Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Remote S: Tesla app for Apple Watch, iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Allen - I wish you all the best in your upcoming surgery and am hoping that your recovery goes as smoothly as possible and more quickly than you are anticipating. We all will be patiently awaiting your return to the forums here and in the interim, we will keep you in our thoughts and prayers. And, don't hesitate to reach out if there is anything that we can do to help you.

Latter. It extrapolates the data based on total odometer and the driving habits of your current trip. It also gives you the rated lifetime savings, which doesn't look at your driving habits, but instead is calculated based on total odometer and cost of a kWh multipled by the kWh per mile that your car is rated to do. That will give you an idea of how much the cost savings could be if you get the advertised MPGe. So you get a general idea of how much money you've saved based on those two numbers.
Allen -after >30 years in IT myself, I admire the speed and quality of what you do.

one request: these cars now sell around the world so please when you introduce new features such as MpG can we allow for regional equivalents for example in the UK the gallon (imperial gallon) is quite different from the US gallon.

will think of you later this week. Good luck.

Allen -after >30 years in IT myself, I admire the speed and quality of what you do.

one request: these cars now sell around the world so please when you introduce new features such as MpG can we allow for regional equivalents for example in the UK the gallon (imperial gallon) is quite different from the US gallon.

will think of you later this week. Good luck.

I kept you guys in mind. The trip stats show kWh per 100 km for the imperial system users. I heard that that's the system that you guys use vs MPGe, yes?

I kept you guys in mind. The trip stats show kWh per 100 km for the imperial system users. I heard that that's the system that you guys use vs MPGe, yes?

This is a good question. For gasoline cars we usually give litres/100 km so kWh/100 km makes sense, but I haven't seen it used much. What is usually given in Europe is the range of the car as measured by a standard method (the equivalent of EPA range rating). I think your kWh per 100 km is a good variable.

So what value would you guys like to see in place of MPGe? I originally had a ratio of actual vs rated miles to give you the efficiency of your driving habits. But the ratio didn't immediately make sense to me. As a U.S. User, I registers in my mind more when I see an MPGe reading. That's because all cars here are measured by MPG.

So what value would you guys like to see in place of MPGe? I originally had a ratio of actual vs rated miles to give you the efficiency of your driving habits. But the ratio didn't immediately make sense to me. As a U.S. User, I registers in my mind more when I see an MPGe reading. That's because all cars here are measured by MPG.

You could perhaps just use a value that we have become kind of used to relating to, due to Tesla using it all the time in the car: Wh/km.

When do you sleep Allen?

You could perhaps just use a value that we have become kind of used to relating to, due to Tesla using it all the time in the car: Wh/km.

When do you sleep Allen?

Makes sense. What Tesla doesn't take into account with the Wh/km in the dashboard is vampire battery drain. It is more noticeable in my app. I've been getting half of the advertised efficiency due to how little I've been driving each day.

I sleep whenever I feel like sleeping and that varies due to the heavy workload I've been having lately. Did I mention that while working on the Tesla app, I also finished a new keyboard app in parallel? When I'm in recovery, I hope to get plenty of sleep, but my doctor told me that I most likely will not, because the pain will wake me up as the pain killers wear off every 2-3 hours.

Makes sense. What Tesla doesn't take into account with the Wh/km in the dashboard is vampire battery drain. It is more noticeable in my app. I've been getting half of the advertised efficiency due to how little I've been driving each day.

I sleep whenever I feel like sleeping and that varies due to the heavy workload I've been having lately. Did I mention that while working on the Tesla app, I also finished a new keyboard app in parallel? When I'm in recovery, I hope to get plenty of sleep, but my doctor told me that I most likely will not, because the pain will wake me up as the pain killers wear off every 2-3 hours.

Bit off topic but I can't for the life of me understand why they'd want to give you short acting pain killers that wear off every 2-3 hours after the surgery if a lot of pain is expected. This isn't 1940. There are many many options and formulations of pain tablets and other types of pain management such as epidural, transdermal etc.

Sort of analogous to your scheduler and camp mode. Not having to restart the HVAC every 30 mins :)

In the UK we still use miles, though we use degrees C rather then F (unless like me you are old enough to remember £sd). On the continents they are wedded to Km and C.

kWh per 100 miles then, if your car settings are set to display miles. Do they advertise MPG in the UK?

