Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good luck with the windshield replacement. Mine was similarly delivered to my house that way, so I had them take it back to the service center. It has been there for close to 5 weeks now waiting for a windshield replacement. I get a text from the service guy once a week updating me that there are no Model X windshields available in North America, and no known date when there will be one. Seems odd that they can produce so many new X's with windshields, but not save one for these issues.
I agree that does seem odd. My service appointment is March 28 - I'll let you know how it goes. My crack is cosmetic and hard to see if not at the right angle, so I can live with it until a new windshield becomes available.

Any opinions or knowledge of whether or not they can build 5 seat and 6 seat configurations at the same time? I fear that Q2 will be 5 seater only and those 6 seaters that were not delivered prior to now will have to wait until Q3. Wonder if that’s where the “July“ placeholder comes from?

I've learned that when KBB instant cash offer, Carmax, etc does your car appraisal, insist on doing it without the VIN. Those sites love using the VIN, but doing that way doesn't give credit for FSD. I had this experience with my M3 I'm trading in. 4K difference in the two online offers from the same place.
How can you have an inspection/valuation without a VIN? At my CarMax they keep it for 30 minutes before making an offer.

Just got a VIN 5XYJXCBE54MF32XXXX

Looks like a 2021, should I take it or wait it out?

MXLR
6 Seater
Cream Interior
20 inch wheels
I am picking up a "field" model X this Thursday (hopefully). The SA says if I do not like it I can reject and be put back in the queue. I believe the 2021 model has radar. I asked the same question on this forum and about half said to take it and the other half to reject it.

I am picking up a "field" model X this Thursday (hopefully). The SA says if I do not like it I can reject and be put back in the queue. I believe the 2021 model has radar. I asked the same question on this forum and about half said to take it and the other half to reject it.

I asked around to get a few opinions and the radar was a plus point over the new lights

TIA for sharing your experience

Reactions: TallBill
How can you have an inspection/valuation without a VIN? At my CarMax they keep it for 30 minutes before making an offer.
I did the online offers and for Carmax brought the online evaluation without the VIN so they can see the difference. For someone looking for a Tesla that is interested and intends to have FSD, its much cheaper to buy a Tesla that already has it. they seemed to understand. I noticed Vroom has a separate comment area you can add that says why your car could be worth more. I haven't got my estimate back from them yet.

I asked around to get a few opinions and the radar was a plus point over the new lights

TIA for sharing your experience
I read previously that even though older cars will have the radar hardware, it won't be used anymore (I assume to avoid having to develop two separate versions of software), so there doesn't seem much point in trying for a vehicle with radar, imo.