Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refuel 2014

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So if you haven't run 5+ track events you cant do this?
You can't run in the advanced class. You need to be in the novice class (point by passing, straights only).

Anyone doing track + autocross? I definitely want track and am tempted to sign up for the autocross as well, but I assume I'll be unable to get enough charge unless Tesla brings Superchargers, which it appears isn't happening.

You can't run in the advanced class. You need to be in the novice class (point by passing, straights only).

Anyone doing track + autocross? I definitely want track and am tempted to sign up for the autocross as well, but I assume I'll be unable to get enough charge unless Tesla brings Superchargers, which it appears isn't happening.

I don't see that option, just intermediate. I wanted to do Autocross too. but good point about the charging.

I don't see that option, just intermediate. I wanted to do Autocross too. but good point about the charging.
My run group is: REFUEL EV Car Beginner/Low Intermediate. Yeah, their site's not great. I've done 3 events and this is the class I got put in. Expect that class to fill quickly, given the attendees. If your profile has your experience noted correctly, it won't let you sign up for a class above your qualifications.

I ended up deciding against the autocross. I figure I can autocross whenever I want, but chances to get on Laguna in an EV are more rare. Still, it looks like we'll be driving back and forth to the campgrounds all day to charge (paddock charging is restricted to SportElectric TT participants).

@doug, any indication that Tesla may put up popup superchargers onsite like they did last year? Looks like we'll have many more Model S on track this year; the few 240V stations will probably be busy with other EVs as well.
Been working on that. I would say it's a good bet there will be some superchargers, but don't want to promise anything. Ultimately its the availability of charging that limits the maximum number of participants, and charging priority is to those doing the time trials. So sign up early to get a spot. If there is a wait-list be sure to get on that. If there is a comment section, you might mention TMC Connect (though it's ok if you didn't).

i tried to convince the wife to do the refuel tt with me. fit ev vs fiat500e. but... turned out transporting 3 cars from los angeles made it so i wont be going.

shame, ive done laguna seca once already in the miata, really wanted to burn some low rolling resistance tires up.

Been working on that. I would say it's a good bet there will be some superchargers, but don't want to promise anything. Ultimately its the availability of charging that limits the maximum number of participants, and charging priority is to those doing the time trials. So sign up early to get a spot. If there is a wait-list be sure to get on that. If there is a comment section, you might mention TMC Connect (though it's ok if you didn't).
Wait, should I have signed up for the TT? It wasn't clear what exactly that was vs. the standard run groups.

So I guess that group filled up already because I never saw it listed even. sucks. I don't see where you'd sign up for auto X either.

sooo sad ;<
I was really wanting to run this Track. trade off was skipping the Hoopa hillclimb (which is more dangerous and probably more fun) and spending a lot of money so I could go to TMConnect and Laguna. I'm not sure I would have been going if I knew I couldn't do a TT, I had a hill climb record to set this year. Hopefully Autocross is open....or I might cry a little

Last edited:
Wait, should I have signed up for the TT? It wasn't clear what exactly that was vs. the standard run groups.
My understanding is that the TT (REFUEL SportElectric Time Trial) is a certified timed solo lap. That's the group that gets charging priority in the paddock. To do the TT you also have to sign up for REFUEL EV Performance Driving Event, which consists of three 15 minute track sessions.

My understanding is that the TT (REFUEL SportElectric Time Trial) is a certified timed solo lap. That's the group that gets charging priority in the paddock. To do the TT you also have to sign up for REFUEL EV Performance Driving Event, which consists of three 15 minute track sessions.
Hmm, sounds fun but with only 3 track events under my belt I'd feel bad taking a spot from more experienced drivers. Though it looks like they might limit it to better drivers anyway if it fills up.

Then again, half the fun of a track day is watching everyone else... which I can't do from the campground. The Email Us link to change your registration doesn't work, either, so I guess I'm stuck.

Last edited:
I'm signed up, also in the beginner group (I've only done one formal track event before, although I also have some track time at a manufacturer's test site in AZ -- on a track that includes a copy of various track segments, including the decreasing radius turn from Laguna Seca).

Similar to Gizmotoy, I didn't sign up for the TT. Let the more experienced have the time! Plus, I just have a 60, so need to conserve battery -- although Gilroy is only ~40 rated miles away, so shouldn't need more than a short top-off after track time when we head north Sunday afternoon. Hopefully Tesla comes through with the temp Superchargers as that will make life a lot easier...

I was really looking forward to going to Laguna Seca this year but apparently the only slot available for novice (or even high novice) drivers is on Friday which would collide with TMC Connect. I think. But I dunno for sure, since we don't have a published schedule.

I guess I'll have to continue being limited to WA and OR tracks until I have more vacation time to burn in CA. :(

It's really a shame they couldn't find a day (Monday?) to slot in some time for TMC attendees as a whole. It's not even July and I'm already a bit soured on my TMC Connect experience.

Sucks.

Also, fair warning to others that try to register: Once you set your profile parameters apparently there's no way to review/update them if you suspect you misclicked. :(

Last edited: