Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To some, it's a once in a life time experience picking up a $100k+ vehicle they've spent countless hours researching and reviewing.
To others, it's just another Friday selling a widget and they are ready for the weekend.
<shrug>

I try to not get to worked up from disinformation from the average employee nowadays. It's the ones who fake it or bs that grind my gears. Just say you don't know and/or you'll talk to a higher up and get back to ya if they don't know.
Members in the auto forum are more knowledgeable than an average sales person in any sales center / dealership. In a typical luxury dealership they would be familiar with most common features but also clueless with those niche features. I would typically have to do my own research with great advice from forum members.

Order date was April 2021. Not the worst deal when comes to the matrix lights - at least I got the new tails and a 2022. Ed from the Oakville location was amazing to deal with - definitely red carpet level so all is forgiven. Interesting notes on delivery. Apparently only select employees can drive the Plaid’s before delivery to ensure no test pilots.
Did yours come with the mobile charging cable?

April 2021 order date white/cream LR 20inch no FSD, on Vancouver Island, ETA Aug like the rest....

I feel like I'm back in the waiting room. My X is at the detailer for paint correction and a PPF wrap (dropped it off a week ago). Due to some quirks in my schedule, there are some delays on both the front and back end of this process, so I probably won't see it again for another week or two. They'd probably think I'm nuts if I went to go visit it, I'm guessing.

Bruce.
I’m lurking at tesla fast chargers while waiting for my X. Always a plus when an X shows up. So yes, go visit your car.

Reactions: EV3_
Just an FYI, I sent a text to the generic Tesla support phone # asking and update about why Edd shows TBD. The person stated my order was on hold. The weird thing is that I never saw a hold on my account. For those that been waiting ensure you are following up with your SA to avoid any delays
Do you mind sharing the number you texted? Do we need to address someone or just send a generic message?

Do you mind sharing the number you texted? Do we need to address someone or just send a generic message?
I emailed my SA re: my TBD status due to the discussion above, and he said my car delivery estimate shows TBD for now due to the config change that was made months ago after an SA without permission had changed my config and price and then had to go back to regional manager to get approval to restore the price/config I originally had. He said its a placeholder but my order is still in queue and active and should have an ETD update once I get closer to delivery or VIN assignment. He's not seeing any sort of "hold" on my TBD order. I think TBD can mean various things, but good to check w/ SA or someone to be sure there is no active issue. Regardless of ETD however, my active "issue" still continues to be that I desired a 7-seater config. 🙄

You are only proving my point... They aren't reliable if they don't work all the time. That doesn't mean they are useless. But they definitely aren't reliable.
But they are both BACKUP.
And they have never made things worse.

It has never come close to ramming into another car.

And if the on green light beep doesn’t work it’s No biggy.

They only help and don’t hurt.

Both Driver AND Feature have to fail to cause a problem. Instead of Driver OR Feature.

Which is why I just paid $10k for it.

Blinker makes AP night and day better.

I thought hard about buying it again and initially wasn’t gonna. But both those things make my driving experience safer and more enjoyable. Not worth $10K but I hope other things will come along that are useful.

I’m not holding my breath on full FSD.

Also given what Tesla gave me on trade I feel like they did give money towards FSD I had.

Last edited:
But they are both BACKUP.
And they have never made things worse.

It has never come close to ramming into another car.

And if the on green light beep doesn’t work it’s No biggy.

They only help and don’t hurt.

Which is why I just paid $10k for it.

Blinker makes AP night and day better.

I thought hard about buying it again and initially wasn’t gonna. But both those things make my driving experience safer and more enjoyable. Not worth $10K but I hope other things will come alone that are useful.

I’m not holding my breath on full FSD.

Also given what Tesla gave me on trade I feel like they did give money towards FSD I had.
I opted for it because a video in which it saved hours on the interstate because of a huge backup due to an accident. Showed a different route around the interstate accident.

That's my new ride. Delivery this coming Friday. Upon initial inspection, looks great, panels are perfect FWDs are flawless as well. Vossen HF-5s with 22" Michelin Sport Pro, Mountain Big Boy rotors and active suspension kit to be done directly upon delivery. Should be smoking when it's all done.
Here's some pics from my MXLR delivered todY in Toronto, Canada. Fit seems almost perfect and fwd are flawless.

Attachments

• 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    346.5 KB · Views: 133
  • 24.jpg
    24.jpg
    385.2 KB · Views: 103
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    356 KB · Views: 99
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    365.5 KB · Views: 96
Are you doing the full car in ppf or just parts?

The full car. I supposed I could have just done the front to protect from rock chips, etc. But my S got impacts in all sorts of weird, random places from, well, just having kids around it.

Granted, I never paid attention to any of this stuff before I started driving Teslas, so...(shrug)...

Bruce.

I went out this morning and tried this, but there’s no calibration button or option in service or any other area of the menu. Not that I could find anyway.

I set a mobile service appointment so they’re coming to my work next Wednesday.
Drat. I just checked and verified I was wrong and you're right - the calibration option is not available unless prompted. Sorry about that. Good luck with the service.

Reactions: uthatcher
Drat. I just checked and verified I was wrong and you're right - the calibration option is not available unless prompted. Sorry about that. Good luck with the service.
No worries, it’s mobile service so it’s easy. And if it had worked that would have been nice. Regardless, I’m not stressed on it, overall the vehicle is awesome.

The windshield definitely still trips me out. It feels much different than an S.