Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This won't come as a surprise to those who follow this thread regularly.
Refreshed MX deliveries have almost stopped per the tracking spreadsheet. A total of only one delivery per week for the last two weeks.
The optimistic among us hope this means retooling for matrix headlights or other unknown goodies, but there have been no rumors to that effect...just blind hope.

View attachment 828547

Here is a link to the summary page.
Thank you for this info, I am hoping the same maybe retooling for Matrix .. or Something :) more maybe interior lighting ?

Reactions: cjkosh
The Holds now make sense:

A temporary hold has been placed on your order to confirm that you still intend to take delivery. If you are ready to take delivery, sign in to your Telsa Account and select “I’m Ready” before July 25, 2022. We will update you when a vehicle becomes available.​

If your order remains on hold on July 25, 2022 or is placed on hold again, we will assume that you no longer wish to take delivery. Your order will be automatically canceled and your order fee forfeited.​

Forgot to say that I just got this email.
The Holds now make sense:

A temporary hold has been placed on your order to confirm that you still intend to take delivery. If you are ready to take delivery, sign in to your Telsa Account and select “I’m Ready” before July 25, 2022. We will update you when a vehicle becomes available.​

If your order remains on hold on July 25, 2022 or is placed on hold again, we will assume that you no longer wish to take delivery. Your order will be automatically canceled and your order fee forfeited.​

I feel like it is indeed their intention.
I would agree. But I can see their prospective. There are plenty of people that are waiting on a car and will take one with an older VIN, does not have matrix headlights, swiveling screen, etc. Stock is taking a tumble, cash is burning in Berlin and Austin, and the only thing will help is selling cars aka moving the metal. Time to put pressure on people to take the car they ordered or get out of line and deliver the car to another customer.

I would agree. But I can see their prospective. There are plenty of people that are waiting on a car and will take one with an older VIN, does not have matrix headlights, swiveling screen, etc. Stock is taking a tumble, cash is burning in Berlin and Austin, and the only thing will help is selling cars aka moving the metal. Time to put pressure on people to take the car they ordered or get out of line and deliver the car to another customer.
Fair enough. But why do they have to cancel the order if the buyer didn't react within less than 2 weeks? If Tesla just wants to clear out their inventory more quickly, no problem, give the car to whom can take delivery right now and further delay the on-hold orders to Q4 2022 or even 2023. But no more unexpected cancellations!

Reactions: cjkosh and Elixir

I get this. But it appears that almost no one around these pages in the US has received a VIN or taken delivery these last couple weeks. I’m sure some have outside these walls but we don’t know that. My thing is if there are vehicles laying around that match our configs I’m sure we would’ve received the VINs by now. So maybe they worked their way through inventory and now are retooling the MX production line. In which case why place cars on hold? I’m obviously just speculating.

Refreshed MX deliveries have almost stopped per the tracking spreadsheet. A total of only one delivery per week for the last two weeks.
The optimistic among us hope this means retooling for matrix headlights or other unknown goodies, but there have been no rumors to that effect...just blind hope.

View attachment 828547

But I passed the Fremont Tesla parking lots i saw MX every day from July01.. Yesterday when i drove on 880 i saw one truck fully load with only White Model X & S. ....Well I hope they really pay attention on us, owner of MX / S and keep improving the goodie in our orders.

But I passed the Fremont Tesla parking lots i saw MX every day from July01.. Yesterday when i drove on 880 i saw one truck fully load with only White Model X & S. ....Well I hope they really pay attention on us, owner of MX / S and keep improving the goodie in our orders.
Wonder if they are all the orders that they are currently delivering in Canada

Reactions: phasemargin
I get this. But it appears that almost no one around these pages in the US has received a VIN or taken delivery these last couple weeks. I’m sure some have outside these walls but we don’t know that. My thing is if there are vehicles laying around that match our configs I’m sure we would’ve received the VINs by now. So maybe they worked their way through inventory and now are retooling the MX production line. In which case why place cars on hold? I’m obviously just speculating.
By last couple of weeks if you mean in the first month of this quarter than as I understand it, this is not unusual.

Here is how it was explained to a roomful of us hopeful new owners waiting for our cars by a production manager from the factory a few years back. Tesla wants to ship as many cars as possible in the quarter. So, in the beginning of a quarter, they make and ship cars that have to go the furthest. Overseas or at least out of country. And since Fremont is still the only place that makes all the models that may mean pulling people off certain lines to make cars that have to put into container ships and shipped overseas. Then as the quarter proceeds, they shift people back to vehicles with shorter transit times. Now, this does not mean that no cars are delivery in North America early in the quarter. Just that it is fewer in the first month or so, than in later months. And of course, local Bay Area deliveries are last. This last one was what I suspect caused my X to have a delivery date at the factory of 3 days before the end of Q1.

Now with respect to the X and possible new updates like the Matrix headlights, that could also be a factor. But Tesla has made some pretty big changes quickly. The 2018 X went from MCU1 to MCU2 in a few days.

Last edited:
Reactions: kriskros91

View attachment 828547

Seems like Production has again started after the pause of s./x