Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed MS LR/Plaid Firmware status

What version are you currently running?

Votes: 15 19.2%
  • 2021.12.25.x (Please specify "x" below)

Votes: 4 5.1%
  • 2021.24.x (Please specify "x" below)

Votes: 20 25.6%
  • Other; please specify below

Votes: 39 50.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Confirmation of @jebinc theory from @ Green on Twitter

View attachment 718755
Yep. That about confirms it. It’s interesting that I have no pending update now at 2021.32.5. Maybe Tesla got angry that I ignored their requests for installing 2021.32.10 and the .22 FSD-button release. Wonder if I’ll get offered the .36 release or if you’ve bought FSD, opted in to the BETA or not, you’ll get a different version presented to you.

Yep. That about confirms it. It’s interesting that I have no pending update now at 2021.32.5. Maybe Tesla got angry that I ignored their requests for installing 2021.32.10 and the .22 FSD-button release. Wonder if I’ll get offered the .36 release?
Likely not, as you have a FSD Plaid. I suspect you will get the yoke improvements via some update after 2021.36.x. Same for the the rest of us FSD yokers. I do wonder, however, if us FSD yokers, who make it into the FSD beta program (100 score) this weekend, will see those improvements in the v10.2 FSD Beta firmware release this weekend? Time will tell, I guess.

Can you confirm if it’s a soft press to enable them or a hard press? i.e. did Tesla eliminate the soft press or the hard press?
I drove the car today after the SW update. It is a hard press and is so much better. After a turn it automatically turns off and there are no phantom turns signals when your fingers hover over it.
Tesla replaced the original summer tires with All-season tires this morning. They offered to give me those 4 times (brand new) but I had no use for it and I would not take it in my new car.
For some reason this car does not have Summon feature that I had in my 2015 Model S 85. Maybe they will enable this feature in one of the SW updates. It seems that the OS in the MS-LR and Plaid is different than other cars.

I drove the car today after the SW update. It is a hard press and is so much better. After a turn it automatically turns off and there are no phantom turns signals when your fingers hover over it.
Tesla replaced the original summer tires with All-season tires this morning. They offered to give me those 4 times (brand new) but I had no use for it and I would not take it in my new car.
For some reason this car does not have Summon feature that I had in my 2015 Model S 85. Maybe they will enable this feature in one of the SW updates. It seems that the OS in the MS-LR and Plaid is different than other cars.
No FSD in your car, correct?

Found that the blinker turns off when changing lane to the turning lane where I want it to stay on. Better but still has quirks.

Found that the blinker turns off when changing lane to the turning lane where I want it to stay on. Better but still has quirks.
That’s something that could be tricky to address. Many turn lanes have faded lane markers or existing cars in the lane are already covering them. Neural nets might take care of this but it’s a bit of a moving target. Heck, even humans struggle on where turn lanes are.

That’s something that could be tricky to address. Many turn lanes have faded lane markers or existing cars in the lane are already covering them. Neural nets might take care of this but it’s a bit of a moving target. Heck, even humans struggle on where turn lanes are.
This doesn't need a neural net but an algorithm to tweak for better success. The car knows it changed lanes and did not do a full turn. It knows the lane did not exist earlier. Knows other lane is adjacent so not an off ramp. Knows that it is not a limited access highway. Should know that there is an intersection ahead. May know the lane ends and does not go through the intersection so turn only.

Learning more about the new MS-LR car and its capabilities. I think "Differed Charging" from the iPhone APP may not be working properly. For us here the electric rates from 12:00 AM to 6:00 AM is extremely cheap.

Is anyone getting the following message "Your car cabin is now at desired temperature" on your phone? We are getting this at 11:42 PM every day.

I wonder if the new SW update with FSD 10.2, which has been delayed to Sunday/Monday, will be pushed to non-FSD cars also?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
With another day's worth of driving I can say that the blinker buttons are 200% better with the 2021.36 firmware. Greatly appreciated with highway driving as simple lane changes are one press and turn off automatically. Turning lanes seem to be inconsistent as sometimes do stay on for me.
Must be nice not to have a FSD car and get that 2021.36 update! Sure which my refreshed S with yoke would get it, or any refreshed S FSD car, that is! Enjoy in good health!