Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I feel they should include the charging cable and offer $400.00 rebate if YOU opt not to take it. As the mass market gets into Tesla it wouldn’t be their 2nd or 3rd but their first. They may keep the car for 5-8 years. Maybe Tesla should focus on finishing their refreshes before focusing on cutting costs. As for owning several, think about donating one to a new owner who doesn't have one... or sell it on Facebook Market Place, Craiglist ect...
I would prefer they lower the vehicle price or hold it down longer and let people that need them, buy their own, or select another solution like installing a home charger, Tesla or other brand. They are still including the J-1772 adapter for use with 3rd party chargers. So the cases for using this wall power charger are rather limited. Especially given how slow the car charges at 120 Volts.

Reactions: gglockner
I got the delivery call! Unfortunately I’m also in the middle of a home purchase and can’t risk hits to my credit at the moment. I’m being told if i pass on the car, I’ll have to wait until next year for the next available one. Originally EDD was August (Reserved Plaid in April 2021). VIN assigned and they want delivery to occur in the next 3 days...

I got the delivery call! Unfortunately I’m also in the middle of a home purchase and can’t risk hits to my credit at the moment. I’m being told if i pass on the car, I’ll have to wait until next year for the next available one. Originally EDD was August (Reserved Plaid in April 2021). VIN assigned and they want delivery to occur in the next 3 days...
Wow!! Did not realize that you have to wait until next year. I thought there was an option of a 30 day hold.
Here I am with an assigned VIN but no delivery :) We need to trade places.

Do you have 401K? You can take a loan against it that is not considered loan for lending purposes (usually up to 50K) and separately borrow from someone else the difference / pay in cash and after you close - refinance the car loan and put everything back

• Informative
Reactions: jkhanesq
I would prefer they lower the vehicle price or hold it down longer and let people that need them, buy their own, or select another solution like installing a home charger, Tesla or other brand. They are still including the J-1772 adapter for use with 3rd party chargers. So the cases for using this wall power charger are rather limited. Especially given how slow the car charges at 120 Volts.
As a new owner, I had a Tesla Wall Connector installed back in March 2021 in anticipation of a April 2021 delivery which never happened...
I now use the Wall Connector & my Solar generation to charge the battery. But when visiting family overnight I use my Mobile Charger.
The 120 connector is basically useless but I got the nema 14-50 adapter and power the car with that when on the road. Why add time at a supercharger when I can charge at my Mom & Dad's or siblings house while I'm sleeping?

IMHO - An electric car which cost more then $35K should include a charging cable with 120 & nema 14-50 adapter. You want to get fancy, get a longer cable, different pug style... that should be on you, but a basic charging cable with 120 & nema 14-50 adapter should be included.

What's Tesla going to do next? New owners will need to pay a fee to access the Frunk? "Moving forward the Frunk will be software locked. An annual storage subscription will give you unlimited access for one year and will renew each year automatically. If you sell the car back to Tesla your annual subscription can be prorated."

Not a lot of vins being assigned. I think whatever was holding up until the 15th has been as usual delayed.
My car was built in Q1 and was being held until the 15th due to some software issue. Then they moved it up to the 7th when I picked it up.

More likely, it is the usual ship cars that have to travel at the beginning of the quarter. Canadian buyers are getting VINs and dates.

My car was built in Q1 and was being held until the 15th due to some software issue. Then they moved it up to the 7th when I picked it up.

More likely, it is the usual ship cars that have to travel at the beginning of the quarter. Canadian buyers are getting VINs and dates.
My car was supposedly built in Q1 but is in some sort of hold at the factory ever since. Still no resolution in sight

My car was supposedly built in Q1 but is in some sort of hold at the factory ever since. Still no resolution in sight
Hopefully, that will change soon.

Mine moved from EDD July to get it by 4 PM today on March 31. Then when I told them I could not pick it up that day it was back to EDD July. Then a day later moved to pick it up on April 3. Then on April 3rd, 2 hours before pickup time it was on hold till April 15 for software. Then pick it up on April 7 at 3 PM, not wait, 2 PM. I was glad that I work from home and set my own schedule and live near the factory.

All I can say is to be sure to check your app or the website often. They never texted me about any of these changes. The only way I knew the dates were moving was from the app.

No idea. But I'm confident that if BMW gives you an EDD they will hit it.
I had an iX M60 on order. The wait was going to be less than 60 days. Ultimately I decided to cancel since A) the overall proportions of the vehicle were very similar to my MYP and B) the performance (acceleration, in particular) was also similar. Except the car was almost 2x more expensive.

The base iX is still quite a bit more than the MYP. Don't get me wrong... it is nicer. I drove one... twice. Smoother ride. More refined interior. Front camera. Integrated wireless CarPlay. Etc. But again, not worth the delta in price from my POV (even with the $7500 tax credit). I might go back to BMW once they get a generation of SAV EVs under their belt.

Oh, and that grill... o_O

I'll wait for the MXP where I can have more space for my family, and in a vehicle that was built electric from the ground up.

Interesting: Tesla now has our trade 2018 Model X available for sale. Not only are they selling it for more than we paid in December, but they also removed FSD. This is equivalent to a 13% price increase in just 5 months.
96k that's crazy. Mine is same model, but uncorked with 6 white seats so I'm sure it'd be about the same or a bit more. Makes me think again about selling privately. They offered me 79k trade in, back at EOQ.

IMHO - An electric car which cost more then $35K should include a charging cable with 120 & nema 14-50 adapter. You want to get fancy, get a longer cable, different pug style... that should be on you, but a basic charging cable with 120 & nema 14-50 adapter should be included.
The communication of the change was the real issue with all of this. It was utterly terrible. Resulted in incorrect assumptions and unnecessary stress for customers.

In the end though, the change is fine IMO. Existing orders are unaffected. New orders will (eventually at least) get to order the charger with the car for another $200. In the end, folks will pick the charging solution that best works for them. Another $200 on a $50-150k car isn't going to be something that you'll feel or even care about as a new buyer.

This is so cool if I keep a 100 score its only $120 😳 View attachment 795119
omg I couldn't handle it. They have a safety score here in Cali but I'm not touching it-- eventually they'll approve the pricing structure here too. But driving like grandma was excruciating to get beta. I can't stand bearing that pain ever again, especially in a starship. I'll just pay the extra.