Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here is the link. If you have a vin you can check. Ship is still in Baltimore. Expected to leave tomorrow and arrive in Europe Dec 2nd
And here you can track
Beemer_guy in the group linked above there was a discussion about a second or even third ship for Europe. As your EDD is later than mine (nov30-dec7) I would assume that yours will be on one of the other ship that arrive later. But just my guess. This one guy there Mr. miserable knows everything about the shippings so if you wanna get first hand information you better follow this discussion

Got my VIN this morning... EDD Nov 20-27

PF so assume its a 2023
Same here and then it was followed by an email telling me to choose my delivery date. I was a bit surprised because my EDD was Nov. 30 - Jan. 5 previously. The only dates available are Friday and Saturday of Thanksgiving weekend when I'll be out of town. I'm hoping they'll let me pick it up the following week.

Same here and then it was followed by an email telling me to choose my delivery date. I was a bit surprised because my EDD was Nov. 30 - Jan. 5 previously. The only dates available are Friday and Saturday of Thanksgiving weekend when I'll be out of town. I'm hoping they'll let me pick it up the following week.
Picking up Tuesday. Went to service center today and set everything up - car was locked up in the back so couldn’t see it. Excited 😆

Can’t believe I’m back here again.

Ordered LR/6/20/blue/white/fsd January 2022 and current EDD 12/10-1/21. I need the vehicle for tax purposes and considering updating to Plaid to ensure end of year delivery. Plaid still has an EDD November to December though we all know that’s an estimate and could go over still.

• Love
Reactions: tierneyalvin
Picked up our X yesterday. 522 days after we ordered. Everything on the car is perfect. Drives like a dream. The UI is a little different from our Model 3 and will take a bit to get used to. The Yoke is great, turn signals will take a little while to get muscle memory, but the car is amazing overall.
Getting stealth wrap next week. Good luck to everyone still waiting.

Anyone here consider other large EVs? We’ve waited over a year and now don’t know if we still want the X. We have a model 3 and love it but unsure if the X is worth the premium
Considering X’s price is almost double the 3 or Y, strictly speaking I don’t think it’s worth the premium because the X is not twice as good as the 3 or Y. However, there are things in X that you can’t get in 3 and Y, such as air suspension, 6 seaters, FWD, etc. The driving dynamic is also different. 3 is very fun and agile. X is buttery smooth and more refined. Consider X as a luxury item. And just like any other luxury items, they are usually not worth the price. But if you can afford it, then by no means buy it and enjoy it. I really enjoy my X. Luckily for me, we got it when the price was still a lot lower than the current MSRP. That made the decision a lot easier.

And if you are considering other large EVs, here is the YouTube video of Tesla Model X and Rivian R1S comparison. After watching the video, I think I will still like the X better.

X successfully obtained. Inside was as good as outside. Literally nothing I could find. I even was trapped in the car for over 1.5 hours due to a system issue which Tesla had to work out (my wife kept signing the e-docs and their system wouldn't recognize it on their end even while we all watched it go successfully on her phone and then the Tesla computer).

Anyways, the car is a little awkward to drive as compared to my S mainly because of the added height but also the yoke. I hope I will get used to it but I accidentally honked while pulling out from my driveway and I feel a little out of place. Stalks would really make a big difference and I'm puzzled why they are absent. The drive is amazing. It is quieter than my S but not quite a pronounced difference. I like the one pedal driving. I'm instantly used to it and don't mind losing the ability to accidentally roll backwards at hills.

Due to the delay, I haven't done much with the car yet. The AP is still calibrating. I did not get swindled into buying FSD this time. I was pleased green light chime and other perks are bleeding into the free domain.

The trunk has great potential for storage and the X frunk is way bigger than my S.

We leave for a Thanksgiving road trip. I'll learn a lot more and report back but I've got that Tesla grin. Car is fast and fun and it seems to be far more refined than I gave up in my 2016 (though I miss real leather seats and steering WHEEL).

Considering X’s price is almost double the 3 or Y, strictly speaking I don’t think it’s worth the premium because the X is not twice as good as the 3 or Y. However, there are things in X that you can’t get in 3 and Y, such as air suspension, 6 seaters, FWD, etc. The driving dynamic is also different. 3 is very fun and agile. X is buttery smooth and more refined. Consider X as a luxury item. And just like any other luxury items, they are usually not worth the price. But if you can afford it, then by no means buy it and enjoy it. I really enjoy my X. Luckily for me, we got it when the price was still a lot lower than the current MSRP. That made the decision a lot easier.

And if you are considering other large EVs, here is the YouTube video of Tesla Model X and Rivian R1S comparison. After watching the video, I think I will still like the X better.

That’s true. The fit and finish of rivian turned me away. We’re looking at Mercedes’ EQS SUV and BMW iX now. They definitely have a more luxury feel but it’s hard to turn away from Tesla. Our order price is 108k so not as much as current but still a big amount

ok. Pls let me kn how it goes tom. mine pickup is friday. thanks.
All worked out ... Found the VIN today and let me obtain the policy..

Picked it up today ... few minor gaps, a small mark on the door - which they repaired while I waited ..

Fun car .... although having issues calibrating the autopilot ... going to try again tomorrow - maybe a reset in order ?

D8BC6BBD-8C4B-4256-870B-1ABC3BB90BDB.jpeg