- - - Updated - - -

Bit off topic but I can't for the life of me understand why they'd want to give you short acting pain killers that wear off every 2-3 hours after the surgery if a lot of pain is expected. This isn't 1940. There are many many options and formulations of pain tablets and other types of pain management such as epidural, transdermal etc.

Sort of analogous to your scheduler and camp mode. Not having to restart the HVAC every 30 mins :)
They're giving me an epidural. But that's only for the 5 day hospital stay. Afterwards, I'm only getting OxyContin or something like that. It's the 3 month physical therapy that's going to be the most painful.

They're giving me an epidural. But that's only for the 5 day hospital stay. Afterwards, I'm only getting OxyContin or something like that. It's the 3 month physical therapy that's going to be the most painful.

All I'm saying is that if they provide you with a pain management regimen that requires you to have pain on-and-off every 2-3 hours, waking you from sleep etc. then this is a poor regime. OxyContin should last you much longer, and is usually administered every 12 hours. But of course there is not a way to manage pain so perfectly that you never feel pain, without being at other times very over medicated. My point is that as a patient you should not be content with a poor pain management regime. Keep letting them know if it's not working. Good luck!

All I'm saying is that if they provide you with a pain management regimen that requires you to have pain on-and-off every 2-3 hours, waking you from sleep etc. then this is a poor regime. OxyContin should last you much longer, and is usually administered every 12 hours. But of course there is not a way to manage pain so perfectly that you never feel pain, without being at other times very over medicated. My point is that as a patient you should not be content with a poor pain management regime. Keep letting them know if it's not working. Good luck!

i think it's because the pain meds slow down my recovery, so they only give me just enough.

- - - Updated - - -

What is the icon to the upper right? New layout looks great.

Show and hide all layers to show the map underneath.

Quick question for you Allen: when you submit an updated version for an existing app that has already been approved to Apple, does the approval process take as long as the original (very first) app you submitted? And does this depend on the amount of changes (e.g. 1.0->1.1 being minor vs. 1.1->2.0 being major)?

Quick question for you Allen: when you submit an updated version for an existing app that has already been approved to Apple, does the approval process take as long as the original (very first) app you submitted? And does this depend on the amount of changes (e.g. 1.0->1.1 being minor vs. 1.1->2.0 being major)?
The average approval time is roughly the same even if the changelog is long. It should be less time this time than before because last time WWDC slowed things down. My guess is that the review time is back to 8-9 days now and not the 14 days it took version 1.1 to get approved.

I can add geofence triggering to my app. The question is, what would geofence triggers be useful for? Geofence accuracy is only down to a 100 m radius. And it requires the user to enter/exit that radius for 20 seconds before the action is triggered.

Just bought the app and i am so very impressed. Thanks. Here's what i would love to see. I park my car in my garage and the entry is a bit tight. So whenever i pull into my driveway, i activate my side of the garage doors via homelink, set the driver profile to the "EXIT" profile to adjust seat and steering wheel and activate the powered mirrors to turn in. If that can be geofenced so those functions are performed as i pull into the driveway, that would be great. Thanks.

I agree with this...If I could choose a driver profile via the watch or app, that would be awesome. My wife sometimes drives my Petie and she is so tiny, its hard for me to get to the screen to set the profile. I'd love to be able to select it on my app or watch and or geofence a profile like jacobp's idea. Pain is all part of the process, manage it but its best to get off all narcotics as soon as you can tolerate the pain as the narcotics can slow your recovery and are hard on other systems in your body, brain, GI, heart, etc.

Just bought the app and i am so very impressed. Thanks. Here's what i would love to see. I park my car in my garage and the entry is a bit tight. So whenever i pull into my driveway, i activate my side of the garage doors via homelink, set the driver profile to the "EXIT" profile to adjust seat and steering wheel and activate the powered mirrors to turn in. If that can be geofenced so those functions are performed as i pull into the driveway, that would be great. Thanks.

I agree with this...If I could choose a driver profile via the watch or app, that would be awesome. My wife sometimes drives my Petie and she is so tiny, its hard for me to get to the screen to set the profile. I'd love to be able to select it on my app or watch and or geofence a profile like jacobp's idea. Pain is all part of the process, manage it but its best to get off all narcotics as soon as you can tolerate the pain as the narcotics can slow your recovery and are hard on other systems in your body, brain, GI, heart, etc.

I don't believe Telsa's current APIs provide functionality to SW client applications to do any of this (seat/mirror/steering wheel adjustments or profile selection).

Status
Not open for further replies.