Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Refreshed" Model S model VIBRATION tracking and information thread!!!

What version of "Refreshed" Model S do you drive?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In the last 2 days on 2023.27.6 I believe I felt the vibration once but it was extremely subtle and hard to tell for sure. Having said that, on the same day I got the update I also installed my new 20" lightweight forged wheels and new ps 4s tires in track package sizes.

It's amazing how different the steering/handling of the car feels with lightweight 20s compared to the stock 21s. It feels way more nimble and the ride quality is improved as well.

I'll report back after I do more testing.

In the last 2 days on 2023.27.6 I believe I felt the vibration once but it was extremely subtle and hard to tell for sure. Having said that, on the same day I got the update I also installed my new 20" lightweight forged wheels and new ps 4s tires in track package sizes.

It's amazing how different the steering/handling of the car feels with lightweight 20s compared to the stock 21s. It feels way more nimble and the ride quality is improved as well.

I'll report back after I do more testing.
Yeah we don't believe you...

We are going to need some pics and possibly offset and width specs.

Reactions: AAKEE
Yeah we don't believe you...
20231001_135016.jpg
20231001_135045.jpg
20231001_135055.jpg

We are going to need some pics and possibly offset and width specs.
Parked in cheetah stance mode lol.

Tsportline txl115 staggered setup

Took delivery of my 2023 MSP with 21”s (built on 9/20/2023), no FSD, software version is 2023.32.100 and I haven’t noticed any vibration whatsoever … granted I’ve driven 600 miles so far with several launches, etc.
This thread says issue should arise within a range of 2k to 5k miles? if so, I’ll have to wait a bit then, otherwise vibration free.

Reactions: n2mb_racing
Took delivery of my 2023 MSP with 21”s (built on 9/20/2023), no FSD, software version is 2023.32.100 and I haven’t noticed any vibration whatsoever … granted I’ve driven 600 miles so far with several launches, etc.
This thread says issue should arise within a range of 2k to 5k miles? if so, I’ll have to wait a bit then, otherwise vibration free.
Correct the rear camber so you don't burn through a set of tires for no reason. My first rear set lasted 5k miles.

Correct the rear camber so you don't burn through a set of tires for no reason. My first rear set lasted 5k miles.
please elaborate on “correct the rear camber” … does that mean Tesla is delivering cars with incorrect rear camber? I’m assuming they would not and you wouldn’t need to do that in a brand new car.
Will a simple alignment at Mavis or Midas be enough? or should I look for third party parts, i.e, rear camber arm kits or something?

please elaborate on “correct the rear camber” … does that mean Tesla is delivering cars with incorrect rear camber? I’m assuming they would not and you wouldn’t need to do that in a brand new car.
Will a simple alignment at Mavis or Midas be enough? or should I look for third party parts, i.e, rear camber arm kits or something?
It is all relative. They come with a lot of negative rear camber from the factory. This is great for track performance, but tire life suffers tremendously. If you spend all your time on the track, then no correction needed. If you drive your car on the street, then there is likely way too much negative camber. Not to mention likely the toe specs are off from the factory or at the far end of what you'd want on the street as well. It is made worse when in the low setting of the suspension.

This results in accelerated tire wear, mostly on the inner rear tire. About a 1 inch strip of the tire will be down to the cords while the rest of the tire has a lot more tire left. People have experienced unexpected blowouts at inopportune times because of this. My rear tires were gone in 5k miles. That puts my tire wear cost for that set at about 22 cents a mile.

So fix the camber or go with something other than 21's. I fixed the camber which stopped my accelerated tire wear and also went to 20's. Problem solved for me.

• Informative
Reactions: myptomsp
Took delivery of my LR with Arachnids on 11/6/23. Knew about this issue. Even with 16 miles at delivery, the car exhibited the behavior - from about 42-60+.

Can be felt only in the accelerator.

I also get a soft high pitched whine that “chatters”, both under slight acceleration, cruising, and deceleration. Normal?

Took delivery of my LR with Arachnids on 11/6/23. Knew about this issue. Even with 16 miles at delivery, the car exhibited the behavior - from about 42-60+.

Can be felt only in the accelerator.

I also get a soft high pitched whine that “chatters”, both under slight acceleration, cruising, and deceleration. Normal?
Yes, and yes. The high-pitched whine can vary car to car, and if you cruise at just the "right" speed, you'll notice it more. This is why music is imperative in electric cars. You just tend to hear... well... everything, otherwise. Congrats on the new car!

Yes, and yes. The high-pitched whine can vary car to car, and if you cruise at just the "right" speed, you'll notice it more. This is why music is imperative in electric cars. You just tend to hear... well... everything, otherwise. Congrats on the new car!
I was not going to add to the noise on this thread and complain, but yes, I have the whine too as described, since delivery.