped from March to July also lol at this moment feels like a lottery system

Reactions: VulcansDontCry
I froze my credit years ago and still was approved by US Bank.

Everyone else called and sent letters trying to get my loan but I didn't want my credit pulled. US Bank approved within 1 minute without pull based on my car loan from 2016 (also Tesla) and my income. I've got the cash but loan makes more sense given future investment opportunities.
Yes that is interesting. I applied when I ordered my Tesla last year in May, they pulled my credit then. When I applied again yesterday, they did not pull my credit, and I was approved within minutes.

Update on my battery/range issue:

I charged to 100% yesterday afternoon. It reached 315. This morning, when I got into my car to take kids to school, it was still at 315. So here is my data:

From Home to School (10 miles) - MX consumed 10 miles (3%) - 294 Wh/mi
From School to Home (10 miles) - MX consumed 8 miles (3%) - 281 Wh/mi

I will continue to monitor my battery until I reach 0 or as close to it as possible.