Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed Model S LR/ Plaid with Valet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My new Model S LR arrives Monday (Hopefully). I use a valet service at the DFW airport when I travel and I have a few trips coming up. I am a bit concerned that the Valet may have issues figuring out the gear selection process for the car. Has anyone used Valet and should I even worry about it?

Thanks
Dave

Reactions: hcdavis3
My new Model S LR arrives Monday (Hopefully). I use a valet service at the DFW airport when I travel and I have a few trips coming up. I am a bit concerned that the Valet may have issues figuring out the gear selection process for the car. Has anyone used Valet and should I even worry about it?

Thanks
Dave
What’s a valet?

Not going there with new car and yoke 🙂

I just had to take my LR in to get a TAG installed. The first guy figured it out but the second one didn't. I had to go into the shop and reverse it out for him. He was totally confused. I think you just need to tell them to put in reverse on the left hand side of the screen.
As a side note, they all asked what it was like with the yoke. No one asked how it was to drive or anything, just can you drive with that yoke!

I just take a moment to explain how the forward and reverse works to the valet if they done already know.

We were all able to figure it out when taking delivery right? Sure, we obsessively watched YouTube videos about how it works, but as soon as you know it’s easy.

Sorry if I'm incorrect as I don't have a Palladium S or X, but according to the User Manual, when you put the car into Valet mode using the "Driver Profiles" on the MCU or through the Tesla app, the center console buttons light up so you can shift by pressing P, R, N or D just below the wireless charging pads:

1639005077037.png