Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was VIN’d for 3 days. I got my loan (credit union) paid the balance, submitted insurance same day and they took the VIN away from me today without notice. Unreal.
I live reasonably close to my local Tesla store, and I waited until I actually laid eyes on my VIN in the parking lot, and looked reasonably intact, before I released the funds. Until they actually unload the truck, they do not know for sure, what vehicles they actually have.

Reactions: Jbapckfan
Waiting over a year for my MX LR /6/FSD. With the recent departure of Andrej Karpathy, i'm slightly concerned about the future of FSD development. If it is indeed 'solved' and ready within "6 months", why would he leave without seeing his most important work being finished?

I am enjoying FSD Beta on my model S currently but thinking of cancelling and switching to monthly FSD subscription. Has anyone else cancelled FSD without a delay to their delivery?

Waiting over a year for my MX LR /6/FSD. With the recent departure of Andrej Karpathy, i'm slightly concerned about the future of FSD development. If it is indeed 'solved' and ready within "6 months", why would he leave without seeing his most important work being finished?

I am enjoying FSD Beta on my model S currently but thinking of cancelling and switching to monthly FSD subscription. Has anyone else cancelled FSD without a delay to their delivery?
Playing devil’s advocate, what if he is the reason all of these FSD promises have been missed?

Just wait until you have a VIN and the vehicle is at the delivery center. That's what I did. At that point they aren't going to switch VIN's on you.

Not sure if this has been covered here but couldn't find anything. Has anyone who has taken delivery so far got their MX LR with badging? Mine doesn't say MX anywhere on the car. Not that big of deal, I just know the pre-refresh did have them. The new plaid has a badge as well.

Not sure if this has been covered here but couldn't find anything. Has anyone who has taken delivery so far got their MX LR with badging? Mine doesn't say MX anywhere on the car. Not that big of deal, I just know the pre-refresh did have them. The new plaid has a badge as well.
No badges on the LR. If I had a Plaid, there would also be no badge. Badges were removed a couple of years ago. (Major ++ IMO)

Reactions: RC51 Tofuman
Time for me to join all you lovely folks in the Model X waiting room.

I placed an order for a Model X LR on July 6. Opted for the red multi-coat, white interior (Christmas-themed, as my wife likes to call it), 6 seater, and the 20" wheels. Submitted all the registration info along with putting info to trade in my 2022 Tesla Model S LR. The EDD was Jul - Sep 2023.

Then after playing around with in the Design Studio and seeing how folks in this forum were getting Plaids significantly sooner than the LR models, I switched my order to a Plaid yesterday. This morning I have an EDD of August 23 - October 4. After the waiting game for my Model S, I know this will be the first of many EDDs to come.

Time for me to join all you lovely folks in the Model X waiting room.

I placed an order for a Model X LR on July 6. Opted for the red multi-coat, white interior (Christmas-themed, as my wife likes to call it), 6 seater, and the 20" wheels. Submitted all the registration info along with putting info to trade in my 2022 Tesla Model S LR. The EDD was Jul - Sep 2023.

Then after playing around with in the Design Studio and seeing how folks in this forum were getting Plaids significantly sooner than the LR models, I switched my order to a Plaid yesterday. This morning I have an EDD of August 23 - October 4. After the waiting game for my Model S, I know this will be the first of many EDDs to come.
I switched to Plaid and didnt think it made any difference after waiting almost a year and a half. Now it looks like it may have made a difference for sure. If I hadn't switched I may not have had my spaceship by now.

Reactions: Kelryin
So I texted Tesla to ask why my order is on hold, they didn't tell me. But instead told me that my order will be canceled if it's still on hold on or after 7/25/22. I ordered around 6/23/21.

Would sucks if someone lose their order cuz they didn't notice that Tesla placed it on hold and then cancel it.
That is complete crap. Does that hold they put you (me included) on count against our one opportunity to place a hold on our orders is we actually wanted it as well?

• Helpful
Reactions: n.one.one
That is complete crap. Does that hold they put you (me included) on count against our one opportunity to place a hold on our orders is we actually wanted it as well?
Yes it does. I requested my order to be placed on hold as I got a VIN in the middle of buying a house and didn’t want it to hurt my chancing for getting the mortgage. The Tesla SA told me no problem and that my order could be on hold for as long as 90 days. A week later I got a letter from Tesla telling me the same thing they told you. “ that my order will be canceled if it is on hold past X date“ which is sugar! This message is from corporate Tesla and they will cancel your order, the SAs can’t help you at that point. This is what I was told.

I’m sure that you could have this escalated to a manager and they can look at your account to see you never requested a hold and give you another opportunity to put it on hold if you must, but good luck with that.

Reactions: Elixir
I’m sure that you could have this escalated to a manager and they can look at your account to see you never requested a hold and give you another opportunity to put it on hold if you must, but good luck with that.
Talked to an SA just now on the phone. They were surprised that the order was on hold and they removed it. Hopefully that is better than me clicking the button since they will have done it on their end.

That said he speculated that it was corporates way of seeing who was serious about their order and ready to take delivery. I personally doubt that myself. As I told the SA -- it'd be better just to call me and say "hey you still interested in that car you've been 'patiently' waiting for over the last 14+ months?"

It feels more like corporate trying to cancel the order passively and have a way to blame it on inaction on the customer's part.

Frustration is mounting for me, for sure.

This won't come as a surprise to those who follow this thread regularly.
Refreshed MX deliveries have almost stopped per the tracking spreadsheet. A total of only one delivery per week for the last two weeks.
The optimistic among us hope this means retooling for matrix headlights or other unknown goodies, but there have been no rumors to that effect...just blind hope.

1657826484464.png

Here is a link to the summary page.