Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seems like Production has again started after the pause of s./x

The person who posted this walked through the touchless pickup parking lot with their camera @ 3 minute mark. I went through it in slow motion and I can't spot a single new July Model X with updated headlights. :(

I guess we have to wait even longer.

The person who posted this walked through the touchless pickup parking lot with their camera @ 3 minute mark. I went through it in slow motion and I can't spot a single new July Model X with updated headlights. :(

I guess we have to wait even longer.
I am just still hoping those at 3 min mark is somehow from q2 and not q3 builds.. I am really hoping matrix can come in X specially when seems like there is no chance of getting a retrofit..

Because I feel like future updates for the Matrix Headlights will start getting all the cool updates possibly like dimming a zone around oncoming vehicles when even on high beam....

Last edited:
I would agree. But I can see their prospective. There are plenty of people that are waiting on a car and will take one with an older VIN, does not have matrix headlights, swiveling screen, etc. Stock is taking a tumble, cash is burning in Berlin and Austin, and the only thing will help is selling cars aka moving the metal. Time to put pressure on people to take the car they ordered or get out of line and deliver the car to another customer.
I don't think so because people who come to take delivery with a list of check maps and ready to reject delivery if it doesn't match their expectations
Fair enough. But why do they have to cancel the order if the buyer didn't react within less than 2 weeks? If Tesla just wants to clear out their inventory more quickly, no problem, give the car to whom can take delivery right now and further delay the on-hold orders to Q4 2022 or even 2023. But no more unexpected cancellations!
Rejection is worse than order cancelation I guess

This won't come as a surprise to those who follow this thread regularly.
Refreshed MX deliveries have almost stopped per the tracking spreadsheet. A total of only one delivery per week for the last two weeks.
The optimistic among us hope this means retooling for matrix headlights or other unknown goodies, but there have been no rumors to that effect...just blind hope.

View attachment 828547

Here is a link to the summary page.
Maybe 4680 battery pack hopefully as the Y got the battery 4680 pack so i expect the Flagship models should get them soon

No badges is cool with me! I was just curious. It is unusual, but I kinda like it. Oddly enough, I just put my license plate on this morning and the plate holder that they supply has Model X at the bottom of it...
If you mean the black one, yes it is there, but very subdued. It is not visible from more than a few feet away. I'm ok with that.

Reactions: FDEWEESE