Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Basically, the car is equipped with an LTE chipset/module. Since it's probably a QCOM product it'll be compatible with any LTE provider - except maybe China. I think Tesla has a deal with AT&T. This is OK because they have reasonable coverage. If you look at the LTE chipset spec you'll see the it includes a GPS module. You can't remove the GPS module from the chipsets. You could probably, in software, turn GPS access off. However, because the FCC requires emergency 911 capability on all cell phones, I doubt that you could turn it off. So, I believe, your GPS comes from the LTE module. In quantity these LTE modules are really cheap.

From what I can gather your data is only limited if you use too much. Don't know what that means and Tesla does not specify. Suppose that if you started streaming HiDef movies you'd eventually run into a problem. So, for $100 per year you get a cellular data plan in the car. Chump change. Maybe somebody could figure out how to use that plan for voice and SMS. Why? To me that's not an issue because I have an iPhone and it's connected to the car via Bluetooth. And, I really do not need to be distracted while driving.

So we pay a premium for something Apple Maps, Google maps, Waze etc do ootb for free?
Maps are free in all Tesla cars and the internet connection to get the directions and whatnot is completely free. Live data and satellite view isn’t. On your phone however you pay for a data plan which allows you to get the directions.

Hi folks,
If you have been following the saga of ever shifting delivery dates after getting a VIN assignment on March 22, finally positive news! After countless calls into a proverbial black hole, finally a SA was able to nudge/shame the delivery team into calling me back and lone behold, I am getting delivery on Saturday. Fingers crossed that it all goes well. It seems that the factory containment has been lifted (or so the say). Will keep you all posted.
Today is my delivery day, well supposedly. An hour before the pick up time, the delivery center calls me to tell me that they have an issue. The car is showing an airbag warning despite the replacement! 😡 was told that they are trying to fix it and will call me back in a couple of hours.Of course no one has called. Now a new wait cycle starts and as always you can never reach anyone who knows anything substantive.
I am freakin almost done with this company!

• Informative
Reactions: retco and jbrowdy
Today is my delivery day, well supposedly. An hour before the pick up time, the delivery center calls me to tell me that they have an issue. The car is showing an airbag warning despite the replacement! 😡 was told that they are trying to fix it and will call me back in a couple of hours.Of course no one has called. Now a new wait cycle starts and as always you can never reach anyone who knows anything substantive.
This makes me very nervous because I’ll be renting a car to drive 450 miles to service center. With only 1 hr lead time, I’m almost there for what? Hope this doesn’t happen and I have a perfect delivery.

Upgraded to 2022.12.3.1, now full charge showing advertised range. (MXLR - 22")
IMG_6525.jpg

Really sorry to hear that, but there’s still hope as I see “almost” done. Just thinking out loud here but could all these software related warnings have anything to do with Tesla’s faulty rewriting of chips that were not meant for their intended purposes in their efforts to deal with the chip shortage?

Reactions: retco and sukhi
Really sorry to hear that, but there’s still hope as I see “almost” done. Just thinking out loud here but could all these software related warnings have anything to do with Tesla’s faulty rewriting of chips that were not meant for their intended purposes in their efforts to deal with the chip shortage?
This particular issue has to do with the airbag recall. It seems they replaced the faulty bags but the warning sign has not resolved. Perhaps the install was incorrect. It seems mine is one of first cars to get the fix so the team has limited experience with it.

Rates in
Guys, 🤦‍♂️
I’ve done it. I now know I shouldn’t have, but I did.
I needed to rent a car and I rented a Model 3.
It’s the first Tesla I’ve been in, driven, played with etc.
I thought it would make the wait more tolerable but here I am. 😢
I have to turn it in tomorrow.
Now I sit and stare at JULY. … please come to me.
We bought a 3P when we realized the X wasn’t going to be “2 weeks”. Cleaned it out today, has me spoiled. Figure it’s a few more months for our X.

This new wave of field X's are not being documented, yes. A speedy recovery is hoped.
Agreed. But just remember without the drone video, we don't know if there are any Xs on the test track infield or not.

I drove past the factory today...the logistics lot looked pretty full, FWIW.

Bruce.