Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got a call from Tesla this morning. He voice mail said my order is looking like July, so perhaps quarter-end like June or July delivery. Apparently, the call was simply because it has been a long time. Kinda bizarre but I will be returning the call to check with them on why my EDD moved to March range and then back to July. Will write back what I find out.
Not sure why I was so optimistic that they will be able to provide any more information. Called the rep back and he said he is seeing July. When I asked him how he could explain that I had a March range just 2 days ago and now it is punted all the way to July. He said he has no control over production scheduling and that if it has jumped this way forward it could easily jump back. LOL.

The call was mostly to check if I have a trade-in (I don't. We decided to keep our current car for our daughter to learn to drive on :) )

Reactions: Zygote1975
Not sure why I was so optimistic that they will be able to provide any more information. Called the rep back and he said he is seeing July. When I asked him how he could explain that I had a March range just 2 days ago and now it is punted all the way to July. He said he has no control over production scheduling and that if it has jumped this way forward it could easily jump back. LOL.

The call was mostly to check if I have a trade-in (I don't. We decided to keep our current car for our daughter to learn to drive on :) )
I was a Jan 27 , 2021 order for a MX LR. Like everyone else, I kept getting pushed back. The last date of July EDD upset me so I placed an order for a MY Performance. within 2-3 days, I got an estimated March delivery range for the MY Performance, a few days later an EDD for the MX LR, a week later I set up a delivery date for the MX LR for March 12 (this coming Sunday) in Virginia. The MY Performance is "on hold" until i see the MX. Maybe Tesla just wants you to "donate" some more money to them by making a reservation for another car and then they'll get you what you want. I still don't have my MX so we'll see. I understand this could all just be coincidence, but it's with the cost of a reservation to find out don't you think?

@studioloft I wanted to propose changing the historical data points to use a formula for VINs and Deliveries instead of manual count, because I have gone in after the fact and added older VINs\deliveries for people that never did and I think it can skew the numbers for particular weeks. Here is what it would look like compared to the current numbers:

For the first row:
VINs: =countif('Detail Order Tracking'!L:L,"<="&C47)
Deliveries: =countif('Detail Order Tracking'!M:M,"<="&C47)

1646615635947.png

Got a call from Tesla this morning. He voice mail said my order is looking like July, so perhaps quarter-end like June or July delivery. Apparently, the call was simply because it has been a long time. Kinda bizarre but I will be returning the call to check with them on why my EDD moved to March range and then back to July. Will write back what I find out.
I don’t believe anything these Tesla salespeople say. They apparently have no information beyond what’s in the system and there’s no communication with the factory whatsoever. I’ll bet your X is coming before July, hoping the same for mine.

Took delivery yesterday at 2pm. Fastest I've ever picked up a car. Longest part was looking the car over and the charging port door wouldn't close completely. Fixing that took about 30 min.

Few other issues.
  • Drivers side FWD is misaligned
  • Small dent on drivers side front fender
  • Rear bumper has small gap on both sides
  • Trunk has small gap on passenger side.
Service Appointment is scheduled for Friday.

Other than those small issues, the car is awesome. Build date is 1/22.

Next up is Tint, new floor mats, summer wheels, and Xpel Stealth.

Thank you all for making this wait enjoyable. I felt like a pro with all the information I gained from here...

20220305_142030.jpg

@studioloft I wanted to propose changing the historical data points to use a formula for VINs and Deliveries instead of manual count, because I have gone in after the fact and added older VINs\deliveries for people that never did and I think it can skew the numbers for particular weeks. Here is what it would look like compared to the current numbers:

For the first row:
VINs: =countif('Detail Order Tracking'!L:L,"<="&C47)
Deliveries: =countif('Detail Order Tracking'!M:M,"<="&C47)

View attachment 777659

This is awesome!

I didn't add the "Delivery Forecast" but I did add the "Net Add" columns. I will be honest I don't understand the =forecast() function but it seems to be skewed at this point.

No need to ask permission though! I started the spreadsheet and spend a lot of time keeping it legible but it is certainly a open community collaborative effort, dare I say work of art! :)

Can someone explain to me what the obsession with the CCS charger port is? It feels like the same obsession with Apple CarPlay to me. I don’t get it.
I think the 'obsessions' are different. Here is a very basic overview:

Apple CarPlay is a widely adopted standard that many people want because they are in the Apple ecosystem and since they are happy with it they want it in their Tesla.

The discussion regarding the CCS charger port is different and is not as much about Tesla owners demanding it but rather that since CCS charging is becoming a worldwide standard and may eventually need to be adopted in the US, Canada, etc. Tesla is getting ahead of the curve to be prepared for the future. Folks are discussing it because it's a design change but not necessarily because they want it.

Others can probably add more details.

Does anyone know if the Fremont factory operates 24/7 7 days a week? I wasn’t sure if they had shut down hours or if they run three shifts and always have people working.
I'm more of the opinion that it's run 3 days of the week, some kinda hours, subject to the workers' other side jobs.

This is awesome!

I didn't add the "Delivery Forecast" but I did add the "Net Add" columns. I will be honest I don't understand the =forecast() function but it seems to be skewed at this point.

No need to ask permission though! I started the spreadsheet and spend a lot of time keeping it legible but it is certainly a open community collaborative effort, dare I say work of art! :)
I added the =forecast() function. I‘m not really sure what mathematical formula it uses in the backend, but so far, deliveries have been beating the forecast. The goal was to add something that will forecast increases in deliveries based on historical data. I’m sure forecast() doesn’t use anything fancy to do the math.
However.. it also shows that I’ll get my car (May 2021, LR 5/white/white) in December 2022 :) .. so I sure hope it’s wrong :).