Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Remote S: Tesla app for Apple Watch, iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The need for a force click is a safety issue. Otherwise, you might accidentally press one of the buttons. I don't have plans on changing that. What I might do for you, since you don't have a sunroof, is to replace the sunroof button with another button that opens a screen that lets you turn on/off the HVAC, unlock/lock the car without a force click.

Great. Silly question for you. Can you make one for max cool and max heat? How do you preheat the car with one click from the watch if the temp is set to 68 or so?

Great work on everything.

Does it maybe make more sense to use more of the iPhone screen real estate for the various functions then have the map active in the background? Tesla has a separate tab to locate car which is nice. I do like how you have so much data on one screen though.

I would totally be interested in SIRI voice!!! DOn't listen to these guys.

What would be amazing I could use my apple watch to open the power rear trunk. Sometimes i am holding groceries with both hands , or holding my kid, using the voice command would be amazing to open the trunk with my apple watch!!!

I would totally be interested in SIRI voice!!! DOn't listen to these guys.

What would be amazing I could use my apple watch to open the power rear trunk. Sometimes i am holding groceries with both hands , or holding my kid, using the voice command would be amazing to open the trunk with my apple watch!!!

I believe opening the trunk is not currently supported by the Tesla API -- you have to either use the key fob or the latch on the hatch.

Great work on everything.

Does it maybe make more sense to use more of the iPhone screen real estate for the various functions then have the map active in the background? Tesla has a separate tab to locate car which is nice. I do like how you have so much data on one screen though.

In version 2.0, the main screen will have no buttons that control the car. I'm going to combine the location and main car stats screen into one screen. So instead of having to switch through the screens by pressing the hamburger button, you get both stats screens at the same time. Tapping on "Remote S" will now instead toggle those car stats boxes on and off to reveal the map underneath. Pressing the hamburger menu button will now display a command menu that will take up the whole screen. The command menu will resemble the pull-up menu that Apple has when you swipe up from the bottom of the screen. This extra real estate allows me to make the buttons bigger, double as a button status display, and add more buttons to the screen.

I'm not sure if I'll have time to add voice command to version 2.0 or 2.1. It might have to wait until after my surgery and 6-month recovery. The idea behind voice command is to not only be able to command your Tesla through your voice, but to also get audio status feedback. For example, you can ask "Is my Tesla plugged in?", and the app will say, "Your Tesla is plugged in". You: "Is my car locked?". The app: "Your Tesla is unlocked". It can also understand complex sentences like, "Set the temperature to 70 degrees, vent the roof, and start the climate control."

Voice command will be a free upgrade to Remote S. I have no interest in charging for additional features to Remote S, nor do I want to limit certain users from getting the full experience of Remote S. The reason why I asked if people were willing to pay for it was to see what was the real demand for it. It's easy to tell someone to work on something when you don't have to pay for it. Anyway, it doesn't seem like it's a priority from the lukewarm response I got, so I'm going to work on other apps. For example, I've been working on a third-party keyboard app for iOS, and work on Remote S has delayed the completion of that app. That is just one example of the several projects that I am working on concurrently.

But if anyone feels that I should attempt to get voice command coded sooner or add more features in general, I do have a "tip jar". Only thing is that it's not a tip jar that gives me money. But it is for a great cause that I started about two years ago: http://regoapps.com/collegefund

With version 2.0, I have my work cut out for me. After reading through all 39 pages of comments over again, I came up with a list of dozens of features to add and bugs to fix. Geofencing is also something that will probably not make the cut in version 2.0 due to time constraints and lack of interest in it. UI changes for version 2.0 is my main priority from the feedback I got.

Btw, in classic Tesla tradition, I'm adding an easter egg into the app. I won't say how to activate it, but I will say that it pays homage to James Bond. Anyway, enough talking from me. I want to get back to coding Remote S version 2.0

Plus Siri (via the watch, as it is today) would have to recognize that you want the hatch open, and not the current price of beets in Latvia.

When you give Siri a predefined phrase, it's very accurate, because she's more confident that that's what you want. One time I even just gave her a keyword that matched two phrases, and she asked me which of those two phrases I wanted.

When you give Siri a predefined phrase, it's very accurate, because she's more confident that that's what you want. One time I even just gave her a keyword that matched two phrases, and she asked me which of those two phrases I wanted.
Fair enough. I haven't had the best experience with general Siri watch use, completely unrelated to your app.

I believe opening the trunk is not currently supported by the Tesla API -- you have to either use the key fob or the latch on the hatch.

I wonder why this is - any ideas?

Perhaps because it would make it possible to render the car undrivable remotely. Right now pretty much the worst you can do as a prank is to set the horn going and open the roof during a rain storm. I don't believe Tesla wants to allow a hacker to gain any serious control of the car. That would be terrible publicity.

Perhaps because it would make it possible to render the car undrivable remotely. Right now pretty much the worst you can do as a prank is to set the horn going and open the roof during a rain storm. I don't believe Tesla wants to allow a hacker to gain any serious control of the car. That would be terrible publicity.

What? You can already remotely open the doors and start the car.

This may be a version 2.1+ request but if it hasn't already been brought up, will you have something where you can schedule turning the AC on and a future specified time? For example you go into an appointment that lasts one hour and you wang your car to cool down or heat up in 50 minutes for example. Thanks.

Safety. Tesla wants you to be near the car so you can determine that it's safe to open or close the hatch.

Status
Not open for further replies.