Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Refreshed" Model S model VIBRATION tracking and information thread!!!

What version of "Refreshed" Model S do you drive?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picking up Plaid X on Saturday, and have the issue with the Plaid S right now, so I’ll let you all know if I experience the same vibration. It’s becoming really bothersome honestly, because i feel like something, that i don’t know of yet, may be worsening.

Picking up Plaid X on Saturday, and have the issue with the Plaid S right now, so I’ll let you all know if I experience the same vibration. It’s becoming really bothersome honestly, because i feel like something, that i don’t know of yet, may be worsening.
It definitely worsens with time and mileage; at least that has been my experience. .

Reactions: Lesran
Wanted to register to this forum and chime in on this thread because I have the exact same issue described.

2022 Model S Plaid (took delivery earlier this month) and I definitely have the vibrations described. It started on the SECOND drive with this car. It sucks that I have a well built car and have this vibration issue.

• Informative
Reactions: jebinc and yerEVan
Wanted to register to this forum and chime in on this thread because I have the exact same issue described.

2022 Model S Plaid (took delivery earlier this month) and I definitely have the vibrations described. It started on the SECOND drive with this car. It sucks that I have a well built car and have this vibration issue.

Thanks for sharing that your new 2022 has this same vibration that many of us are suffering with. You might find these threads helpful as well.

@WilliamG

Sorry to hear it. Can you provide some more details on what conditions it occurs for you?

Reactions: jebinc
Sorry to hear it. Can you provide some more details on what conditions it occurs for you?
Absolutely, apologies for being vague with my first post.

- 2022 Model S Plaid (Red Multi-Coat / 22'' arachnid wheels / FSD / black carbon fiber interior)
- Took delivery Feb 15, 2022
- Last 6 digits of VIN - 472158

It is way more pronounced during my first drive in the morning. I've read in previous posts that it is worse during cold weather, and I would agree. It is pretty bad on my end. It feels like I'm driving over thousands of mini speed bumps during the first mile. It starts at right about 30mph as others noted. It is absolutely most noticeably between 30-40 mph and then begins to tapper off, but still there until I reach about 50 mph. It might just be me, but I don't think it goes away past 50 mph in some instances.

The vibrations are primary felt through the acceleration pedal and yoke steering wheel. It might be felt in other places, but I haven't honestly haven't checked.

After driving awhile it about one mile, it gets less severe, it might be because of the warmer weather? My car is parked in the garage overnight , so the car itself if cold when I leave. I do pre-heat the car every morning 10-15 minutes before leaving and does nothing.

Changing the suspension settings does nothing for me. Changing to sport or plaid does nothing except move out of the 30-50 mph range quicker. I would say keeping it in chill makes it most intense because of the slow acceleration. So I try to keep it in sport and try to quickly accelerate out of my most problematic range of 30-40mph.

When I start coming to a stop, the vibrations start to creeps back in, even when no acceleration being pressed.

As other folks in this same situation, its crazy this is happening to such an expensive vehicle. Like I'm genuinely bummed this is happening. I love, love, love, the vehicle otherwise. It's hard to enjoy it when such a janky vibration hits the car on each and every single drive out.

Happy to answer any specific when I can.

- 2022 Model S Plaid (Red Multi-Coat / 22'' arachnid wheels / FSD / black carbon fiber interior)

It is way more pronounced during my first drive in the morning. I've read in previous posts that it is worse during cold weather, and I would agree. It is pretty bad on my end. It feels like I'm driving over thousands of mini speed bumps during the first mile. It starts at right about 30mph as others noted. It is absolutely most noticeably between 30-40 mph and then begins to tapper off, but still there until I reach about 50 mph. It might just be me, but I don't think it goes away past 50 mph in some instances.

The vibrations are primary felt through the acceleration pedal and yoke steering wheel. It might be felt in other places, but I haven't honestly haven't checked.

After driving awhile it about one mile, it gets less severe, it might be because of the warmer weather? My car is parked in the garage overnight , so the car itself if cold when I leave. I do pre-heat the car every morning 10-15 minutes before leaving and does nothing.

Changing the suspension settings does nothing for me. Changing to sport or plaid does nothing except move out of the 30-50 mph range quicker. I would say keeping it in chill makes it most intense because of the slow acceleration. So I try to keep it in sport and try to quickly accelerate out of my most problematic range of 30-40mph.

When I start coming to a stop, the vibrations start to creeps back in, even when no acceleration being pressed.

As other folks in this same situation, its crazy this is happening to such an expensive vehicle. Like I'm genuinely bummed this is happening. I love, love, love, the vehicle otherwise. It's hard to enjoy it when such a janky vibration hits the car on each and every single drive out.

Model S or X? Have you tried track mode and rear bias to see if it eliminates it? Yours sounds particularly bad....

Reactions: jebinc
I have a model x plaid. Can confirm I experience the same vibration. There isn’t a model x thread yet on this.
Great. I picked up my '22 Model X plaid last Thursday as well and experience same vibration. I thought maybe it's a tire temp issue as it seems to go away after the car warms up. Really not happy to hear everyone experiencing same thing - seems to be a design flaw. The last thing I want is for my $135k car back in Tesla Service for who knows how long.

• Informative
Reactions: scrapps
Great. I picked up my '22 Model X plaid last Thursday as well and experience same vibration. I thought maybe it's a tire temp issue as it seems to go away after the car warms up. Really not happy to hear everyone experiencing same thing - seems to be a design flaw. The last thing I want is for my $135k car back in Tesla Service for who knows how long.

@njcycleguy It really is, and Tesla is sticking there head in the sand on it, currently.
@WilliamG

Where did you find 22” Arachnids?

We have company, unfortunately…

Sorry to hear all the above. Reading this made me nervous as I have felt occasional vibration when under full acceleration. But it was not consistent so I figured maybe it was the uneven pavement. I just went out on a quick errand and tested it again on smooth surface and I don't have any vibration. I also only have 1k miles. Mine is a 2022 LR, last 6 of vin is: 469544.