Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Refreshed" Model S model VIBRATION tracking and information thread!!!

What version of "Refreshed" Model S do you drive?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 6/21 delivery driver mirror vibrated. They replaced it immediately and that one vibrated. They offered to replace again and I said wait until there is a fix. A few months later they replaced it and it has been rock solid ever since.
Interesting. My 6/22 S driver’s mirror vibrates a little, still. Definitely more than the passenger side, though I don’t think it’s as bad as my 8/21 S, which was really bad.

Software 11.1 updated last week. No more vibration. No idea if there is a real correlation or I just slipped into a parallel universe where my car no longer annoys the *sugar* out of me every day. There is a faint ghost of it left, but barely perceptible now, even through strong acceleration, etc. Anyone else notice a recent difference? I'm pretty happy about it. No other physical change to the hardware on my end.

Software 11.1 updated last week. No more vibration. No idea if there is a real correlation or I just slipped into a parallel universe where my car no longer annoys the *sugar* out of me every day. There is a faint ghost of it left, but barely perceptible now, even through strong acceleration, etc. Anyone else notice a recent difference? I'm pretty happy about it. No other physical change to the hardware on my end.
11.1? Also people tend to chime in every now and then and say it’s reduced/gone, and it never has been as far as any of are aware…

What version is that? I'm on 2022.44.25.5 and I still have the vibration.

Reactions: WilliamG
Yes i have noticed this phenomenon only to realize at a later time i still have vibration. Seems to vary based on weather

According to some third party companies, this vibration is the result of some relatively weak parts. While searching I ran into this. No. I am not affiliated with them. But these guys say it is a design issue. Has anyone tried these kits?

According to some third party companies, this vibration is the result of some relatively weak parts. While searching I ran into this. No. I am not affiliated with them. But these guys say it is a design issue. Has anyone tried these kits?

Interesting write up. Most of the content seems familiar, as if it came from somewhere on TMC..../s

I believe the originator of this thread is quite experienced in this matter.

That article is all about the previous generation half shaft problem. This is a new, but maybe related problem...

That article is all about the previous generation half shaft problem. This is a new, but maybe related problem...
I was wondering about that. Okay.

I am on version 2022.44.30.5. The vibration is there. Faint in straight line. Very prominent while turning. I.e. hard cornering. Not that I do that a lot but this card is really weird while in a corner and pushing it too. It was not like this at all when it was new. I have 19k on it now.

• Informative
Reactions: aerodyne
I was wondering about that. Okay.

I am on version 2022.44.30.5. The vibration is there. Faint in straight line. Very prominent while turning. I.e. hard cornering. Not that I do that a lot but this card is really weird while in a corner and pushing it too. It was not like this at all when it was new. I have 19k on it now.
I am on the same version. I don't think the vibration changes while turning. I've only replicated it in a straight line, under light acceleration. You can go into track mode and rear torque bias and it will disappear.