Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sales Associate: essentially, a person hired to be the sacrificial front line interaction with customers. Usually has a little tidbit of information coming from head office, but otherwise as clueless as us as to what's really happening behind the scenes.
All new SA get their orientation and training on TMC forums and they usually log in to TMC every morning to get more updated information.

Well, guess what? After grousing all day yesterday about the new EDD (a bit of cursing also) I decided to look at my iPhone App to see what's going on. I now have an EDD of May 23 - June 13. Hazanga!! Some dill weed ran a key along my right front fender so the Blue Bat needs some cosmetic work.
We'll see. To be honest I'm excited. Will have to have a going away party for the old X.

Yesssss!!

All of this crazy EDD crap over the last few days reminded me about an optimistic little girl who was celebrating her 4th birthday.

Her parents said they had a surprise for her and walked her out to the back yard where the girl observed a 6 foot high pile of horse manure. She started jumping up and down in glee while expressing pure joy. Her parents asked her why she was so excited to see a pile of horseshit and she replied:

"I know there's a pony in there somewhere".

Let's keep looking for the pony 😉.

Sometimes, but in the best case they seem to be so overworked that they'll be difficult to reach and almost never return messages.

Worst case, they leave (turnover seems very high) and you MIGHT get assigned to a new one.
Worst case, they leave (turnover seems very high) and you MIGHT get assigned to a new one.

Since my order date (6/2021), I have gotten response from 6 different SA.

• Love
Reactions: mix261
This TMC forum is bad and good for my blood pressure. Blood boils at Dec-Apr range, then I brace my self for my edd, get depressed when it matches, then the next day back to TMC, see evidence that the edd range could just actually be a placeholder, then brace myself and open my app. Man.
Think of it as an emotional support group.

This TMC forum is bad and good for my blood pressure. Blood boils at Dec-Apr range, then I brace my self for my edd, get depressed when it matches, then the next day back to TMC, see evidence that the edd range could just actually be a placeholder, then brace myself and open my app. Man.
You have to admit though that it was a good workout. Lost a few pounds too, I bet.

Reactions: Great White
I reached out to Tesla order support on the recent and ridiculous updated EDD range of Dec 2022 - April 2023. They mentioned there will be another update in July. I tried to dig into that, but with no luck. Here was the canned response:
Thank you for reaching out. The aforementioned July update is for a estimated delivery update. Delivery timelines are not guaranteed and can change due to a variety of factors. Due to supply chain delays, etc., we have been seeing general shifts in estimated delivery windows. We do not have specific insight into the factory queue, so the date range presented in your account will be your best guideline until a VIN is assigned.

Mind you a few short weeks ago, I had an EDD of May 13 to June 3rd. Frustrating to say the least.

Being pushed to "December 2022 - April 2023" is a long time and I seriously need another car. So I decided to order an M3P last evening until I wait for MX. My other car is reaching almost 100K miles and I don't want to spend much on gas there. Surprisingly when I ordered last night, EDD was showing Aug 2022, and this morning it moved to Jul 10 - July 20.:eek: Still no traction on my MXLR :(

It seems Tesla is now only considering the latest orders since they earn more money from them. If my MX comes before July then I would cancel this. However, I know that won't be true. It's been more than a year of waiting for MX. So I lost being optimistic now :confused:

I am another one who went from delivering being cancelled an hour before the appointment to Dec-April23 delivery (I did reject the VIN after persistent delays). My problem with Tesla (more than its cars) is how contemptuous they are of their customers' time. This is reflective in the responsiveness, transparency and quality of their customer service. Such a major shift in EDD should have been followed by an email. When RIVIAN screwed up the pricing, they owned up and sent very effective communication to address the situation.
Right now my commitment to my MX order is defined by lack of another immediate option. Hopefully one of the other reserved options (BMW IX, Rivian, Lucid Air) will materialize sooner than MX EDD. I just want a reliable, high quality long range EV..

Being pushed to "December 2022 - April 2023" is a long time and I seriously need another car. So I decided to order an M3P last evening until I wait for MX. My other car is reaching almost 100K miles and I don't want to spend much on gas there. Surprisingly when I ordered last night, EDD was showing Aug 2022, and this morning it moved to Jul 10 - July 20.:eek: Still no traction on my MXLR :(

It seems Tesla is now only considering the latest orders since they earn more money from them. If my MX comes before July then I would cancel this. However, I know that won't be true. It's been more than a year of waiting for MX. So I lost being optimistic now :confused:
I ordered a M3P at end of last year to wait on MX....I was able to choose one from an inventory search - BUT, I have not seen an inventory available list as long since then.

• Informative
Reactions: n.one.one
I just got my 2nd VIN in the app earlier this week. Was waiting a few days to make sure it stuck around this time... 3/1/21 Order MXLR 6 Seat FSD 20" White/Tan

5YJXCBE53MF32XXXX

Somewhat interesting that its a 2021 being delivered this late in 2022 isn't it? I don't care as long as the car well put together. Anything I should be cautious with?
Where in the world has this car been for 7 months? Around Nov 1-5 they switched to 2022 VINs. Ask yourself, where was the car? What about the battery status and health? Those are the caution flags