Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
they should allow FSD to transfer to your next car otherwise its too much risk to purchase. FSD on trade in is only valued about $2,500. They should also consider allowing you to use FSD across all the cars you own for a subscription (like Spotify). Until then, I will only pay for it as needed
I wish transferring to a new vehicle was an option too; however, it definitely adds value in resale. Private party value is always more realistic than a trade offer.

(Put another way, if I didn't get FSD by some means, it'd be a step down from the AP1 I use now.)

Bruce.

I'm afraid it's kind of a step down regardless of feature set because it's so erratic you can't rely on it but it has a chance to be amazing. I got bitten once, I'll get monthly if the utility ever meets the hype.

can you share where you got that seat pocket? Abstract? RPM?

It has been over 5 years but I'll look it up after lunch.

• Informative
Reactions: DelPhonic1 and bmah
Yeah, but isn't there a cost to repairing these cars that's probably higher at the Service Centers than at the factory? Wouldn't it be in Tesla's best interest in the long term to fix this at the root rather than patch and go? I'd look at the numbers at the Service Centers to see how much of the staff's time is spent in fixing new builds vs servicing/repairing customer's cars.

Of course there will always be issues that come from transporting, but looking at the issues as of late, it's clear that the Service Centers are less than enthusiastically repairing these new vehicles, especially since it's a quarter end rush. Heck, I'm not so sure that they're not almost rebuilding some of these cars. Something's got to give.
For the long term it would be better to not produce cars with issues, but that also costs money. If they have to slow down the production line in order to produce flawless cars, then they probably are better off outputting cars with some small % of errors and fixing them after the fact. For existing cars with issues I doubt it would be easier\cheaper to do at the factory. The factory is set up to build new cars from scratch. The SC is set up to fix broken cars. From that perspective the SC is probably better place to do repairs. The main downside is that they might not have parts in stock.

I think the SC ultimately wants to sell the cars to get as many sales in the quarter and then have people come back later when things are less hectic at the beginning of the next quarter.

Hey folks!

Picked up the 2021 VIN on Friday - 11/2021 build date. Either I’m not that picky or I got lucky - this car is near flawless. I scanned the entire car before accepting (following the checklist) and couldn’t find anything wrong with it. I’m very happy with the 2021. Since Friday, the family and I drove it down to Florida. So I’ve already put 1000 miles on it. There are a few minor things I’m going to have the SC look at, but overall I’m loving it.

Interesting during pickup, the sales rep would not let me into the car without accepting. I thought this was odd. I think the person may have been new. I said no way, they asked their manager who open it up right away. I was talking with the manager a bunch about quality and what not. He said that since these are new models off the line, they get inspected by their techs instead of the standard SA review. I do believe they did a thorough review of the car. I’m getting the feeling that Tesla quality is very dependent on how good the SC is…

Coming from a Model 3, this thing is a lot bigger. It feels like I’m driving a tank in the clouds - very comfortable ride. I do miss the sporty feel of the 3 though. Being 6’5”, this is the first car I have full field of vision out of the driver’s seat - love the cockpit. The yoke took a little bit to get used to - overall it’s not a big deal either way for me. I prefer the yoke, but I feel like the yolk is better suited for a sports car, not a SUV. For highway cruising, my hand rests perfectly on the bottom of the yolk, better than a steering wheel.

Items that need attention:
- Passenger FWD sticks out a hair - cosmetically it doesn’t bother me, but I get wind noise at high speeds (75+)
- tow kit was missing the wiring harness. SC is sending it to me.
- one of the trunk LEDs is out
- driver side tweeter speaker might be blown or not seated right. It buzzes/rings when playing music loudly.

0DD6A30B-1CF8-4316-ACA9-34CE3D5BB202.jpeg

Many of these complaints are just on straight freeways from folks who've owned Teslas for years and had previous APs and radar and didn't have this issue on the same roads they drive now.

It'll be interesting if more people do the camera recalibration on a straight freeway since someone here swears that fixed their phantom braking issue.
Agreed. My wife has banned the use of AP and TACC when she's in the car. The phantom braking events are jarring and often. I only use it on freeways and interstates. Complete garbage.
As I look to see my delivery date may have slipped to July 2023 (per Sawyer Merritt), I'm also hoping that QC will actually be a thing by then. We give Tesla way too much grace but don't afford their competitors the same amount of grace and patience as they try to catch up. I am open to new options. Is there an Electric Range Rover or an electric G-Wagon coming before Jan 2023?😬
The Lotus Type 132 (Eletre) is coming as well. Reveal is tomorrow (29 March). Do not think it will have a 3rd row and won't ship by Jan 2023.
Does anyone else windshield fog up with ac on? It’s 85 deg in SoCal today. If that makes a difference.
All of my Tesla's have had a film on the inside of the windshield that caused constant fogging. You need to go to town w/ window cleaner (I use Invisible Glass) and a ton of elbow grease. Expect to do it a couple times to truly resolve the problem.

Reactions: R6MX and croman
can you share where you got that seat pocket? Abstract? RPM?

Amazon purchase in December 2016. Details below:

1 of Topfit Seat Back Organizers, Multi-Pocket, Storage Net for Tesla Model S (Black, 2 of Pack) [ASIN: B01HV1AY8I]

It fits perfectly into the contours of the seat and you can remove and conceal the holes with plugs (which I might do since I'm trading it in).

Reactions: DelPhonic1
I just received a call to schedule my pick-up. Wednesday morning at Buena Park, CA. Build date of 3/22/22 was confirmed by the SA. I'll be picking it up on my way to work that day. I'm not sure how much work will get done once I have it.

My friend, who was a detailer at one time and now has his own paintless dent removal company, stopped by the SC to look at my car. It looks great! He sent me pictures. Due to his profession, he is a perfectionist. The things he was pointing out were so minimal I wouldn't have thought much of them after seeing some of the other issues on cars being delivered. One FWD (passenger) is off a bit where it is sticking out a smidge, but the handles line up nicely.

My appointment was moved up from Wednesday morning to this afternoon at 1 pm.