Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I fully understand your decision.
Tesla communication is the worst I've ever seen.
If I would not need a 6 seater, I would also cancel.

This poor communication made us buy an Fiat 500e instead of an Model 3SR as 2nd car.
Now, the pressure is a bit gone and if there is an good alternative coming, eg. an EQS, we'll get this and sell our remaining Model 3 Performance.

I'm with this company since 7 years now, but it kills step by step all of the sympathy I ever had.
Why cancel, when you can wait until VIN and make the decision then? How quickly can they build the EQS, and what happens if you have 2nd thoughts? Although I love the idea that there are so many behind you that are dying to get your car...

Seems like 5/6 seaters are moving along.
Some are, some aren't...My March 8, 2021 5 seater is still showing a July EDD. It's still beyond me how Tesla prioritizes orders, delivering on later orders before the early ones. I know that I'm not alone with that question and in that situation.🤬

Our April 25, 2021 order for a 5 seater (20" wheels, silver, black interior, FSD) (RN114853xxx) updated today from July to May 3 to May 23 EDD. No VIN yet. We are in NW Washington State -- and four hours or so (including a ferry ride) from Lynnwood, WA, our service center. So we're hoping (should the Gods grant us a VIN) for a problem free delivery.

Just posting a reminder to update your data, or enter it if you are new :)

I scrolled through and certainly see some stale data. Active TMC members with outdated EDDs, etc.

Just posting a reminder to update your data, or enter it if you are new :)

I scrolled through and certainly see some stale data. Active TMC members with outdated EDDs, etc.
Good reminder. I'm on it, thanks.

All great info. Only question is about insurance. I bought my 2020 Model 3 in September of 2020. I simply uploaded an insurance binder from my carrier and they accepted it pre-delivery. I’m also in GA. Maybe something has changed?
I dunno. I sold my MX in Feb 21 expecting delivery in March 21. I know, I know, yes, I'm crazy gullible. Someone at Tesla told me all I needed was a binder, which I secured and uploaded. Thursday, a kid in the delivery center called and said they did not accept binders. I needed to upload an actual insurance coverage card with the MX, including VIN, is listed. The kid also said the insurance should take effect 3 days prior to my taking delivery and extend a minimum of 60 days after delivery. I complied, but this is all I know.

Picked up today from Devon, PA. There were some minor alignment issues... they said to bring it back for a service appointment in -- I hesitate to say it, but two weeks -- to fix them. But they're all minor except for the trim underneath one of the FWDs is clearly not positioned quite right. Even that you'd hope would be an easy fix. The car itself is amazing, and it almost blew my mind when I merged onto the PA turnpike at 50mph and *then* hit the go pedal. The Model 3 doesn't pull anything like that once already at 50!

I like the yoke though I'm still getting used to it -- my fingers kept going for the "air stalk" to activate the turn signal. The only weird thing with the yoke is that it blocks visibility of the lower-left corner of the touch screen, so for instance I can't see the car icon. I haven't fooled with the seating and yoke position much yet, so maybe that can be avoided?

Vin 339xxx and FWIW no matrix headlights and pushing the center of the yoke doesn't trigger the horn.

IMG_6411.jpg

Picked up today from Devon, PA. There were some minor alignment issues... they said to bring it back for a service appointment in -- I hesitate to say it, but two weeks -- to fix them. But they're all minor except for the trim underneath one of the FWDs is clearly not positioned quite right. Even that you'd hope would be an easy fix. The car itself is amazing, and it almost blew my mind when I merged onto the PA turnpike at 50mph and *then* hit the go pedal. The Model 3 doesn't pull anything like that once already at 50!

I like the yoke though I'm still getting used to it -- my fingers kept going for the "air stalk" to activate the turn signal. The only weird thing with the yoke is that it blocks visibility of the lower-left corner of the touch screen, so for instance I can't see the car icon. I haven't fooled with the seating and yoke position much yet, so maybe that can be avoided?

Vin 339xxx and FWIW no matrix headlights and pushing the center of the yoke doesn't trigger the horn.

View attachment 799240
How are the headlights performing, despite not being matrix?

View attachment 799240
Congrats! That's my same configuration. Love the look!

View attachment 799240
SWEET!!!!

Hello, I have been following this thread for quite sometime. I currently have a 5 Seat LR on order with EDD of January 2022. I did NOT order the FSD. If I should decide to Add-On the FSD now ...will this change my EDD to sooner than January 2022? Is that the general consensus ?

Thankyou in Advance

Is Model X Refresh worth the wait? Sandy Munro thinks so. Sandy reviewed the Model S Plaid a couple of months back and it wowed him. His only real complaint was he thought the back seats in the S aren't comfortable enough. In the video linked here, one of Sandy's employees bought an X and brings it to work for him to look at. Sandy fiddles with the X, drives it around some and comments: "I'm changing my mind. I thought the S was the best car, but no, it's the X." He really likes it. (For those who don't know, Sandy Munro is a kind of guru who came up in the car business at Ford. He later left and started a consulting company on manufacturing/engineering. His clients range from companies that build rocket ships to all the major auto manufacturers. What he does is to buy a car, completely disassemble it and pass judgment on the design and engineering that is put into voluminous reports that cost clients 6 figures. He is highly thought of).

Sandy Munro Drives An X LR
Actually That was Chris from @DirtyT3sla . He’s a member here. Check out his YouTube Channel.

Hello, I have been following this thread for quite sometime. I currently have a 5 Seat LR on order with EDD of January 2022. I did NOT order the FSD. If I should decide to Add-On the FSD now ...will this change my EDD to sooner than January 2022? Is that the general consensus ?

Thankyou in Advance
You do realize Jan 2022 was 3 months ago.
If your order is showing that, it’s in limbo.

Make sure a loan or trade isn’t locking it up. EDD’s are not in the past.

But to your question. I don’t think adding FSD will change anything.

View attachment 799240
Sweet!

Is that a 6 seater?

Sweet!

Is that a 6 seater?
Yes it is. I also have to add that the stereo is darn impressive. I thought the Model 3 had a nice sound system but this puts it to shame.

And I need to check tomorrow but I think the 2nd row seat backs may recline. I thought one of the gripes on the older model was that the 6-seat 2nd row whole seat angled instead just the back reclining? Am I confused about that or have they changed it?

Sadly it seems like the 3rd row only has a single seat-back position (no recline like the 3rd row in the minivan we’re coming from). But having 2 USB ports right there in the 3rd row is pretty slick.

All right, but… I think I need Optimus to help switch out the thumb drive in the glove box. It’s at the very back and the space is so pinched with zero visibility once your paw is in there… I’d be embarrassed to say how long I spent trying to stick the Tesla thumb drive back in there after I took it out to see how big it was (128 GB). Kind of funny they feel they need a notice on the drive specifically excluding it from the vehicle warranty. 😂

There was a software update pending as soon as my phone connected to the car. It kept failing to install until I caught the momentary notice that I had to turn off Sentry mode to install it. So pro tip: turn off sentry mode to install the update.

I’m eager to try FSD but it was calibrating during the ride home and I haven’t gone anywhere meaningful since. I’ll try in the morning but it might be a while before I drive it peacefully enough to turn on the safety score to re-apply for the beta (which we have and I love on the 3). I’m consoling myself that I haven’t heard of anyone with a refresh X getting it yet anyway. Hopefully before too long. :)