Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In regards to oil companies: They are not extorting anyone...

Remind us again what business you are in? I am sure your organization has passed on stock options, personal pay raises, opportunities to increase the price of products... All in the name of being a nice organization, making sure to avoid even the appearance of "extortion"...

I am not saying oil companies are extra "nice", but they are companies made up of humans like you and me and are no different than Tesla, Facebook or AT&T. All trying to make a profit and a living for employees while delivering products and services that we all like / want....
I tend to disagree strongly. Not wanting to head too far off our topic here, but leaked docs have shown that oil companies have known about climate change for decades and decades and that their business product is one main cause of it. Instead of doing the right things, they have spent millions and millions buying politicians and ad campaigns to convince you and I otherwise. And have spent millions after millions with conned stories to convince us that other energy sources will not work even today. And their anti-competitive practices in California have kept prices artificially sky high. They are bad apples in multiple ways, and are financially rewarded handsomely for it. Their tactics are effective, I'm sorry to say.

And don't even get me started on the lead thing.

Last edited:
i see majority of people who ordered on Jan/feb21 are either showing july or august edd but there are lot of of them who ordered in march 21 and beyond received theirs even if it is 5 seater LR. Its very sad that people who got excited and ordered on or few days after refresh announcement date are severely punished with huge delays.
Is there a common thread among the Jan/Feb 2021 order dates who have not yet received a VIN?

Thanks for the tip. I am applying with DCU and can confirm they are still offering 1.99% on a 65 month. They will approve the rate for 45 days and if there is no VIN by the end of the 45 days, then I will have to reapply and hope DCU hasn’t raised its rates.
Sorry if I missed the answer to what is the process on how to apply for DCU loan? We have to pay to be a member first or something?

i see majority of people who ordered on Jan/feb21 are either showing july or august edd but there are lot of of them who ordered in march 21 and beyond received theirs even if it is 5 seater LR. Its very sad that people who got excited and ordered on or few days after refresh announcement date are severely punished with huge delays.
Yeah. Day one order here and crickets from Tesla. They’ve really lost a ton of goodwill with me on this.

Yeah. Day one order here and crickets from Tesla. They’ve really lost a ton of goodwill with me on this.
What's ironic is that I'd gladly give you my VIN that stuck at Fremont. I don't need the car right now, don't want this stuck VIN (339xxx), but may have already burned all of my delaying credits. Assuming the car is just waiting for a truck to ship to me, you could in theory go pick it up.

The rules against delaying delivery seem to do more harm than good, as both of us wind up annoyed with Tesla in the process.

I should’ve and asked for the VIN also lol. Turns out it might’ve not been mine as I was informed today that the car is still in Fremont awaiting a part but the SA couldn’t tell me what part or when to expect it…
You should have followed it, double-checked that it's essentially the same, then jump on it and declare it as yours - you know, possession is 9/10ths of the law. 😉

• Funny
Reactions: KidsEyeDr
What's ironic is that I'd gladly give you my VIN that stuck at Fremont. I don't need the car right now, don't want this stuck VIN (339xxx), but may have already burned all of my delaying credits. Assuming the car is just waiting for a truck to ship to me, you could in theory go pick it up.

The rules against delaying delivery seem to do more harm than good, as both of us wind up annoyed with Tesla in the process.
Hmm is this even possible? I will be in Southern Cali next week…what is your config?