Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm backkkkk!!!
Ordered a Model X LR when the refresh was announced..
After seeing tons of people getting their cars in Plaid Trim, I changed my order to be a Plaid.
Got the car about 2-3 weeks later.
Paid $157k All in..
Prices started to drop, and I had the usual issues from the beginning production rush where things just weren't perfect.. I ended up selling the car for $127k. Quick 30k Loss, but I just decided to eat it as it appeared prices would only continue to go down.

Fast forward to last weeks announcement where the price dropped another 22k!
I ordered another Plaid, Exact same config I had before.
If you consider the price I paid today, vs what I lost selling my old one. Im not longer at a 30k loss, I potentially profited 2k (If you wanna look at it like that). That's assuming it wont continue to drop lol. Probably will, but I feel like its very close to the bottom price now..

So anyway, I ordered a Model X Plaid, Blue Exterior, White Interior, 20" wheels.
Hoping for delivery by the end of the month! but im also hopeful that they will offer some sort of incentive.. (Like 3 years free supercharging like last quarter) that would be icing on the cake!
Time will tell.

• Funny
Reactions: Tiger
So, new prices announced. Interesting to see if it's going to move any of the accumulated inventory.
Sure, it'll make a dent, perhaps a small one.

However, wouldn't it be far, far smarter to just fix the structural defects in the cars instead?

1. Horn center press was promised in an Elon Tweet over a year ago: crickets since, and the horn remains effectively unusable when the wheel or yoke is turned. Safety issue.

2. Turn signals remain unsafe. Whenever vehicle is turning, particularly in traffic circles or when parallel parking, the turn signals are nearly unusable. Simply stunning that this made it out the public.

Elon, please fix these errors. Cost cutting went WAAAAY too far when you removed the center horn button and turn signal stalk.

Sure, it'll make a dent, perhaps a small one.

However, wouldn't it be far, far smarter to just fix the structural defects in the cars instead?

1. Horn center press was promised in an Elon Tweet over a year ago: crickets since, and the horn remains effectively unusable when the wheel or yoke is turned. Safety issue.

Isn't the new Highlander steering wheel compatible with S/X? It has center horn.

How long does Tesla give you to fill out the pre-delivery tasks before canceling your order?

Funny you say that because we ordered our Model X on Saturday with the goal of holding as long as we can because we don’t want to take delivery until December (we want a 2024 model year). It took them until Wednesday to start sending texts saying we were unresponsive and app showed we were at risk of cancellation. So we filled out the details today, now showing a Oct to Nov delivery. We’re hoping that slips to Dec.

Reactions: YellowJacketMS
Funny you say that because we ordered our Model X on Saturday with the goal of holding as long as we can because we don’t want to take delivery until December (we want a 2024 model year). It took them until Wednesday to start sending texts saying we were unresponsive and app showed we were at risk of cancellation. So we filled out the details today, now showing a Oct to Nov delivery. We’re hoping that slips to Dec.
Lmao, that was my strategy too. I wanted to delay as long as possible. I don’t have any need for it ASAP to meet any FSD transfer type time limits. I had an R1S on order as well, so I wasn’t really in a hurry, but this price drop made me pull the trigger. Was considering the Y as well but it is borderline too small with two small kids, but when X was 2x the price for a Y it just didn’t seem like a good value.

Mine was originally showing Sep-Oct delivery. It has now slipped to Oct-Nov. so it’s likely it will from the looks of things.