Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Refreshed" Model S model VIBRATION tracking and information thread!!!

What version of "Refreshed" Model S do you drive?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok, so I can feel the HVAC vibration but I don’t have any other vibration, so do you still think I have it but can’t feel it?
How many miles do you have on the car?

Have you tried lightly pressing the accelerator between 40-50 mph? Then quickly release the pedal and it should go away. I notice it also on on-ramps to the highway. Also on autopilot in the range 40-50 mph.

How many miles do you have on the car?

Have you tried lightly pressing the accelerator between 40-50 mph? Then quickly release the pedal and it should go away. I notice it also on on-ramps to the highway. Also on autopilot in the range 40-50 mph.
Yes, I've tried it all. Believe me, I know that your cars are suffering from it, but not mine. Mine has been on lowering links from the first week of ownership. I can't say if that's a factor or not, but it's a data point. I know Jeb is going to experiment. I'm at 6200 miles.

Yes, I've tried it all. Believe me, I know that your cars are suffering from it, but not mine. Mine has been on lowering links from the first week of ownership. I can't say if that's a factor or not, but it's a data point. I know Jeb is going to experiment. I'm at 6200 miles.
Interesting.... I didn't have it for the first 1,000 miles, and I really tried to look for it.

I wonder if I have the half shafts replaced and then force the car to "low" after they are fixed, if it will keep it from happening again.

How much do your lowering links lower the car?

Yes. jebinc, and his vibrating Plaid, will get N2itive MXS-2 Plaid lowering links, Signature SV104 wheels, and new sneakers this weekend. Should have a report for everyone early next week. Want to give it a few days before making a ruling on the links (Re impact or not on the vibration)!

@WilliamG

This week I will visit the service center in Lancaster Pa as they never picked up, or returned a call. I hopefully will be able to come away with a recently replaced driveshaft verified to be from a refresh S. All Tesla service centers might be required to return all warranty replaced shafts back to engineering at Tesla, or hopefully in a scrap bin I can access. If I am lucky to obtain the correct shaft I will perform a forensic teardown, with pictures. Film at eleven...