Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just a PSA. Tesla dropped the price of wall connector to $495, in case anyone wants to buy one.
I ordered one last night when I saw the price drop. I planned to buy it anyway. I still have my order on hold, with no EDD, but I’ll be ready damn it.

Excited for you JD! As with anything Tesla, temper expectations though. I’ve had 3 date ranges and two “July” in the last month. Because you’re in the Midwest, though, I agree with @Johnny Mac that it’s real and your car is on the way.

I also believe mine is real this time, but like @bmah, I’m picking up in Fremont, so don’t expect a vin (and car) until the last week of March. Bruce, I think that’s why your dates keep getting pushed. They gave you too tight of a range (and VIN) too early and are solely focused on shipping every car they can across the country before EOQ.
I’m going to quote myself to remind others to keep the faith. I woke up to July for the third time, and it’s happening to others. 3 dates ranges and 3x July in the last month. I still expect a VIN before the end of the month.

The back-and-forth is a good thing for Tesla. It’s almost like we’re making a baby. So much friction and emotion. Waiting for the back and fourth date range.

Worth the wait ☺️🍀

Attachments

• 5448A018-A981-402D-BBC2-35459BEAC53B.jpeg
    5448A018-A981-402D-BBC2-35459BEAC53B.jpeg
    481.3 KB · Views: 124
The last post was not entirely correct.

The Gen2 Mobile Charger that comes with all new Tesla's since 2018, uses with the Nema 14-50 plug, even with a 50A, or 60A breaker will provide only 32 Amps. 8KW tops. Any reference to Nema 14-50 providing 40A is related to the original Gen1 Mobile Charger, which will not arrive with this vehicle. You may find them on ebay.

The Wall Charger gives 48A, vs 32A on current version Nema 14-50 Tesla Chargers. Effectively 50% faster charger.
How many miles per hour for both?

The last post was not entirely correct.

The Gen2 Mobile Charger that comes with all new Tesla's since 2018, uses with the Nema 14-50 plug, even with a 50A, or 60A breaker will provide only 32 Amps. 8KW tops. Any reference to Nema 14-50 providing 40A is related to the original Gen1 Mobile Charger, which will not arrive with this vehicle. You may find them on ebay.

The Wall Charger gives 48A, vs 32A on current version Nema 14-50 Tesla Chargers. Effectively 50% faster charger.
Thanks for the correction. I keep forgetting that 14-50 is really 14-40 ;) It’s a 40A circuit with 32A charging. And 10 mph difference.

Reactions: darhall993
Then blast it against a wall and run the light show and see if it spells out Tesla
Here now. The Raleigh NC guy said mines the first one here that they’ve got with the new port and tail lights and badge and he said ew HEADLIGHTS…. But I think he may be misinformed lol. Imma check myself in a lil bit
Can you tell me how many miles per hour the car charge and are you using wall or 14-50 charger?

Has anyone actually tried these mats from Tesla yet? The website has a picture of a refreshed X and says they’re compatible with vehicles produced 2021+ but its not compatible with any of my vehicles - which is only a 2022 X (which will hopefully be delivered on the 17th).

Attachments

• 697A8679-77C7-4402-8B76-E79CF7F49138.jpeg
    697A8679-77C7-4402-8B76-E79CF7F49138.jpeg
    321 KB · Views: 80
Reactions: KidsEyeDr
How many miles per hour for both?

Scroll down to Vehicle Charging Speeds.
Look at 1st and 3rd row.

Now you can find out more info if needed.

croman said:
I'm in Chicago and I have a March 22-25 window (and VIN). I have heard of others. Based on VINs, it seems to be around 650 cars per day.

Could the Midwest be getting a truckload? 2 in Chicago just got VIN’s and 2 Wisconsinite’s who have to pick up in Chicago (no sales in WI) just got an updated range, me being one of them. Changed from October to March 25-31.

I know, I know…don’t burst my bubble, means nothing until Vinned. I’ve been in this spot before but the Chicago VIN’s give me a glimmer of hope even though I haven’t served enough time in Tesla purgatory.😈

MX-P ordered early January 2022 Red/White, 6 seat, FSD, 20’s. (on the waiting list sheet RN1163167XX)
St. Louis date range for me, but no VIN. Truck must be coming.

Reactions: X-Stream