Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Remote S: Tesla app for Apple Watch, iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A slightly off-topic note: I was at TMC Connect this weekend. There were a sizable number of members/attendees wearing an Apple Watch, and the primary reason is your app. Pretty amazing. Apple should give you an added bonus for selling watches.

Very cool :) glad you guys like the app. Remote S started off primarily as an Apple Watch app so that users had a tesla Apple Watch app option. But it evolved to an iOS app in general to replace the official Tesla app.

Last edited:
A slightly off-topic note: I was at TMC Connect this weekend. There were a sizable number of members/attendees wearing an Apple Watch, and the primary reason is your app. Pretty amazing. Apple should give you an added bonus for selling watches.

you thinks that's good ... I'm facing having to buy into the whole iPad/iPhone/watch ecosytem in place of Android.

Now that should be worth some commission!

... though I would still much prefer an Android build when you have time please, as I guess about half of Tesla owners would ;)

I assume so. I don't know to be honest, because I didn't engineer the API. That's just the number the API gives me and the label is "battery current". But doing things things that use batteries or charge batteries affects this number as predicted. So 21 would probably be the net charging current.

Interesting, because the Tesla app reports out what is shown on the charging screen in the car. I awoke this morning with your app reporting a current of 23 amps, so I went out to the car to see if my UMC or outlet were warm or something or if I needed to re-start the charge session, but the charging screen in the car showed 40 amps and the Tesla app showed 40 amps while Remote S showed 23 amps. This was in a car that was 'off' but I could hear some battery cooling going on.

I have screen shots all taken within a minute of each other I can send you if needed.

Last edited:
Interesting, because the Tesla app reports out what is shown on the charging screen in the car. I awoke this morning with your app reporting a current of 23 amps, so I went out to the car to see if my UMC or outlet were warm or something or if I needed to re-start the charge session, but the charging screen in the car showed 40 amps and the Tesla app showed 40 amps while Remote S showed 23 amps. This was in a car that was 'off' but I could hear some battery cooling going on.

I have screen shots all taken within a minute of each other I can send you if needed.

Please go back one page of this thread for explanations on differences in current readings:
Remote S: Tesla app for Apple Watch, iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch - Page 100

A bit of an update on my recovery progress. I had trouble coding with all the narcotics, pain, and general confusion and hallucinations associated with all that. I'm still keeping track of all the things I will have to do when I feel better. I am getting closer to that point. Just give me a couple of more days and I'll be more capable. In the meantime, keep those bug reports and feature requests coming.

image.jpg

Thanks for all the care packages and cards! You guys are the best! Everything you guys got me was great. Especially these Blue Buffalo turkey snacks. They taste awesome.

I've reviewed prior threads and the wiki, but do not see an answer to the following:

In the advanced settings for the IOS app, there is a command button labelled "Turn Max Cool On" that sets lowest temp, turns on HVAC, and vents the sunroof. On the Watch, there is a Max Cool button when I force press at the HVAC screen. When. I hit that button, it turns on climate and sets it to "LO" but does not vent the roof.

is there a watch option to also vent the roof when I hit max cool, or do I need to do that through a separate command?

I've reviewed prior threads and the wiki, but do not see an answer to the following:

In the advanced settings for the IOS app, there is a command button labelled "Turn Max Cool On" that sets lowest temp, turns on HVAC, and vents the sunroof. On the Watch, there is a Max Cool button when I force press at the HVAC screen. When. I hit that button, it turns on climate and sets it to "LO" but does not vent the roof.

is there a watch option to also vent the roof when I hit max cool, or do I need to do that through a separate command?

I was worried that users would not know that Max Cool also vents the roof on the Apple Watch, so made it so that it doesn't also vent the roof. But I can add it to the next version of Remote S.

I was worried that users would not know that Max Cool also vents the roof on the Apple Watch, so made it so that it doesn't also vent the roof. But I can add it to the next version of Remote S.

Thats no problem and not a big deal. I was just trying to make sure my watch app was working properly.

What does the "reset" button on the force press watch option do (located under the max cool button). If it is not something crucial, maybe have a "max cool" button and a separate "vent cool" button where the reset button is located.

Thats no problem and not a big deal. I was just trying to make sure my watch app was working properly.

What does the "reset" button on the force press watch option do (located under the max cool button). If it is not something crucial, maybe have a "max cool" button and a separate "vent cool" button where the reset button is located.
It resets the temperature back to room temperature. Useful if you use Max Cool and then want the temp back to normal temps.

I have dual chargers and a HPWC setup. The car and Tesla "official" app show 79-80 amps while the car is charging. The "Remote S" app shows 43 for some odd reason. Otherwise it displays everything flawlessly.

I have dual chargers and a HPWC setup. The car and Tesla "official" app show 79-80 amps while the car is charging. The "Remote S" app shows 43 for some odd reason. Otherwise it displays everything flawlessly.

This is a known "bug". The grey "80 A" in Remote S is the same as the white 80 A in the official app. The white 43 is the actual current flowing into the battery. This is a number that the official app doesn't display but is in the API data. If you turn on and off the HVAC, you can see the battery current change, meanwhile the charger current remains the same. If you go to the app settings, you can even set this battery current to remain on screen even when not charging. You can see vampire drain this way.

While 43 A may not seem like a lot, keep in mind that the battery voltage is around 300-400 while your outlet is probably 240 V. So if you do the math, the power is around the same, minus the battery drain from your car.

Can you make Max Cool actually turn on the AC?

The reason I purchased this app, is usually my AC isn't on, so turning on climate to cool the car when it's hot doesn't work, but if the app could actually force the AC to On or Auto with the Max Cool, that would be great. Even putting recirculate would help too from a Max cool perspective.

Status
Not open for further replies.