Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
96k that's crazy. Mine is same model, but uncorked with 6 white seats so I'm sure it'd be about the same or a bit more. Makes me think again about selling privately. They offered me 79k trade in, back at EOQ.
They dropped the price today by $1400 to $94,600.
"Come to Crazy Elon's, where our used cars are priced to move!"

I would prefer they lower the vehicle price or hold it down longer and let people that need them, buy their own, or select another solution like installing a home charger, Tesla or other brand. They are still including the J-1772 adapter for use with 3rd party chargers. So the cases for using this wall power charger are rather limited. Especially given how slow the car charges at 120 Volts.
Well how about this: you go online to order your Tesla. The automatic configuration has a checklist from which you can deselect what you don’t want. It automatically includes a mobile adapter but it’s made very obvious that you can save X amount by deselecting it.

And right next to the mobile adapter it is the wall connector option with the difference clearly indicated.

Add a few other removable options, let people “save” money by removing options. #humanpsychology

Remember that charging on a NEMA 5-15 outlet (your standard residential outlet) gives about 3 miles of range per hour of charging. Overnight, that means about 30 miles of range. That's really not enough IMHO unless you're parking your car for several days, like at an airport or a vacation resort. So I get why few people use a NEMA 5-15 plug. But I still use a NEMA 14-50 plug (240V, 50A) when traveling; Tesla first stopped including this plug, and now they are not including the mobile charger at all. I know that if you can afford a Tesla, you can afford the mobile charger, but this is just petty. Again.
It is enough for visiting at my sister’s house where I’m unlikely to drive more than 10 miles a day, and so can keep the car topped off at least to a higher charge level until a return trip gets us to superchargers again. And as it happens we often do go a day or two at home without driving. We also happen to have an RV pedestal with 50 amp socket.

Please do. Our cars are likely "siblings" (what's the SN part of your VIN? I have a 3399xxx), so it would be helpful to see what issues you had.

Yeah, I only sat in the one I rejected, and I completely agree. It's quite a different, commanding feeling. Even compared to the Model 3 that I've driven.
VIN 33903x 4/2022 build date

The communication of the change was the real issue with all of this. It was utterly terrible. Resulted in incorrect assumptions and unnecessary stress for customers.

In the end though, the change is fine IMO. Existing orders are unaffected. New orders will (eventually at least) get to order the charger with the car for another $200. In the end, folks will pick the charging solution that best works for them. Another $200 on a $50-150k car isn't going to be something that you'll feel or even care about as a new buyer.
I strongly disagree. Customers are paying enough! Some particle accessories should be included for the exorbitant price of these cars. They should have the basic ability to get a charge anywhere they can. I don't understand this let'em eat cake notion.... Yeah what's another $200 here or there... For those on a budget it actually matters.

That's good to know. I have never owned a Tesla before but is there Tesla insurance in California? I haven't shopped around for rates yet to see how much it would cost to insure the X when it (ever) comes.........

I noticed you are located in the Bay Area and ordered a 7 seater 3 months before me. GOOD LUCK to you! If you have any movement with your EDD, that means I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel!
California was the first state where Tesla Insurance became available, and we've been on it for about 2 years. Previously with GEICO. I have zero interest in some arbitrary scoring system being used to determine our rates, and I'm personally very happy that California has such stringent regulations around insurance providers.

As for our order and any future delivery, I long ago adopted the attitude that it will happen when it happens. There's no one who can tell me when it's going to happen, there's nothing I can do to change it, and there's no point to venting about it. July EDD means nothing more to me than the April 2021 EDD, June 2021 EDD, September 2021 EDD, November 2021 EDD, or Feb 2022 EDD. It might as well say "WHENEVER" in my account.

I strongly disagree. Customers are paying enough! Some particle accessories should be included for the exorbitant price of these cars. They should have the basic ability to get a charge anywhere they can. I don't understand this let'em eat cake notion.... Yeah what's another $200 here or there... For those on a budget it actually matters.
The car has gone up over $30k since launch. Again, I fail to see how another $200 matters.

I may be in the minority here, but to me the charging cord is a non-issue. Many people don’t use them and it makes sense for Tesla to make this an optional item. If you need one, buy one. Otherwise, be glad it’s not taking up space in your storage area. I use a mobile charger with a 14-50 in my garage to charge my Model 3 and am glad to have it, but I would not have hesitated to buy one if it had been an option at that time. I appreciate the opposite viewpoint, but to me it’s just not a big deal.

I may be in the minority here, but to me the charging cord is a non-issue. Many people don’t use them and it makes sense for Tesla to make this an optional item. If you need one, buy one. Otherwise, be glad it’s not taking up space in your storage area. I use a mobile charger with a 14-50 in my garage to charge my Model 3 and am glad to have it, but I would not have hesitated to buy one if it had been an option at that time. I appreciate the opposite viewpoint, but to me it’s just not a big deal.
Not that big a deal but the incessant removal of things with the excuse being “rarely used” is starting to make Tesla look sad…

The only use case I have for the mobile charger is for emergencies and some rare travel needs. I have 2 wall connectors at the house so I don't have any use for it at home. When we travel the goal is to use superchargers or destination chargers.

However, alot of VRBO type rentals or family/friends don't have wall chargers so mobile charging is what's needed.

The real issue is when something happens that prevents you from getting to a charger for whatever reason. This eliminates the ability to plug into a Kia campsite or some random nice persons house [for 10hr] when you need it.

Seems like a spare tire. You don't need it until you need it for the most part. With Tesla if you want a spare you buy a spare.

I'm not a fan of this logic but I get it.

omg I couldn't handle it. They have a safety score here in Cali but I'm not touching it-- eventually they'll approve the pricing structure here too. But driving like grandma was excruciating to get beta. I can't stand bearing that pain ever again, especially in a starship. I'll just pay the extra.
"little old lady from Pasadena", "go granny go"